• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

At the end of the day was Designer Toast or Beige shorted out of any money?

Re-reading the wreckage of that thread DT sold a book for an agreed upon price. RR flipped it on the boards to Beige which caused a stir but at the end of the day Beige was refunded the money. Neither DT nor Beige lost money but RR did fail to complete the transaction with Beige - PL at least.

If Hustruck's actions are not HOS worthy then RR actions are not HOS worthy?

In my eyes Hustruck's actions were even worse since he was selling a book he didn't even have in his possession which was proven by the eBay message posted a few hours back.

Here is the logical vote by the people.

At last vote,

130 - yes

18 - no

If someone wants to write up a better, more thorough and appropriate write up with HOS nomination worthy information, go for it. \(thumbs u

Majority can see what has gone on, with logic. The other 18 are people go by technicalities of the rules. Which is just like our Justice system and criminals walk every day. Welcome to the real world.

Beige lost money I believe because he cashed out early or something like that

It seems the only mistake we made with HusTruck (and pay attention future HOSers) was that he didn't have a FDQ moment where he flipped off the entire board.

I guess he's much smarter than we gave him credit for. He kept his mouth shut and ended up on the PL

I want to make it clear that I in no way want to exculpate Red Rocks. His behavior was horrible. I'm merely wanting a clear definition of what it takes to get into the HoS and why the difference in the cases.

+1 for me as well.

It seems the only mistake we made with HusTruck (and pay attention future HOSers) was that he didn't have a FDQ moment where he flipped off the entire board.

I guess he's much smarter than we gave him credit for. He kept his mouth shut and ended up on the PL

Well, on the PL until he makes a behind the scenes deal to get off of it. Something, no one seems to want to acknowledge can very easily happen.

But that was Beige's choice. He cashed out to make the purchase. His intent was to use the money for the purchase. The interest earned stopped at the moment he made the decision to use that source instead of cash on hand.

Well, on the PL until he makes a behind the scenes deal to get off of it. Something, no one seems to want to acknowledge can very easily happen.

For real. 4comix already stated he knew he was shady and dealt with him anyway. What's to stop hustrucker from sending him a perk to get off the PL?

But that was Beige's choice. He cashed out to make the purchase. His intent was to use the money for the purchase. The interest earned stopped at the moment he made the decision to use that source instead of cash on hand.

I agree but no one questioned it at the time. That's what the nomination was based on and it passed.

No, that's not what I am saying - I imagine the other objectors aren't as well (although I won't go so far as to speak for them).

Anyone can be nominated for the HOS if the nominator thinks they should be, and the offence is deemed serious enough. A lot of people think this is.

In this case, the objection was to the content of the nomination post, as outlined previously.

My other concern was wether HT could be put into the PL, then just taken out and thrown into the HOS for the same offence.

Once that had been sorted, the poll could have continued.

If he was voted in, so be it. I would not have been upset about it, and certainly wouldn't be starting a poll to get him out.

If you want to rewrite the nomination Hector, and just include the Hulk #181 events, then I don't imagine anyone would object. Let the poll reflect the boards wishes.

Majority can see what has gone on, with logic. The other 18 are people go by technicalities of the rules. Which is just like our Justice system and criminals walk every day. Welcome to the real world.

I assume you are a lawyer, perhaps a prosecutor? Yet your arguments seem based on opinion. "Majority can see what has gone on, with logic." How can you speak for what is an unspoken majority that appeared in a poll but nowhere else? How do you know with such assurance what their logic is if they never voiced it?

HoS and bant. This thief deserves no less.

-slym

I would like to add him to the HOS.

I am out about $300 in lost interest by ending a term deposit early, exchange rate losses etc caused by RR pulling out of the deal after I paid him.

He did reimburse the paypal payments.

So here's a poll (hopefully)
So can you put him on Pov, me old mate?

To quote Yul Brenner in the 1956 epic THE TEN COMMANDMENTS: "So let it be written. So let it be done."

lol

Maybe not you but certainly everyone else believea that Hustrucks offenses aren't substantial to warrant HOS

Povertyrov

Hado

bragnet

skypinkblu

Crassus

columbiacomics

Jimmylinguini

They all felt HusTruck should not be added based on the Hulk 181 incident because not enough proof was presented

Let's see the PMs get presented and we can revisit at that time.

I'm only questioning why one nomination had push back and why the other one didn't

HoS and bant. This thief deserves no less.

-slym

I would like to add him to the HOS.

I am out about $300 in lost interest by ending a term deposit early, exchange rate losses etc caused by RR pulling out of the deal after I paid him.

He did reimburse the paypal payments.

So here's a poll (hopefully)

To quote Yul Brenner in the 1956 epic THE TEN COMMANDMENTS: "So let it be written. So let it be done."

lol

Edward G. Robinson played Dathan in that film. I often dearly wished for a scene with him saying "Hey, Pharoah, see! We'll sweep dah sands wid dese mugs, see?"

I think just enough to be put to a vote.

It certainly leaves enough doubt that I wouldn't actively push for his inclusion.

2c

I assume you are a lawyer, perhaps a prosecutor? Yet your arguments seem based on opinion. "Majority can see what has gone on, with logic." How can you speak for what is an unspoken majority that appeared in a poll but nowhere else? How do you know with such assurance what their logic is if they never voiced it?

In my previous post. I stated I was not a lawyer. That I had been involved in litigation for the last 2 years. Logic is in the eye of the beholder . " How do you know with such assurance what their logic is if they never voiced it?" Because they just voiced it in that poll. Good grief.

Edited by HHwolfman