• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Agreed. You could most likely put him on the PL if you wanted but it would most likely not be worth the drama. I think it is fair game to name him though, since he is lucky you are not naming him to a list.

I don't think thats probation worthy, but maybe should name them anyway so others don't deal with the headache

I was on the line about it being PL worthy but thought others would want to know who it was to avoid a let down. PM if you guys want to know.

Even if it's not PL worthy, why wouldn't you want to warn other people about this guy? Post their name, please.

+1

He accepted the deal at 1:07 and backs out with a lame excuse. Not a dream customer. Naming this guy to prevent future issues is probably ok. Some people keep track of these guys and block them. I'd drop the name, forget the PL and move on.

There are several buyers who backed out of deals on the PL (shrug) ..so I think in this case it's up to the seller here re: nominating, outing etc...

I know there are a few who say they'd rather have someone come forward with buyer's remorse & back out rather than have the hassle of accommodating a return - that's a choice those sellers can make. Softening the PL rules isn't necessary just because a few sellers are willing to release buyers from their obligations.

I just think if a buyer made an unconditional counter offer, the seller accepted it then it's a deal. IMHO :popcorn:

The only way this doesn't seem very shady is if he bought the other book between these two events:

Ask if I will take xxx.xx for price at 1:07pm

I say sure at 3:13pm

But even then he should have immediately sent a PM canceling the deal before it was agreed on by the seller.

The only way this doesn't seem very shady is if he bought the other book between these two events:

But even then he should have immediately sent a PM canceling the deal before it was agreed on by the seller.

I think it's a given that he found his other copy after making his counter offer at 1:07 but I consider a counter offer as a :takeit: (if you'll accept this price) so without any other buyer conditions - all the seller needs to do is say "yes".

I understand the "window of opportunity for retraction" that you're pointing to.

Keep in mind, I missed Star Wars Hot Topic week on the boards.. lol:insane:

Edited by bababooey

I think it's a given that he found his other copy after making his counter offer at 1:07 but I consider a counter offer as a :takeit: (if you'll accept this price) so without any other buyer conditions - all the seller needs to do is say "yes".

I understand the "window of opportunity for retraction" that you're pointing to.

I tend to agree.

If he wanted to rescind his offer to take the book he had to do so before acceptance by the seller.

In short, a move that lacks empathy and courtesy.

I tend to agree.

If he wanted to rescind his offer to take the book he had to do so before acceptance by the seller.

I dunno, that was my losing argument way back when that jhcampbell/soup guy got PL'd.. (shrug) Not that he didn't earn it in other ways :D

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5993474#Post5993474

+1

In my book (speak out if you disagree) when you say:

"Will you take it for $XX?" That's a done deal if accepted. If you don't hear back within whatever timeframe you feel is reasonable, then you simply say "NVM, found one." It's not that hard, and I've recalled doing that very thing myself.

To not respond to people online while you have 17 different ways to do so at practically any location on earth - is inconsiderate and lazy. If you're out cutting deals and looking for books while you make offers, I'd say you've got the ability to contact someone to back out of a deal at a moments notice.

Sure, some people have lives outside of the internet - but again, if you're out actively looking for a comic in that two-to-three hour window, you would think that you'd have the wherewithal to cancel an offer when you bought it elsewhere - instead of flaking out and wasting the seller's time.

I tend to agree.

I dunno, that was my losing argument way back when that jhcampbell/soup guy got PL'd.. (shrug) Not that he didn't earn it in other ways :D

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5993474#Post5993474

You remember 3 years ago.? I can't remember Sunday. lol

+1

In my book (speak out if you disagree) when you say:

"Will you take it for $XX?" That's a done deal if accepted. If you don't hear back within whatever timeframe you feel is reasonable, then you simply say "NVM, found one." It's not that hard, and I've recalled doing that very thing myself.

To not respond to people online while you have 17 different ways to do so at practically any location on earth - is inconsiderate and lazy. If you're out cutting deals and looking for books while you make offers, I'd say you've got the ability to contact someone to back out of a deal at a moments notice.

Sure, some people have lives outside of the internet - but again, if you're out actively looking for a comic in that two-to-three hour window, you would think that you'd have the wherewithal to cancel an offer when you bought it elsewhere - instead of flaking out and wasting the seller's time.

Has the guy been outed yet , so I can put him on ignore?

So I've sent two messages to Rich_Henn

Both messages read and no response to either

I was willing to buy the book if he still had it. I want to work things out with the seller and when I reach out I'm ignored

Trying to make things right so I'm off the probation boards but getting nothing from seller

I was willing to buy the book if he still had it. I want to work things out with the seller and when I reach out I'm ignored

Trying to make things right so I'm off the probation boards but getting nothing from seller

Can you refresh my memory as to how you got on the list? Was it from ignoring him when he wanted to get paid?

Can you refresh my memory as to how you got on the list? Was it from ignoring him when he wanted to get paid?

:popcorn:

This place is getting like tabloid central.

My phone was off I had spotty wi fi

My accounts were all messed up

Never said I wouldn't pay him

Trying to make things right and seller just reads my messages and doesn't write back