• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I have 2 eBay id's

One to sell with and one to buy with

I closed down my account before to start a fresh selling account.

That is 100% in line with eBay rules

As for the PL nomination

According to the forum rules I have the right to refuse and cancel a transaction for any reason as long as I state that in my thread.

I wrote this at the bottom of my last 3 sales threads.

I reserve the right to cancel the transaction with anyone for any reason......to protect myself in case an unforseen circumstances arose.

So according to the forum rules the nomination is invalid and I should be taken off ASAP.

Comicdonna confirmed to me that as long as it was stated in the thread i have the right to cancel if I want to with no consequence.

I never asked for payment even though he insisted on sending it multiple times. Never once asked for payment upfront.

I think this post may have gotten trampled in the mob but it raises a few questions. 1) Comicdonna did you tell him he can cancel a sale for any reason with no consequences as long as he stated it in his thread? I've never heard of such a rule (refusing the right to SELL to someone, yes). 2) As Sha and a few others have said, why haven't we seen the PM's. He claims to have never requested payment. Did he not? Posting the PMs would go a long way to establishing a trail here.

I have 2 eBay id's

One to sell with and one to buy with

I closed down my account before to start a fresh selling account.

That is 100% in line with eBay rules

As for the PL nomination

According to the forum rules I have the right to refuse and cancel a transaction for any reason as long as I state that in my thread.

I wrote this at the bottom of my last 3 sales threads.

I reserve the right to cancel the transaction with anyone for any reason......to protect myself in case an unforseen circumstances arose.

So according to the forum rules the nomination is invalid and I should be taken off ASAP.

Comicdonna confirmed to me that as long as it was stated in the thread i have the right to cancel if I want to with no consequence.

I never asked for payment even though he insisted on sending it multiple times. Never once asked for payment upfront.

your sales thread says this "I reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone for any reason"

that is completely different than "I reserve the right to cancel the transaction"

you may not have completed the transaction but you agreed to it. You can't cancel it after you've agreed to sell the item at the agreed price.

He knows that. This was his first question in a group charity PM thread. A few people refused to sell to him. I said they could refuse to, if they stated the right to refuse to sell to someone on ignore ect...

So does HusTruck stay on the HOS or not?

He's not in the HOS yet. There's still time left in the poll. :/

Harvey, you have taken on the PL and pushed it along well, sometimes with a titch of over-enthusiasm which even you admitted in a good natured way.

When the PL/HOS rules were being formulated I took on the job of coordinating all of it. It was a huge job and lasted some time, with multiple initial votes for the wording, multiple changes to the wording, re-votes etc. I was as objective as I could possible be throughout. When some things I personally did not agree with were proposed I offered my opinion and the folks decided. During enforcement of the rules I also tried to remain as objective as possible and focused on the rules. Even folks who are not fond of me would probably admit this.

But, as you have taken on a good part helping to manage and coordinate the PL/HOS, you have to be objective. Your opinion has to be as unsullied as possible when presenting the issues. You should be presenting facts directly relevant to violations. Not weaving a narrative designed to show a progression of "offenses" to create a psychopath.

Below is your original HOS proposal. I have struck out the irrelevant points with a brief comment following in blue.

:news::news:HusTruck HOS Nomination Poll :news::news:

I am nominating HusTruck to the Hall of Shame. He has exhibited several signs of being a scammer and a complete fraud on multiple occasions. He also exhibits several signs of sociopathic behavior.

His first posts here included starting a thread accusing a store owner of "raping" him.

This has no relevance to the HOS or PL.

He showed his true colors and lack of ethics by admitting Sociology 101:If you can do something without getting caught you will.In that thread he was referring to another person. Regardless, this is neither PL or HOS worthy.

He was caught shilling HERE and brushed it off with excuses about imaginary adversaries that were framing him HERE. Has the shilling been been proven? I saw a post or two shortlky after saying "He shilled" or similar but the only real response was Hustruck said he blocked the shill bidders and restarted the auctions.

The term "HusTrucking", i.e. extreme lowballing, was coined and HusTruck joked about it while trying to lowball in a charity thread [unedited post] and further laughing about his lowballing actions. Is Hustruck saying "just be happy I didnt low ball you :roflmao:" grounds for HOS or PL?

Very recently, he has issues with several long-standing seller to which he was almost nominated for the Probation List based on "PayPal Issues".

Were these issues resolved? Is money still outstanding?

This brings us to the most recent transgression which has finally landed him on the Probation List: The Hulk #181 Fiasco. In this instance, HusTruck listed a Hulk #181 and refused to show the label or include the certification number. This was because he was attempted to drop ship the book - i.e. purchase the book from eBay, list it here for a higher amount before he had paid for the book and use the funds from the sale here to pay for it while making a profit. However, the original seller of the book became weary when HusTruck once again began to have payment issues so the seller cancelled the deal. HusTruck now could not fulfill a sale of the book to a Board member so he stole images of a cracked case from another thread and tried to claim that the Hulk #181's case was cracked.

This is the only substantiated incident. I would not call it HOS worthy. PL worthy yes as a resolution is possible.

These examples of fraud, deception and sociopathic behaviors are also coupled with HusTruck's homophobic comments made on his eBay profile (if you don't read this, you're a homosexual) prove that he is a character lacking any moral fiber and deserving of the Hall of Shame. Again, hardly anything PL or HOS worthy. Conjecture, opinion, call it what you will. If a homophobic comment was grounds for HOS the list would be larger than the PL.

Pov, I get it. (thumbs u

I did a write up quickly using mainly links Jay had previously posted and were readily available as it seemed some were ready to start a poll without any sort of write up.

And this will be last write up as I don't want to deal with the headaches that follow. I think a personal list works better anyway.

And this will be last write up as I don't want to deal with the headaches that follow. I think a personal list works better anyway.

:roflmao: Don't give up, Harvey! You do a damned good job with the PL/HOS. We need that!

I laid back for some time, mainly because the Probation Discussions was turning into the Water Cooler with so much irrelevant memes, videos, jokes etc. it made it almost impossible to figure out what was going on with the PL stuff. You persevered through all that very well!

I started getting back into it again simply because it is important to me, even though I rarely buy/sell here. Even when I got back into it I did not involve myself too much because I knew many of the issues would either resolve themselves or just peter out due to a lack of evidence. Which pretty much did happen.

Keeping Hus on the PL is the board equivalent of the HOS as far as selling/buying goes. His name is there as a warning.

But please do stick around here. The work you have done is really beneficial! (thumbs u

At this point should I just delete the poll since it was clearly done so incorrectly? (shrug)

No. I understand the points against his nomination. But enough people think he deserves to be on the HOS list, for actual offenses.

Please outline the actual offenses that violate the PL/HOS.

I deleted the poll.

At last vote,

130 - yes

18 - no

If someone wants to write up a better, more thorough and appropriate write up with HOS nomination worthy information, go for it. (thumbs u

Why do that when we can wait for someone to lose a substantial amount of money first?