• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Here's the great thing about being able to sell on these boards. We can see patterns of bad behavior and take care of it before it becomes a problem. In many other sales platforms they don't have that luxury. Why is it that we have to be so strict as to who can and can't be called out and shunned for trying to rip off people in this small community? Why must we have to WAIT until someone gets truly ripped off until we deem someone a problem?

To protect people. I've never had a problem with you, as a matter of fact, I enjoy your "passionate viewpoint"...but when you started, you were a little more forceful than some others.

What if a few old timers, louder new timers just didn't like you?

Some of us, don't want anything that goes into a list like the Hall of Shame or probation thread to be personality based.

I don't have a long list of people I don't like here, it's extremely short, almost non existent , but if someone started a poll to put that person or persons in the Hall of Shame solely because they are irritating I'd be speaking out against it. I might doh! later, but these lists cannot be based on personality...nor gender, nor skin color, nor any of those other ridiculous things.

If there are no facts backing up the nomination the lists would be extremely long.

We have had a few discussions and I've enjoyed them and sharing viewpoints. I appreciate everyone's viewpoint on here. When I first came around I was passionate about someone trying to scam me out of money and I probably sounded very similar then as I do now. It's just something I can't tolerate personally.

I hear you on hard facts needing to be present to be nominated for PL/HOS and I feel we have some very hard evidence that fraud was trying to be pulled. Fortunately nobody got screwed out of money this time. At least I didn't change my screenname when I first came here and got called out for being too aggressive with my views and practices :)

the poll was pulled because it wasn't written properly. it lacked the evidence and had information not relevant to the nomination.

no one should be blaming the people who spoke out on that but in fact because of them the evidence for his inclusion is stronger

I'll fully agree that the write-up lacked screencaps and "evidence."

I've stated several times that I felt like my hand was forced since several were bluntly stating "why do we need a write-up. I'll just start a poll. :preach: "

I figured I'd preemptively get a write-up/poll written and edit it as more info/evidence came in. I edited Symbiotic's write-up about 10 different times as he kept shooting himself in the foot! :D

FTR - I asked if a write-up was needed, else I'd make the poll. I think I was the first to say something to that effect, but I could be wrong. However, I was answered that it was needed, so I didn't make a poll, and never pressured anyone to make the write-up after I got my answer.

:)

-slym

Here's the great thing about being able to sell on these boards. We can see patterns of bad behavior and take care of it before it becomes a problem. In many other sales platforms they don't have that luxury. Why is it that we have to be so strict as to who can and can't be called out and shunned for trying to rip off people in this small community? Why must we have to WAIT until someone gets truly ripped off until we deem someone a problem?

Board memories are often faulty, when they work, it's usually an exaggerated version of the truth...someone said something, someone repeats it & then it quickly becomes truth.

What does the following statement mean to you? You responded to it indirectly while quoting it here

This guy has had a shady history almost since day 1. He's been nominated for the PL more than once ( please correct me if I'm wrong ).

Someone made a lazy damning statement saying "he's been nominated for the PL more than once" then asked others to fact check him.

So...has he ever been nominated to the PL? How many times? By who? Was it addressed? Was it successful (ie - added)

The answer is clearly - who cares for most people. (shrug)

Minutes later, this exchange at the end of a larger string. Now with urgency...

With all due respect, why isnt CGCboy/Hustruck in the HOS and why isn't there a poll back up? I saw a majority vote heavily in favor of having him in the HOS?

Agreed.

That is the lynch mob mentality in action, since we're talking about patterns. Some people just don't care about the truth when a clearly shady guy is on the path to HOS.

If people aren't going to fact check themselves & those agreeing with him don't care about the truth - the intent of the list is for it to remain respected by as many in the community as possible. An HOS full of bad dad & racist joke tellers will still get service here.

:popcorn:

Board memories are often faulty, when they work, it's usually an exaggerated version of the truth...someone said something, someone repeats it & then it quickly becomes truth.

What does the following statement mean to you? You responded to it indirectly while quoting it here

This guy has had a shady history almost since day 1. He's been nominated for the PL more than once ( please correct me if I'm wrong ).

Someone made a lazy damning statement saying "he's been nominated for the PL more than once" then asked others to fact check him.

So...has he ever been nominated to the PL? How many times? By who? Was it addressed? Was it successful (ie - added)

With all due respect, why isnt CGCboy/Hustruck in the HOS and why isn't there a poll back up? I saw a majority vote heavily in favor of having him in the HOS?

Agreed.

That is the lynch mob mentality in action, since we're talking about patterns. Some people just don't care about the truth when a clearly shady guy is on the path to HOS.

If people aren't going to fact check themselves & those agreeing with him don't care about the truth - the intent of the list is for it to remain respected by as many in the community as possible. An HOS full of bad dad & racist joke tellers will still get service here.

Baba:

The answer is, yes he was nominated on 11/18/2014 http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8179221#Post8179221 but the nomination did not result in an inclusion because hustruck/cgcboy came on and posted what happened and took steps to resolve the issue.

Some welcome surprises were hidden in the 200+ posts I missed today. Welcome back, comix4fun! :applause:

lol thanks

Agreed.

Your right there's nothing shady about Hustruck/Cgcboy. And I have my facts hes been involved with the PL/HOS more than once deeming him a problem

Agreed.

My fault. He's totally innocent...and has always been so. Clearly I follow groupthink, please accept my sincere apologies.

:eyeroll:

Agreed.

My fault. He's totally innocent...and has always been so. Clearly I follow groupthink, please accept my sincere apologies.

I know dude. Earlier I thought I sat on my remote, but it was my pitchfork. Mob duty is literally a pain in the arse

Agreed.

I know dude. Earlier I thought I sat on my remote, but it was my pitchfork. Mob duty is literally a pain in the arse

I wish we had a doosh list for the auto contrarians.

Your right there's nothing shady about Hustruck/Cgcboy. And I have my facts hes been involved with the PL/HOS more than once deeming him a problem

laughing-smileys-emoticons130.gif

One more piece of evidence incase anyone wants to do a write up in the future.

I was curious if indeed Hustruck/CGCboy was attempting a drop ship or possibly something more nefarious. The whole taking an instant loss thing just seemed REALLY weird. I have edited the sellers response to remove personal information which includes addresses and phone numbers. The remainder of the conversation appears unedited.

16079598970_3213a1eaff_c.jpg

I have confirmed that "Evan Wolberg" is NOT 4comix and I have confirmed that he is in fact a friend of Hassan's who goes (went?) to HVCC with him.

16079487918_e05c59161e_n.jpg

15644596434_a35bb46982_n.jpg

EDITED TO ADD IN Old eBay message so all pieces are in one place.

15630634103_24f772abaa.jpg

Edited by jaybuck43

I'm assuming that this guy Evan is the owner of the last paypal account he tried to make payment with.

EDIT: Maybe not. Did the ebay seller say the last paypal address did not match up to the shipping address?

Edited by wombat

Is there any way to compare the two timelines? When Hus was asking the Ebay seller to ship to Evan Wolberg, what at that time was he telling 4comix exactly? Can this be lined up with any precision?

I'm going to put together a time line of events for clarity (and because my post with pictures is MONSTROUS, sorry about that guys.

On 12/07/2014 Hustruck/CGCboy wins an eBay auction for a hulk 181 CGC 9.0 Cr/OW for $2177.68.

On 12/XX/2014 Hustruck/CGCboy attempted to pay the eBay seller for the book. He was, for whatever reason, unable to complete said transaction.

On 12/XX/2014 Hustruck/CGCboy suggested using Skrill to complete the transaction. The eBay seller, having read reviews on Skrill did not feel confident in using that service and declined (as was his right, as his listing called for payment via Paypal, credit card through Paypal, or Paypal Credit)

On 12/XX/2013 Hustruck/CGCboy sent an e-check through paypal but it was immediately canceled.

On 12/XX/2014 Kevin Hull sent a paypal payment in the amount of $2177.68 to the seller. The payment made no mention of the Hulk 181, or Hassan. As such, the seller refunded the money. The seller stated (and the addresses I have corroborate) that the address on the Paypal receipt for payment did not match Hassan's address nor did it match the inevitable ship to address.

On 12/XX/2014 Hustruck/CGCboy sent a paper check to the seller. The seller took it to his bank to cash but his bank refused the check because it was signed only with Hassan's initials. The check was returned to Hassan uncashed.

At some time while this was going on Hustruck/CGCboy requested that the item be sent "as a present" to Evan Wolberg. At no time was the address of Mr. Wolberg matching to either Hassan's or any other person who attempted to pay for this item.

Due to this level of issues, the seller canceled the sale and relisted (and sold) the book. At no time prior to the resale had the book left his possession. Any stories about cracked cases are purely fabricated as the case was fully intact at the time it was mailed to the new purchaser.

I'm going to put together a time line of events for clarity (and because my post with pictures is MONSTROUS, sorry about that guys.

On 12/07/2014 Hustruck/CGCboy wins an eBay auction for a hulk 181 CGC 9.0 Cr/OW for $2177.68.

On 12/XX/2014 Hustruck/CGCboy attempted to pay the eBay seller for the book. He was, for whatever reason, unable to complete said transaction.

On 12/XX/2014 Hustruck/CGCboy suggested using Skrill to complete the transaction. The eBay seller, having read reviews on Skrill did not feel confident in using that service and declined (as was his right, as his listing called for payment via Paypal, credit card through Paypal, or Paypal Credit)

On 12/XX/2013 Hustruck/CGCboy sent an e-check through paypal but it was immediately canceled.

On 12/XX/2014 Kevin Hull sent a paypal payment in the amount of $2177.68 to the seller. The payment made no mention of the Hulk 181, or Hassan. As such, the seller refunded the money. The seller stated (and the addresses I have corroborate) that the address on the Paypal receipt for payment did not match Hassan's address nor did it match the inevitable ship to address.

On 12/XX/2014 Hustruck/CGCboy sent a paper check to the seller. The seller took it to his bank to cash but his bank refused the check because it was signed only with Hassan's initials. The check was returned to Hassan uncashed.

At some time while this was going on Hustruck/CGCboy requested that the item be sent "as a present" to Evan Wolberg. At no time was the address of Mr. Wolberg matching to either Hassan's or any other person who attempted to pay for this item.

Due to this level of issues, the seller canceled the sale and relisted (and sold) the book. At no time prior to the resale had the book left his possession. Any stories about cracked cases are purely fabricated as the case was fully intact at the time it was mailed to the new purchaser.

So what you're saying is.... that at no point did HT ever own the book. Which he attempted to sell on Instagram and on the CGC boards, WITH NO MENTION OF THE FACT THAT HE DID NOT OWN THE BOOK.

Is there any way to compare the two timelines? When Hus was asking the Ebay seller to ship to Evan Wolberg, what at that time was he telling 4comix exactly? Can this be lined up with any precision?

Yes they can. The book was relisted by the seller at Dec-26-14 17:45:21 PST. As such all the events in my time line have taken place and concluded by that date (because the seller did not relist until he had canceled the sale.

So what you're saying is.... that at no point did HT ever own the book. Which he attempted to sell on Instagram and on the CGC boards, WITH NO MENTION OF THE FACT THAT HE DID NOT OWN THE BOOK.

This is true, and I am curious about the 2 timelines because if he had requested it be shipped to a third party, Wolberg, at the same time that he was asking 4comix for a cheque or MO, it would appear much worse than a failed "drop ship and flip".