• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I hope you never get off the list. You don't handle your business properly, and you only come back to make things right when you can't buy books on the Boards, not because it is the right thing to do, or to make it right with Rich.

The selling threads of these Boards make me want to puke lately.

I haven't even tried to buy anything

Like I first said I finally got things mostly worked out

And wanted to see if he wanted to make a deal for the book

I never said sell it to me for the $300 I won a few months ago

Everyone here just assumed like always

Quick to judge. He opened the message and didn't respond

There's really nothing else I can do. If he doesn't want to finish the deal that's all him

I'm willing to try to work something out

Just like I was willing to work something out months ago

I offered a trade of equal value at the time and he declined

I'm trying to make things right and everyone still gets on my case and is quick to judge

It's the same handful of people every time

You can't even keep your own story straight. You are a symptom of the disease the selling threads have become afflicted with. You have no empathy, no remorse and no conscience. All you have talked about so far is how this has affected you and your ability to buy on the boards and how you have been ganged up upon. Get over yourself. This is how Rich feeds his family. Thankfully, he is good enough at it that one $300 sale doesn't make any difference. Go take some selfies and contemplate your own important place in the world.

You are a symptom of the disease the selling threads have become afflicted with.

And here's the cure.

the%20cobra.jpg

Man, I liked that movie.

:facepalm:

It had academy award written all over it.

facepalm3-3.png

You are a symptom of the disease the selling threads have become afflicted with.

And here's the cure.

the%20cobra.jpg

Man, I liked that movie.

:facepalm:

It had academy award written all over it.

facepalm3-3.png

Yes, it did have Academy written all over it, until Stallone blew the words to mess

Do you think if you're off the list people have to deal with you?

I'm sure you're on plenty of You may be on personal lists so what will change?

I've bought and sold enough on these boards

I don't need someone thread crapping with

He's on the PL list beware every time I try to sell/buy something

I've never burned anyone

Everyone who bought a book from me on the boards had a pleasant experience and got good deals

Go ask them yourself.

You might want to rethink that one.

Question, if you don't care about the book, why did you bid on it?

Do you think if you're off the list people have to deal with you?

I'm sure you're on plenty of You may be on personal lists so what will change?

I've bought and sold enough on these boards

I don't need someone thread crapping with

He's on the PL list beware every time I try to sell/buy something

I've never burned anyone

Everyone who bought a book from me on the boards had a pleasant experience and got good deals

Go ask them yourself.

Coming on here and getting pissy with everyone is not going to achieve a desired result. You need to take this beef up with Rich, and Rich only. Maybe try being a bit more polite and simply ask if anyone can contact him for you, and try and resolve it through a P.M.

Come around here with an attitude, and your not going to get a warm a fuzzy feeling.

Dude look at the way everyone started attacking me when I said I sent him a few messages and got no reply

It's the same handful of people everytime

I've met a lot of really cool people on the boards

But the few that attack people when they feel like it aren't people I want to associate with

I try to do what everyone says I need to do and I get ganged up on

You reap what you sow? (shrug)

There's only one person responsible for the position you are in and it's you. This is not about anyone else. Hundreds of people on this board conduct themselves on the up and up in transactions and never run into issues. You have been involved in one issue or the other pretty much since you joined up. poor attitude, "it's not me it's them" type of confrontational responses. Now it's "all on Rich?" Laughable. Look in the mirror. Time for some self reflection.

I may be entirely out of line in saying this, but I believe the problem with people like this guy is that they already spend too much time looking in the mirror & looking at their reflection.

Rich is incredibly easy to deal with, however he is running a business.

My suggestion, not an attack, is to re-read your PM's to him. See if they sound like you're apologetic for your actions and sympathetic to how you've affected his business. Or if they sound like you just want off the P/L.

Remember, the resolution you're striving for is to make Rich whole in a deal you did not complete, being removed from the P/L is a byproduct of that.

What book are we talking about?

When were the PMs sent? When were they read?

One was sent over a month ago and the other yesterday both read and no Reply to either

I didn't post her to bad moth the seller I posted to see what to do next and like always got attacked

I never said to him sell me the book at the price I won it for on eBay

I'm trying to do what everyone who has to put their say in everything told me to do

Come up with a resolution and complete the sale. Just about everyone in this thread is quick to judge and listen to one side but not the other. Not here to make excuses I'm trying to make things right and be done with this so the seller and I can move on

Maybe it's a little bit of comeuppance for shining him on for a while in the initial transaction & he's making you wait this time around?

Be patient & be remorseful & maybe a resolution will come.

Be pushy & demanding that someone who felt was screwed over by you to be compliant in your request to "make right" and you'll probably get a lot less traction in your attempt to actually "make right".

Maybe it's a little bit of comeuppance for shining him on for a while in the initial transaction & he's making you wait this time around?

Be patient & be remorseful & maybe a resolution will come.

Be pushy & demanding that someone who felt was screwed over by you to be compliant in your request to "make right" and you'll probably get a lot less traction in your attempt to actually "make right".

Good advice

people say he's a busy man. I'll just give it time