• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Should we reserve a space here now for all of the Star Wars Hot Topic Variants being sold for a $125 or more on the boards with possible news being released that they will be put back on the shelves yesterday or Monday for $4.99?

Should we reserve a space here now for all of the Star Wars Hot Topic Variants being sold for a $125 or more on the boards with possible news being released that they will be put back on the shelves yesterday or Monday for $4.99?
:cry:

You win some you lose some

I agree. The way I look at it is that if a buyer bought a book on the boards for $3 and a movie announcement was made a few hours later shooting the book up to $50, the presumption would be that the buyer still gets the book for the agreed upon price of $3. I think it would have to be the same in reverse when buying and the book drops in value. The buyer and seller still agreed upon a price. Now, some sellers may release them of their debt but that is completely up to them.

I agree. The way I look at it is that if a buyer bought a book on the boards for $3 and a movie announcement was made a few hours later shooting the book up to $50, the presumption would be that the buyer still gets the book for the agreed upon price of $3. I think it would have to be the same in reverse when buying and the book drops in value. The buyer and seller still agreed upon a price. Now, some sellers may release them of their debt but that is completely up to them.

(thumbs u

I feel like Beachbum perfectly summarized my feelings on the Hot Topic variant over in Comics General.

I started to make a post on all this in Forum Only Selling "General Discussion" when I woke up but decided against it because of the fear of someone accusing me of "Thread Krapping".

I could not understand the $$$ being paid for books that had not been "officially" recalled over an ad that was released early but factual.

IMO if you are selling something as "Recalled" and it actually isn't then maybe you should let the buyers out of the sale. I would, but that's just me.

Man this whole thing is a mess. Still, if I had sold the book, I would back out of the sale now that the book is no longer recalled. Prices are going to drop and level out immediately. I wouldn't feel right.

Just playing devils advocate here.

Every retailer takes returns. The absence of a return policy does not prevent returns.

In fact, return policies are used to identify restrictions.

What was the return policy? Were there any restrictions?

Could the books simply be returned?

Just playing devils advocate here.

Every retailer takes returns. The absence of a return policy does not prevent returns.

In fact, return policies are used to identify restrictions.

What was the return policy? Were there any restrictions?

Could the books simply be returned?

Good point. I agree with Branget's idea that its about building relationships. Why would you want buyers with regrets? If a seller would otherwise have a no questions asked return policy, it makes little sense to force a sale only to accept a return.

Alley Bat has reappeared...ComicFun, discussing Batman 1 in the gold forum. Got a wonderful pm confirming his inadequacies.

Love Monday morning "Sorry I purchase another while wanting to here back thnks for ur time best of luck" messages.

Ask for time payments and say you can pay Friday at 12:43pm

Then say you can make a payment sooner at 12:50pm

I agree to take payments at 12:50pm

Ask if I will take xxx.xx for price at 1:07pm

I say sure at 3:13pm

I shoot a pm at 11:10pm when I'm invoicing recapping the conversation and giving my pp address.

Get that reply back this am.

Whats everyone's thoughts on that?

Love Monday morning "Sorry I purchase another while wanting to here back thnks for ur time best of luck" messages.

I shoot a pm at 11:10pm when I'm invoicing recapping the conversation and giving my pp address.

My thought: he/she is an ahole. An impatient ahole at that.

I don't think thats probation worthy, but maybe should name them anyway so others don't deal with the headache

I was on the line about it being PL worthy but thought others would want to know who it was to avoid a let down. PM if you guys want to know.

My thought: he/she is an ahole. An impatient ahole at that.

He may be a doosh,but not probation worthy. hm

I don't think thats probation worthy, but maybe should name them anyway so others don't deal with the headache

I was on the line about it being PL worthy but thought others would want to know who it was to avoid a let down. PM if you guys want to know.

Even if it's not PL worthy, why wouldn't you want to warn other people about this guy? Post their name, please.