• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Thanks. The way I read it originally was that it was about the community policing the community and focused on the poll part. Basically the idea that anyone could just post a poll saying Include Jaybuck43 in the HoS and vote. But yea rereading your stuff I get it.

(thumbs u

Back to my earlier analogies from 4-5 days ago...I'm just saying that perhaps we should mentally "redefine" the HoS as not only place for the "felonies", but also a place for the "misdemeanors"...you still have to have evidence to "prove" the misdemeanors, though. (thumbs u

And...would this be watering down the HoS? Of course it would...by definition...because all we've had on there to date are the irredeemable felons. But, why should we be stuck on that point, if "prosecuting the misdemeanors" is important to the community.

The bolded section isn't exactly true.

My main concern would be the list turning into a simple popularity contest.

Everyone keeps saying this. I just don't get the concern. I don't understand how it could turn into a popularity contest. I must be missing something...

And...would this be watering down the HoS? Of course it would...by definition...because all we've had on there to date are the irredeemable felons. But, why should we be stuck on that point, if "prosecuting the misdemeanors" is important to the community.

Fair enough...I was taking some poetic license.

I haven't been here that long (seven, eight years) but the rash of incidents in the sales forum is on the rise.

Shams, scams, horrible grading, drop shipping, thread krapping, thread krapping of others, purposefully attempting to derail others sales, crappy enticements, stalking, trolling + all kinds of other shenanigans.

I think the majority here are just trying to look out for others.

"Earnest Hemingway once wrote - The CGC sales forum is a fine place and worth fighting for... I agree with the second part".

seven_zpsa26c8edf.png

Thanks. The way I read it originally was that it was about the community policing the community and focused on the poll part. Basically the idea that anyone could just post a poll saying Include Jaybuck43 in the HoS and vote. But yea rereading your stuff I get it.

(thumbs u

Back to my earlier analogies from 4-5 days ago...I'm just saying that perhaps we should mentally "redefine" the HoS as not only place for the "felonies", but also a place for the "misdemeanors"...you still have to have evidence to "prove" the misdemeanors, though. (thumbs u

hm

(thumbs u

hm

What are you thinkin' on?

So does HusTruck stay on the HOS or not?

He's not in the HOS yet. There's still time left in the poll. :/

Delete the poll

We can revisit this thread when he screws up again

So bi-weekly then?

Maybe he wants you to elaborate?
Two people are there because they dared the community to do so, menace was added then removed.

So they shouldn't be there either? :shrug:

I was only here for one of the two, and Menace. And my opinion is well documented.

......and it's only a matter of time before he defrauds someone out of a lot of money

You don't KNOW this and I hope we can both agree you can't convict someone on what you THINK they're going to do.

Let's say someone is threatening to shoot someone else, but they haven't done it yet, does that mean you just ignore that person until they really shoot someone?

Your example is so far from logical that I have no idea why anyone would entertain it.

It makes sense to me, you take care of a problem before it turns into something more. Sorry if that wasn't clear I will no longer use analogies since they can't be comprehended

You don't charge someone with murder, attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon because they threatened to do so.

Hold on I think I see something...

pre-crime2_zpsc7033616.jpg

A red ball?

No - Someone about to be HUSTRUCKED

g93mg.jpg

-slym