• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Awax, How did you do that??

+1

THE N00B GUIDE

:D

WHO'S ONLINE?:

Click on the Portal Page tab and scroll down part way you'll find a total count of who's on-line.

2rhbvya.png

---------------------------------------------------------

21nnwn8.png

You are able to hide yourself from that list. Under your preferences, there is a question - Hide from who's online? You can select yes to be hidden.

I would have kept that to myself. Now, everyone will hide. (shrug)

Oh sweet Jesus. I didn't add that capability. It has been there since I signed up in 2007 and most likely before. Anyone that wants to toggle kis able to and they read through their preferences as they should, then so be it. If folks do not like it, let's tell CGC to disable that feature.

My post other than sharing the obvious, was intended to show that the user list is not full-proof. Come on folks, hide public information. Aren't we being a little paranoid?

And not picking on Bob's or anyone's reference to my sharing. Besides I stil want to buy books from Bob as in the past, so don't hold it against me. :blush:

Something strange is happening.

I think buzz and swick are posting and then trying to quickly go over and look at their statuses in that creeper queue

2c

No, I was posting something and once I entered it I was told I did not have permission to post in this forum.

Given the circumstances surrounding Chip I would ask that this particular probation nomination be toned down and kept factual. We all like the memes that go along with a PL nomination, but I think this one requires a bit more tact than normal.

Thought this was worth posting again.

Jeff is one of the nicest people on the boards. Be good, people. :baiting:

Thanks Mike and no I didn't hump any notify buttons. I cannot ever think of a time when I did that.

Sorry to offend those who thought it not wise to share. I will refrain in the future. I am not a wave creator and try to stay to myself as much as possible on heated issues so my bad for venturing out of my box. :P

Why?

Because whatever your opinion of Chip is regarding the cause of his problems or whether you believe he was making them up, the fact is that you don't know for certain. If all of his problems are genuine (not excusing his failure to ship product) do you really want to be the one who is attacking him at this point? Add him to the probation list so others are warned, but let's not rejoice in someone else's misery (assuming for the sake of argument that it is real and not manufactured).

That's great. You believe one thing. Others have already stated that in the past they felt the same way and now they don't. Just because YOU feel one way, doesn't make it right.

For the record, I'm the one that got up from bed and called NC police to do a well-being check on him the last time. Now I think he's full of mess and looks for any way he can to prey on the sympathies of others. That's how he gets by. Buzzetta wrote a great post on this. Go read it. If any post is worth a :bump: it's Buzzetta's. Your post is simply a "I think what he says is real. Please be nice to him." (shrug)

That's great. You believe one thing. Others have already stated that in the past they felt the same way and now they don't. Just because YOU feel one way, doesn't make it right.

For the record, I'm the one that got up from bed and called NC police to do a well-being check on him the last time. Now I think he's full of mess and looks for any way he can to prey on the sympathies of others. That's how he gets by. Buzzetta wrote a great post on this. Go read it. If any post is worth a :bump: it's Buzzetta's. Your post is simply a "I think what he says is real. Please be nice to him." (shrug)

pat-on-the-back-for-a-job-well-done-royalty-free-clipart-image-Sx5vtO-clipart.jpg

There's a buddy

I have read it. And no, my post is IF what he says is real do you really think calling him names is appropriate. Post all the factual history of him misstating how much he needed to keep from eviction, or his history of problems on other boards. I just think given the potential issues involved here that a purely factual assessment is appropriate. You are obviously free to do as you like. Merely stating my opinion.

It's hilarious to me, really. I get accused of having mental issues by complete people on this board, and you'll never ever see me trying to rip someone off, here or anywhere. You will never ever find any evidence I've ever tried to take advantage of someone for any kind of gain.

CC called it. I've called it on others and been told, oh no, that's too much.

The jerk keeps in circles...

Metal issues, they accuse you having "Metal" issues, they just can't spell;)

At least I hope so...