• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

My biggest freaking pet peeve. Slander is spoken (remember it that both slander and spoken have an S in the beginning of the word) Libel is written. If it's posted on a chat board it's libel NOT slander. Please if you are going to butcher the law, at least butcher the right law. OK? Thanks!

4461135196_59b11b48b9.jpg

My biggest freaking pet peeve. Slander is spoken (remember it that both slander and spoken have an S in the beginning of the word) Libel is written. If it's posted on a chat board it's libel NOT slander. Please if you are going to butcher the law, at least butcher the right law. OK? Thanks!

Also library and libel share the same etymological root liber, or book.

I like that!! I plan on using that in the future (with proper attribution of course)

:idea:

I like that!! I plan on using that in the future (with proper attribution of course)

Why, thank you but no need to attribute! I didn't know it until I read your post and thought "S for slander... hm ...what could L stand for?" and thought "library, where you find written words." Sure enough, an etymology search revealed all.

It's possible he isn't aware the payment was reversed. I guess time will tell.

Not sure how that would be possible.

I called paypal and was told that the owner of the bank account used to send me the funds filed an unauthorized payment. Saying that his account info was compromised and this was a fraudulent payment sent out during that time frame.

So it was definitely not something as simple as lack of funds.

Dscott is saying that he spoke to paypal and paypal shows a filed report by Hustruck. Unless someone filed the report on his behalf without his knowledge (which makes no sense) he has to know about the request at the very least. Right?

I don't know. I've heard a lot of bad but, I believe he always pays.

Rich Henn just had a huge paypal from Hustruck reversed as well. :(

I called paypal and was told that the owner of the bank account used to send me the funds filed an unauthorized payment. Saying that his account info was compromised and this was a fraudulent payment sent out during that time frame.

Dscott is saying that he spoke to paypal and paypal shows a filed report by Hustruck. Unless someone filed the report on his behalf without his knowledge (which makes no sense) he has to know about the request at the very least. Right?

I know of a third person as well. :eek:

Certified funds should be deposited at the new institution immediately. This can be done in the form of cash or a bank check made payable to cash. If you changed institutions and deposited a personal check, and then proceeded to stuff the channel with multiple transactions you need to communicate with your banker who set up your account and link your checking account to a reserve line, credit card or some other unsecured type of credit line that doesn't require an approval that will take longer than 10 minutes.

at this point, anyone you paid recently that may have been or will be affected should be contacted immediately.

This should have probably be done when the first issue came up

at this point, anyone you paid recently that may have been or will be affected should be contacted immediately.

This should have probably be done when the first issue came up

This morning I notified everyone who I made payment to in the last 3 days