• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I only skimmed through 350+ posts....is the vote over?

I think it ends Sunday

Thanks. Haven't had a HOS debate in a long while. Well, I dunno if this classifies as a actual debate or not, but a lot of discussion.

Of course he does. My point about wishing mental illness hadn't been brought up is that I hate discussing the mental state of someone when we don't know. It just feels wrong somehow. I agree that if he has/had an issue, one would have to factor that into their thoughts on him and his behavior.

I hate discussing it too as it's a very gray and unsettling topic.

If Chip is not mentally well that will come out.

If I'm wrong that will come out too.

The point is not to be right or wrong, though. It's to do the best we can.

After all these pages, this post made my day. (thumbs u

I know it was asked earlier in the thread, and don't remember a reply, but does Chip still hold any of your inventory?

Good question. If he does Vintage should denote that on any books in future sales threads.

Folks should know that buying from Vintage might mean getting a book shipped(or not) by Chip.

2c

doh!

The only books Chip shipped for me were the ones he auctioned on eBay for me. The only 1 single exception was the one book that was returned and shipped to sacentaur. Other than that, Chip doesn't ship for me.

I actually resent that sort of talk as except for a few books that were shipped slowly by me over the last 13 years because real life gets in the way and the 1 incident with Chip nobody has ever had an issue with me.

As much as I've disagreed with you on this particular issue, I think the bolded item above is out of line/over the top.

Of course he does. My point about wishing mental illness hadn't been brought up is that I hate discussing the mental state of someone when we don't know. It just feels wrong somehow. I agree that if he has/had an issue, one would have to factor that into their thoughts on him and his behavior.

I know it was asked earlier in the thread, and don't remember a reply, but does Chip still hold any of your inventory?

Good question. If he does Vintage should denote that on any books in future sales threads.

Folks should know that buying from Vintage might mean getting a book shipped(or not) by Chip.

2c

doh!

The only books Chip shipped for me were the ones he auctioned on eBay for me. The only 1 single exception was the one book that was returned and shipped to sacentaur. Other than that, Chip doesn't ship for me.

I actually resent that sort of talk as except for a few books that were shipped slowly by me over the last 13 years because real life gets in the way and the 1 incident with Chip nobody has ever had an issue with me.

As much as I've disagreed with you on this particular issue, I think the bolded item above is out of line/over the top.

I'm not so sure.

If people demand full disclosure about the pressing of a book, then surely they would want full disclosure about a dealer having ties/association with a proven fraudster? Who wouldn't want to know that before throwing big bucks at something? If a person is going to throw support behind someone like this Chip character, then they have to expect some flak, not act all affronted like their character is being questioned. You bathe in mud, you're gonna get dirty.

2c

doh!

I'm not so sure.

If people demand full disclosure about the pressing of a book, then surely they would want full disclosure about a dealer having ties/association with a proven fraudster? Who wouldn't want to know that before throwing big bucks at something? If a person is going to throw support behind someone like this Chip character, then they have to expect some flak, not act all affronted like their character is being questioned. You bathe in mud, you're gonna get dirty.

I guess I can understand where it's coming from. Maybe my own personal feelings are guiding my decision?

Although I disagree with him on this issue, my feelings on Roy is that he is a straight-shooter and a good guy (maybe to a fault in this case). I have absolutely no doubt that if something went awry in a transaction with him he would make it right.

Just for my own clarification, does inclusion in the HOS mean the member is banned from the boards? Or does it just prevent the shamed member from buying and selling on the sales threads?

Actually none of the above. He can still be an active member, which may one day help him get removed from the HOS list.

It also doesn't prevent him from selling or buying if people want to transact with him. Just serves as a warning.

How does it serve as a warning? Is their name marked with some form of scarlet letter? Or is it up to individual members to visit the Hall of Shame and know who the bad boardies are?

It's up to individual members to check things out. I don't think "we" are allowed to jump into a sales thread and comment that "Hey! Head's up...this guy is on the PL/HOS".

wtzp0g.jpg

ws1snr.jpg

2c

doh!

I'm not so sure.

I guess I can understand where it's coming from. Maybe my own personal feelings are guiding my decision?

Although I disagree with him on this issue, my feelings on Roy is that he is a straight-shooter and a good guy (maybe to a fault in this case). I have absolutely no doubt that if something went awry in a transaction with him he would make it right.

From what I have heard about him, I would agree with you. He seems like a good guy, but sometimes trying always to be the voice of reason,empathy and goodwill to all men, can seriously backfire on you...as has happened here.

Just for my own clarification, does inclusion in the HOS mean the member is banned from the boards? Or does it just prevent the shamed member from buying and selling on the sales threads?

Actually none of the above. He can still be an active member, which may one day help him get removed from the HOS list.

It also doesn't prevent him from selling or buying if people want to transact with him. Just serves as a warning.

And if he changes board name ? We get update on that ?

Oftentimes, I update the list. I have Name Changes on a watch list. If someone on the list changes they're name, I'll update the list. ;)

2c

doh!

I'm not so sure.

I think that's absurd . That's getting into witch hunt territory. I mean... what...because Chip's hands touched them they're now tainted books? Do they have cooties? That's kind of the implication with comparing it to pressing, since pressing is something that has been done to a book, then Chip having them in his possession is something "done to a book" as well.

If books for sale were still in Chip's possession, then MAYBE I could see that being something that should be disclosed since the buyer should be aware that someone with a history of not shipping books in a timely manner is the one responsible for shipping the books they're buying. But that's not the case. So it's a moot point

2c

doh!

I'm not so sure.

There was nothing personal intended by my comment. The original inquiry came from someone else and with different intent. Mine was simply stating that if Chip had some of his inventory that disclosure should be given if the books would be shipped by Chip if offered for sale here by Vintage. Based on the one issue raised here where Chip was acting as middle man on that deal with sacentaur didn't think that was out of line considering Vintage had not yet answered. He since has stated Chip does not have anything of value so great. Non issue then at this point.

As far as Vintage resenting the comment, that's just plain silly. I could say I resent the dozens of posts he made on this thread pertaining to Chip & mental health after supposedly mic dropping on the subject many posts ago, but I won't.

And if he changes board name ? We get update on that ?

Oftentimes, I update the list. I have Name Changes on a watch list. If someone on the list changes they're name, I'll update the list. ;)

(thumbs u

This whole discussion seems to be getting out of hand on many fronts. Do we really have 2 more days of this?

There will be roughly 10 more pages of repetitive discussion,like the previous 20 :D

Like Groundhog Day?

This whole discussion seems to be getting out of hand on many fronts. Do we really have 2 more days of this?

There will be roughly 10 more pages of repetitive discussion,like the previous 20 :D

Like Groundhog Day?

IG69j8r.gif

2c

doh!

I'm not so sure.

I think that's absurd . That's getting into witch hunt territory. I mean... what...because Chip's hands touched them they're now tainted books? Do they have cooties? That's kind of the implication with comparing it to pressing, since pressing is something that has been done to a book, then Chip having them in his possession is something "done to a book" as well.

If books for sale were still in Chip's possession, then MAYBE I could see that being something that should be disclosed since the buyer should be aware that someone with a history of not shipping books in a timely manner is the one responsible for shipping the books they're buying. But that's not the case. So it's a moot point

You've completely missed the point of what I was getting at. Re-read it again carefully, and if the penny doesn't drop, by all means come back to me, and I will explain it to you. (thumbs u