• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It's possible he isn't aware the payment was reversed. I guess time will tell.

Not sure how that would be possible.

I called paypal and was told that the owner of the bank account used to send me the funds filed an unauthorized payment. Saying that his account info was compromised and this was a fraudulent payment sent out during that time frame.

So it was definitely not something as simple as lack of funds.

Dscott is saying that he spoke to paypal and paypal shows a filed report by Hustruck. Unless someone filed the report on his behalf without his knowledge (which makes no sense) he has to know about the request at the very least. Right?

I already posted this in the general discussion thread, copying here.

Hi guys, unfortunately for the first time I have to ask advice about a transaction that is not going smooth.

Here are the facts:

On July 29 I post the :takeit: on two items that were GUARANTEED by the seller (he stated that on the thread) to be at least NM- (9.0) or better.

The seller agreed to ship the comics to Joeypost (before that, I asked Joey if it was ok to have the books shipped to him and he said no problem).

Communication stopped completely until August 13 when I ask the seller where are the comics. He answer the following:

" Sorry, tracking #9114 9011 5981 8438 3718 27

I had to resend it due to incorrect address.

You should have it tomorrow "

Then I asked Joey to confirm that he got the books and if he can tell me if the books were as advertised (NM- or better)

As you probably know, Joey is dealing with much more important issues right now, and because of that his answer about the condition of the books took longer than expected.

Finally, on September 18 Joey tells me that only one of the books has a shot at 9.0 and the other is lower grade because of some stains.

I PM the seller on September 18 asking for a refund and the seller agreed on September 19. His PM:

"Surprised about that, everyone seems very happy with their copies. However, if you are not happy please return them for a full refund "·

I give Joey the return address on September 22 and that is when communication with the seller stops.

I didn't want to bother Joey with this issue of mine so I didn't ask for a tracking number until October 25 when he give me the tracking showing that the package was delivered on October 4 to the address that the seller gave to me.

I immediately sent a PM and a separate email to the seller asking for the refund, pointing out that he has the books since October 4th and even so he didn't contact me at all.

IMO this is PL worth, and if I am correct, I have to wait 3 days since my last PM/email to the seller to start the PL process.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks for reading, english is not my language, i hope I was clear enough.

I sent a new PM to this seller informing him that I am nominating him to the PL.

I am nominating seller comickat to the probation list.

The reason is in the quoted post, I contacted him via PM and via email but he did not reply. I sent him a separate PM three days ago informing him that I was nominating him fot the PL, and still no answer.

I am out $110, and I don't have any hope to have them back anytime soon, but I want to inform the community about the risk of doing business with this individual.

I was contacted by the seller and I got a full refund.

I am removing COMICKAT from the probation list.

Please, the person in charge of editing the PL, he can cancel comickat from the list

That was a short-lived stay. I removed him from the list.

I did not open any claim and I didn't try to reverse any transaction. I have no idea what is going on. This is just as surprising to you as it is to me

We will get to the bottom of this and I responded to your PM to speed up the process.

I did not open any claim and I didn't try to reverse any transaction. I have no idea what is going on. This is just as surprising to you as it is to me

We will get to the bottom of this and I responded to your PM to speed up the process.

(thumbs u

Ill keep everyone informed.

It's possible he isn't aware the payment was reversed. I guess time will tell.

Not sure how that would be possible.

I called paypal and was told that the owner of the bank account used to send me the funds filed an unauthorized payment. Saying that his account info was compromised and this was a fraudulent payment sent out during that time frame.

So it was definitely not something as simple as lack of funds.

Dscott is saying that he spoke to paypal and paypal shows a filed report by Hustruck. Unless someone filed the report on his behalf without his knowledge (which makes no sense) he has to know about the request at the very least. Right?

I don't know. I've heard a lot of bad but, I believe he always pays.

(thumbs u

Ill keep everyone informed.

Problem has been rectified

Waiting on Dscott to confirm

A few moments ago Hustruck did send me an echeck. I have attached a photo, I will not know if it clears until 11/21/14-11/25/14. But up to this moment he has been very open with communication and has helped to resolve the issue quickly & to the best of his ability.

I am more than happy to put this on hold for now and to revisit the matter on the 25th if the new payment has not cleared. As for now though I am very optimistic that things are moving in the right direction and will work themselves out correctly.

Has any reason come to light as to why a paypal claim was filed in the first place? Glad to see he has put forth the effort to pay the funds, but why were the funds reversed in the first place?

Also I would modify your post to hide some (or ideally all) of the transaction information. It should not be publicly posted.

Edited by jaybuck43

Once Dscott notified me of this issue I immediately contacted paypal and visited my bank to discover just what the problem was.

Once we the bank manager discovered what happened, I immediately notified Dscott to explain to him just what happened and how I intended to rectify the situation.

I dont want to get into it on here, but suffice to say it was a bank/paypal error and I did not initiate it nor did I have anything to do with it.

The first chance I got which was a half hour ago I jumped on a desktop computer and made new payment arrangements.

Dscott will get cleared payment when the echeck clears and all will be back to normal.

For those who went out of their way to try to disrespect my name (and you know who you are) I would appreciate it if you put the same effort into clearing what you have applied.

Edited by HusTrucK