• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Of course he does. My point about wishing mental illness hadn't been brought up is that I hate discussing the mental state of someone when we don't know. It just feels wrong somehow. I agree that if he has/had an issue, one would have to factor that into their thoughts on him and his behavior.

I hate discussing it too as it's a very gray and unsettling topic.

If Chip is not mentally well that will come out.

If I'm wrong that will come out too.

The point is not to be right or wrong, though. It's to do the best we can.

After all these pages, this post made my day. (thumbs u

I know it was asked earlier in the thread, and don't remember a reply, but does Chip still hold any of your inventory?

Good question. If he does Vintage should denote that on any books in future sales threads.

Folks should know that buying from Vintage might mean getting a book shipped(or not) by Chip.

2c

doh!

The only books Chip shipped for me were the ones he auctioned on eBay for me. The only 1 single exception was the one book that was returned and shipped to sacentaur. Other than that, Chip doesn't ship for me.

I actually resent that sort of talk as except for a few books that were shipped slowly by me over the last 13 years because real life gets in the way and the 1 incident with Chip nobody has ever had an issue with me.

As much as I've disagreed with you on this particular issue, I think the bolded item above is out of line/over the top.

I'm not so sure.

If people demand full disclosure about the pressing of a book, then surely they would want full disclosure about a dealer having ties/association with a proven fraudster? Who wouldn't want to know that before throwing big bucks at something? If a person is going to throw support behind someone like this Chip character, then they have to expect some flak, not act all affronted like their character is being questioned. You bathe in mud, you're gonna get dirty.

I think that's absurd . That's getting into witch hunt territory. I mean... what...because Chip's hands touched them they're now tainted books? Do they have cooties? That's kind of the implication with comparing it to pressing, since pressing is something that has been done to a book, then Chip having them in his possession is something "done to a book" as well.

If books for sale were still in Chip's possession, then MAYBE I could see that being something that should be disclosed since the buyer should be aware that someone with a history of not shipping books in a timely manner is the one responsible for shipping the books they're buying. But that's not the case. So it's a moot point

You've completely missed the point of what I was getting at. Re-read it again carefully, and if the penny doesn't drop, by all means come back to me, and I will explain it to you. (thumbs u

I didn't think it was such an awful thing to say, or that difficult to understand (shrug) But then again I'm not looking to be offended or be offended on behalf of others.

Just for my own clarification, does inclusion in the HOS mean the member is banned from the boards? Or does it just prevent the shamed member from buying and selling on the sales threads?

Actually none of the above. He can still be an active member, which may one day help him get removed from the HOS list.

It also doesn't prevent him from selling or buying if people want to transact with him. Just serves as a warning.

And if he changes board name ? We get update on that ?

Oftentimes, I update the list. I have Name Changes on a watch list. If someone on the list changes they're name, I'll update the list. ;)

Awesome!

Of course he does. My point about wishing mental illness hadn't been brought up is that I hate discussing the mental state of someone when we don't know. It just feels wrong somehow. I agree that if he has/had an issue, one would have to factor that into their thoughts on him and his behavior.

I hate discussing it too as it's a very gray and unsettling topic.

If Chip is not mentally well that will come out.

If I'm wrong that will come out too.

The point is not to be right or wrong, though. It's to do the best we can.

After all these pages, this post made my day. (thumbs u

I know it was asked earlier in the thread, and don't remember a reply, but does Chip still hold any of your inventory?

Good question. If he does Vintage should denote that on any books in future sales threads.

Folks should know that buying from Vintage might mean getting a book shipped(or not) by Chip.

2c

doh!

The only books Chip shipped for me were the ones he auctioned on eBay for me. The only 1 single exception was the one book that was returned and shipped to sacentaur. Other than that, Chip doesn't ship for me.

I actually resent that sort of talk as except for a few books that were shipped slowly by me over the last 13 years because real life gets in the way and the 1 incident with Chip nobody has ever had an issue with me.

As much as I've disagreed with you on this particular issue, I think the bolded item above is out of line/over the top.

I'm not so sure.

If people demand full disclosure about the pressing of a book, then surely they would want full disclosure about a dealer having ties/association with a proven fraudster? Who wouldn't want to know that before throwing big bucks at something? If a person is going to throw support behind someone like this Chip character, then they have to expect some flak, not act all affronted like their character is being questioned. You bathe in mud, you're gonna get dirty.

I think that's absurd . That's getting into witch hunt territory. I mean... what...because Chip's hands touched them they're now tainted books? Do they have cooties? That's kind of the implication with comparing it to pressing, since pressing is something that has been done to a book, then Chip having them in his possession is something "done to a book" as well.

If books for sale were still in Chip's possession, then MAYBE I could see that being something that should be disclosed since the buyer should be aware that someone with a history of not shipping books in a timely manner is the one responsible for shipping the books they're buying. But that's not the case. So it's a moot point

You've completely missed the point of what I was getting at. Re-read it again carefully, and if the penny doesn't drop, by all means come back to me, and I will explain it to you. (thumbs u

Both of your positions are unreasonable and I agree that it's starting to look like a witch hunt. Everyone is starting to get tunnel vision here.

I would never put my reputation at risk or do anything that might prevent an otder to be filled, and completed.

The one single problem I had with Chip was after Chip's personal issues began and it was 1 mis-shipped book by Chip out of probably 1000 that were shipped in a Timely manner. If anyone is following along, besides being a few days late the mis-shipment happened because of an honest mistake. He chose the wrong shipping address, which was finally corrected. Yes, it was a *spoon* up but it was literally 1 book out of nearly 1000.

2nd, I don't use Chip for selling books any longer. It was only an interim thing and my primary decision to use Chip (because I considered using Heritage, etc) was to help him last June.

Finally, anyone who has done business with me knows they can trust me. I have an impeccable reputation, and even some of my detractors in this thread have publicly stated they'd buy [raw books] from me sight unseen. I've done multiple 6 and 7 figure deals on a handshake with no issues.

I also think it needs to be pointed out that just because I believe someone may be struggling with Mental Health does not mean I am asking people to deal with them.

Can we relax a little with the speculation?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from you despite not always agreeing with you. I do understand the hesitation to buy a particular item if it was currently in his possession. I think that's what he meant and that would be reasonable given the circumstances. If he doesn't have any of your books then it's a moot point.

I would just like to state that my books from Chip arrived today. He pm'd me the tracking number and said that he was shipping them Priority mail, which he did. Although I will never do business with him again, and firmly believe that he belongs on the Probation List and in the Hall of Shame, I do want to give him credit for fulfilling his obligation and make sure that everyone reading this thread knows that he did so. I'd also like it to be known that my purchase from him was for 6 books for $25.00 shipped, and he spent $11.66 on shipping. That seems like a lot of work to net only $13.34, and I felt that I at least owe him the consideration of letting the board members know that he fulfilled his part of my transaction with him.

You can set whatever time you want for the poll.

I wish I could set up a poll where you could vote more than once

I can think of a few people who would love that lol

I can think of a few people who would love that lol

We could text our votes a la American Idol!!!

I'm down. :banana:

@ joeypost and comicdonna - Can I ask why it's relevant?

So I answered the question but I still haven't received an answer as to why it was relevant to the conversation?

1h7wxv.gif

So I answered the question but I still haven't received an answer as to why it was relevant to the conversation?

I asked because it would clear up in my mind if you were in Chips corner because he still had some of your inventory, or you were in Chips corner because you wanted to help Chip.

I asked because it would clear up in my mind if you were in Chips corner because he still had some of your inventory, or you were in Chips corner because you wanted to help Chip.

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant.

Whether my inventory was held by someone or not would make no difference on my stance but it's nice to know that some people think of me that way. :/

If it wasn't clear that I wanted to help Chip after all I've posted about our relationship in the past 6 months then I have no words left.

Mike, did you feel the same way?

Has there ever been a HOS nominee that has had more controversy or responses in the nomination process?

To be fair most of the opposing viewpoint (despite not necessarily being against the HOS inclusion) is from one member

Has there ever been a HOS nominee that has had more controversy or responses in the nomination process?

This is nothing, read the one about Comic Supply, there are 3 parts. There is no one funnier than FlamingTelepath when he's on a role (or is that roll?;)

Russ had a lot of supporters/friends. I guess there were changes, and there was Bella Donna.. The problems just kept piling up, we were getting threads about him for years.