• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

For what it's worth, I also sent rip67vdub a PM on Aug. 14, 2015, advising him that it was against the rules to have books for sale here and eBay at the same time. He never responded.

Yes you did and so I made the changes accordingly and moved on. Didn't feel it was necessary to reply to your pm.

He's still making sales in his thread on the other forum. He'll have to shut that one down as well if he wants to sell here.

Apparently, my sales threads are gone, so problem solved.

Edited by rip67vdub

For what it's worth, I also sent rip67vdub a PM on Aug. 14, 2015, advising him that it was against the rules to have books for sale here and eBay at the same time. He never responded.

Yes you did and so I made the changes accordingly and moved on. Didn't feel it was necessary to reply to your pm.

He's still making sales in his thread on the other forum. He'll have to shut that one down as well if he wants to sell here.

Apparently, my sales threads are gone, so problem solved.

I'm pretty sure even if they don't delete your threads you aren't going to be selling very much.

Not Sure if this is the right spot for this, but maybe someone can tell me where I should post this. We were contacted thru our website (not by a boardie) about purchasing a low grade AF 15 From a Christpher Ott from Relics City, turns on that this is a scam, and we wanted to give everyone heads up.

Not Sure if this is the right spot for this, but maybe someone can tell me where I should post this. We were contacted thru our website (not by a boardie) about purchasing a low grade AF 15 From a Christpher Ott from Relics City, turns on that this is a scam, and we wanted to give everyone heads up.

This thread is specifically for board members who need to be put on probation.

Stuff like scams in general should probably be put in Comics General.

Specifically, there is a thread where people were discussing an AF #15 scam already right here.

I'll repost your post in that other thread. (thumbs u

he (she) has tried their scammery here as well

I nominate rip67vdub to the Probation List due to the events that happened surrounding the transaction for a Marvel Super Heroes Winter Special (1st Squirrel Girl.)

Have you sent him the 72hrs notice of nomination via separate PM?

Yes I notified him in a separate PM of his nomination a few days ago on 8/21.

And two days later, I politely responded with the following:

Cool. Good to know. God Bless!

So just to be clear, you do not care about the board rules or even just doing the right thing? (shrug)

Don't get me wrong. I acknowledge the rules, made a mistake, and now suffering the consequences. Took it like a man and went about my business as usual. Looking back at the all the posts related to my case, I find it hilarious but also sad to jump all over a new boardie like that. Based on their immature comments or lack of, I get the sense that either they were bullies at an early childhood OR it gives them great pride and self-worth to bash a boardie behind a computer. I did the wrong by not holding my end of the bargain. But was truthful behind my reasoning. Take it for what it's worth. Life goes on.

Edited by rip67vdub

he (she) has tried their scammery here as well

OK, I didn't know that. Thnx!

I nominate rip67vdub to the Probation List due to the events that happened surrounding the transaction for a Marvel Super Heroes Winter Special (1st Squirrel Girl.)

So just to be clear, you do not care about the board rules or even just doing the right thing? (shrug)

Don't get me wrong. I acknowledge the rules, made a mistake, and now suffering the consequences. Took it like a man and went about my business as usual. Looking back at the all the posts related to my case, I find it hilarious but also sad to jump all over a new boardie. Based on their immature comments or lack of, I get the sense that either they were bullies at an early childhood OR it gives them great pride and self-worth behind a computer. I did the wrong by not holding my end of the bargain. But was truthful behind my reasoning. Take it for what it's worth. Life goes on.

I don't mean to be cruel but this reads like lyrics to a song for teens.

Don't get me wrong. I acknowledge the rules, made a mistake, and now suffering the consequences. Took it like a man and went about my business as usual. Looking back at the all the posts related to my case, I find it hilarious but also sad to jump all over a new boardie. Based on their immature comments or lack of, I get the sense that either they were bullies at an early childhood OR it gives them great pride and self-worth behind a computer. I did the wrong by not holding my end of the bargain. But was truthful behind my reasoning. Take it for what it's worth. Life goes on.

Sorry you feel that way.

Edited by rip67vdub

Sorry if it wasn't too hardcore for you.

lol yeah you'll make it around here. :eyeroll:

I did the wrong by not holding my end of the bargain. But was truthful behind my reasoning.

I'm not sure what is worse. Not following through with your commitment or that fact that you did it to save $2.

Don't get me wrong. I acknowledge the rules, made a mistake, and now suffering the consequences. Took it like a man and went about my business as usual. Looking back at the all the posts related to my case, I find it hilarious but also sad to jump all over a new boardie like that. Based on their immature comments or lack of, I get the sense that either they were bullies at an early childhood OR it gives them great pride and self-worth to bash a boardie behind a computer. I did the wrong by not holding my end of the bargain. But was truthful behind my reasoning. Take it for what it's worth. Life goes on.

You've barely been on this forum a year. More than half of your posts are in sales-related threads, either buying, selling, or feedback. You clearly didn't read the rules before purchasing, regarding the seriousness of making a commitment to claiming a book in a thread, nor could have read the rules regarding selling books in multiple locales simultaneously -- or if you did read them, you chose to ignore them (in either case, not a good thing).

This forum has seen a number of people migrating to it over the last couple of years who see it as an alternative to eBay, and that's fine. What gets people in a rancor is when some of those said people do nothing to take in the lay of the landscape, get to know the people here, ignore the rules in place, and focus only on themselves and what they can get out of being here.

Not having read every comment made towards you on here, I won't speak for anyone else. My own comment basically said that I made a clear decision to not do business with you until I saw how you handled your "mistake". Even now, you could have fixed it by simply saying to the aggrieved party "I'll buy the book like I originally said I would". It's $32, not $3200. And you could always sell the book yourself anyway, even at a loss, so saying you'd be out another $32 isn't even the case. I've claimed books here that I discovered afterward I didn't actually need, and for a lot more than $32, and I bought them anyway. My word and reputation won't have a dollar amount put on it. Will yours?

If $32 is life-altering for you, then you shouldn't be buying a luxury like comics anyway -- but taking the hit and fulfilling your end of the transaction is a small price to pay for doing the right thing, getting yourself off of any probation lists, and getting a reputation that is good, rather than one of someone who'll do whatever suits him best, no matter how little money is involved.

You've chosen the latter path, apparently. And your latest response is to play a subtle victim card. Good luck with that. My advice to you here isn't "bullying" (it's an insult to use the word, as I and others here actually were bullied as children, and nothing said to you here even approaches that) -- it's an attempt to explain to you why you apparently still don't "get it". I'd like to think you might reflect and see that -- but I won't hold my breath.

Great response chisoxfan

Great response chisoxfan

I agree. Very well thought out. Very good points, hence I'm willing to make amends in buying the book.

Contact the seller and work something out to get removed from the Probation List. Focus on that and nothing else.