• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The paranoid newbie in me says if you cheat an old timer like Designer Toast even in the slightest way it's HoS for you but if you cheat someone new it's PL. Or is it the subsequent meltdown that makes it HoS? It's kind of irrelevant as Red Rocks managed to get himself booted from the board as well, but where is the line drawn?

That's a good question. To me (and I only speak for myself) the newness of a member is irrelevant if the evidence is supplied. I don't care if they have 5 posts or 50,000.

Here is an example of a newbie who had an issue.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=5969944&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=povertyrow+KONG&topic=0&Search=true#Post5969944

WDMarvelcomics is still on the PL.

Hey Pov. I've kind of alluded to it twice now and not seen an answer. How is he in any way different then Red Rocks? The paranoid newbie in me says if you cheat an old timer like Designer Toast even in the slightest way it's HoS for you but if you cheat someone new it's PL. Or is it the subsequent meltdown that makes it HoS? It's kind of irrelevant as Red Rocks managed to get himself booted from the board as well, but where is the line drawn?

There was more to it than that.

I was the purchaser of that Superman #1. Red Rocks took my money, refused to send the book (or give it to another boardie who was going to fly to Oregan for me and pick up) - delayed on the refund for a week, and then sold it to someone else - I am assuming someone who saw the book for sale here - for a much higher price.

$20,000 is a hell of a lot of cash to be sitting in some guys bank account who was looking more and more unhinged by the second.

Then his wife came on and threatened to sue everyone!

He was put on for a combination of all 3 events. :foryou:

Did you have proof of this?

Based on what POV wrote earlier

These aren't HOS worthy

"Then his wife came on and threatened to sue everyone"

If he didn't complete the transaction, then it was PL just like HusTruck

You left out a huge difference between the two cases.....

I believe he got his money back

Hey Pov. I've kind of alluded to it twice now and not seen an answer. How is he in any way different then Red Rocks? The paranoid newbie in me says if you cheat an old timer like Designer Toast even in the slightest way it's HoS for you but if you cheat someone new it's PL. Or is it the subsequent meltdown that makes it HoS? It's kind of irrelevant as Red Rocks managed to get himself booted from the board as well, but where is the line drawn?

There was more to it than that.

I was the purchaser of that Superman #1. Red Rocks took my money, refused to send the book (or give it to another boardie who was going to fly to Oregan for me and pick up) - delayed on the refund for a week, and then sold it to someone else - I am assuming someone who saw the book for sale here - for a much higher price.

$20,000 is a hell of a lot of cash to be sitting in some guys bank account who was looking more and more unhinged by the second.

Then his wife came on and threatened to sue everyone!

He was put on for a combination of all 3 events. :foryou:

Did you have proof of this?

Based on what POV wrote earlier

These aren't HOS worthy

"Then his wife came on and threatened to sue everyone"

If he didn't complete the transaction, then it was PL just like HusTruck

You left out a huge difference between the two cases.....

I believe he got his money back

I was going to say he was a well known boardie and the dollar amount was high. Both of which should be irrelevant, just as POV said, but what should be relevant and what is not seems to be a case by case basis.

Ok but you said those things right now, so those weren't part of the HOS nomination?

I'm confused or tired maybe I need to sleep

10k tomorrow for sure

I just supplied some backstory - unless I go and look (and I really can't be bothered to read a massive thread again) then I can't even tell you who nominated him.

As for proof - the book was only for sale here, and as Ron Thedas name and address was published very early on (again not by me) then absolutely anyone browsing the CGC forum could have contacted him.

I was told by someone (who I won't name , but was actively helping me up in Oregan find this guy through his professional connections) that he had received an offer for more money, hence him deciding a few days after receiving full payment, to then turn around and refuse to send it.

I only have this gentlemans word, but I believe him.

Hector is correct - I was repaid about a week later with staggered payments over 3/4 days - so 9 days approx. in total.

Edited by Beige

The shilling has been proven. I don't have the patience to go through the 20,000 posts in this thread to find his posts, but I'm fairly positive he admitted to it when called on it last year, claiming ignorance. Then immediately did it again.

Somebody with more of a stake is more than welcome to verify this. I wouldn't deal with him regardless of inclusion in the HOS (even tho I think he's deserving of it)

The shilling was not proven, not admitted to. One thing that rubs my rhubarb is when people say "I am fairly positive" or similar (like "I think" or "I am pretty sure" etc.

Would you like to be accused and convicted of something because another person was "fairly positive" or "thought" or was "pretty sure" you did something?

I have seen this kind of "testimony" many times here, and more often than not it turns out to be either false or about someone else.

This is why substantiated evidence as in posts, PMs etc. are asked for.

This is just like a drug user. Problems keep arising, all the time and he keeps blaming something or someone else. I have been in court for over 18 months where the Judges keep using the same lack of evidence you just announced. Everyone in the court except for the judge knows what is going on. Witnesses have seen the proof first hand but the Judge still uses your same responses. Something drastic hast to happen and then it is to late.

Thing is we have our own set of rules here. We require some form of substantiating real evidence, not conjecture. I am not defending anyone. I am defending the process. Yes, you can say I am doing the same thing: citing a lack of evidence. But if, as you say, witnesses have seen the proof first hand then that would come up here. Thing about these boards, there is little one on one talk. The vast, vast majority of communication is via PM, email, etc. All of which are easily reproduced.

PS - if you are a lawyer you should know the difference between "to late" and "too late". (sorry about that last little dig.)

lol I type a hundred words a minute with twenty mistakes. I am bad about proof reading. My friend TricolorBrian, a writer, always get's pissed at me. I just really don't care. No lawyer. Just someone who has gone through much litigation trying to get custody of my Grand Kids. Which is happening in the next 6 months. Going through so called rules. With no logic involved just rules. A piece of poop is a piece of poop. No matter what the rules or how much you defend it.

HoS and bant. This thief deserves no less.

-slym

I would like to add him to the HOS.

I am out about $300 in lost interest by ending a term deposit early, exchange rate losses etc caused by RR pulling out of the deal after I paid him.

He did reimburse the paypal payments.

So here's a poll (hopefully)
So can you put him on Pov, me old mate?
So can you put him on Pov, me old mate?

To quote Yul Brenner in the 1956 epic THE TEN COMMANDMENTS: "So let it be written. So let it be done."

I reread the whole thread regarding his nomination, I just posted the write up. For red rocks the final total was 34 to 8 I think

Going through those posts the oddly reminded me of much of what is being said about HusTruck

Ok but you said those things right now, so those weren't part of the HOS nomination?

I'm confused or tired maybe I need to sleep

10k tomorrow for sure

I just supplied some backstory - unless I go and look (and I really can't be bothered to read a massive thread again) then I can't even tell you who nominated him.

As for proof - the book was only for sale here, and as Ron Thedas name and address was published very early on (again not by me) then absolutely anyone browsing the CGC forum could have contacted him.

I was told by someone (who I won't name , but was actively helping me up in Oregan find this guy through his professional connections) that he had received an offer for more money, hence him deciding a few days after receiving full payment, to then turn around and refuse to send it.

I only have this gentlemans word, but I believe him.

Hector is correct - I was repaid about a week later with staggered payments over 3/4 days - so 9 days approx. in total.

So again, I fail to see the differences other than well liked boardie and massive dollar amount. To be clear though, I fully supported this HOS nomination as well and glad Beige got his money back in the end.

Well, his latest post ain't helping his case:

Hi, I havent read anything on this topic since last Sunday and won't because I dont have time to get caught up with these Boardie drama queens and their drama, but all I have to say is given the number of posts on here its pretty weak and funny that Royce is so upset and bitter he sold a book too cheap like a newbie. Talk about stupidity to sell a superman 1 for cheap! Of course this was easy money, like taking candy from a baby!

Also, be advised I have notified the mods of all this threadkrapping in the sales thread, so I look forward to the strikes and suspensions for all these losers like Royce

oh and by the way Royce, good luck with selling any other books at those ridiculous prices, I got the only bargain of the bunch!

Again, I'm not reading or replying to this anymore, so have fun talking to yourselves

After seeing his response, and how he is basically thumbing his nose at the community here, I say put him on the H.O.S. hm

Hi, I havent read anything on this topic since last Sunday and won't because I dont have time to get caught up with these Boardie drama queens and their drama, but all I have to say is given the number of posts on here its pretty weak and funny that Royce is so upset and bitter he sold a book too cheap like a newbie. Talk about stupidity to sell a superman 1 for cheap! Of course this was easy money, like taking candy from a baby!

Also, be advised I have notified the mods of all this threadkrapping in the sales thread, so I look forward to the strikes and suspensions for all these losers like Royce

oh and by the way Royce, good luck with selling any other books at those ridiculous prices, I got the only bargain of the bunch!

Again, I'm not reading or replying to this anymore, so have fun talking to yourselves

Wow, this guy has no shame, I say he should get some in the HOS after saying this :facepalm:

The probation list is completely useless. By even suggesting rr should be on some kind of list shows the irrelevance of this list.

After seeing his response, and how he is basically thumbing his nose at the community here, I say put him on the H.O.S. hm

I turn my earlier post around now - I concur, he is HOS material.

-slym

-slym

It's even gotten worse.

HOS material 100% :sumo:

-slym

It's even gotten worse.

HOS material 100% :sumo:

+1 :sumo:

While I don't know if this is HOS worthy, it is really scummy. My solution for this is to add him and others I won't buy from to my watched users list. That covers me for any losers that don't make the list.
I missed the excitement while it was happening, but if he shorted DT out of some loot with a sob story, then tried to get some of it back, then gloated about it, then went into standard Boards Aggro-Defense Mode when confronted, that does sound HOS-worthy to me. I mean, is there anything to suggest he wouldn't happily pull the same BS again if given the chance?

this RR HOS nomination had less push back for one offense that never had proof (Though i believe Beige) that could have easily been left as a PL nomination based on what has been said of HusTruck and the board vote had a smaller majority but it didn't even blink twice at the inclusion of Red Rocks to HOS but for HusTruck we cancelled the vote??????

Explain that

"I'll just say this - HT can go in the HOS - he's probably done just enough.

"These examples of fraud, deception and sociopathic behaviors are also coupled with HusTruck's violent history as well as homophobic comments made on his eBay profile ( if you don't read this, you're a homosexual) prove that he is a character lacking any moral fiber and deserving of the Hall of Shame. "

I'm not a fan of dragging the Internet to find actions/posts that have nothing to do with selling books on here.

Or are people now going to go on the HOS because they got into a fight with 3 guys 10 years ago?

On that basis - Kav will be close due to his assaulting a shopper in a supermarket checkout!

His personal thoughts and actions - away from completing sales - probably shouldn't be dragged into this. Unless the criteria for engaging in the sales forums have to include a spotless personal history.

I wish you would edit your post Justin, It just doesn't seem to be what we are talking about - which is the Probation List on an Internet comic forum.

Am I the only one that feels uncomfortable about what Hustruck did at school being part of the HOS poll rationale?

2c "

The above is my original objection - it was some of the nomination content I objected to, not the nomination.

That needed to be made clear, as it seems the line between objecting to the rationale of nomination has become confused with 'getting HusTruck off' - which wasn't my motivation, or, I would have imagined, other people who objected.

No-one objected to Ron Theda's nomination and more importantly - it was for one specific transaction.

Even though I didn't remember nominating him doh!

If the nomination for HT was amended to remove the non-board related content (school stuff - which has gone, and personality 'traits), then the poll should have remained.

I asked if the poll should be stopped, whilst we sorted out wether HT could be put on the PL, and then upgraded to the HOS for the same incident.

Once that was sorted out, the poll IMO could have carried on, but just outlining the actual facts of the transaction involving the cracked case. Hulk #181 I believe.

Edited by Beige