• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This thread has zinged and zagged pretty far at this point from the original reason for the nomination.

The seller chip did not meet the requirements that we are all expected to live up too that ensures the safety off our marketplace, our little safe zone in the Wild West that is the internet.

I would just like to state that my books from Chip arrived today. He pm'd me the tracking number and said that he was shipping them Priority mail, which he did. Although I will never do business with him again, and firmly believe that he belongs on the Probation List and in the Hall of Shame, I do want to give him credit for fulfilling his obligation and make sure that everyone reading this thread knows that he did so. I'd also like it to be known that my purchase from him was for 6 books for $25.00 shipped, and he spent $11.66 on shipping. That seems like a lot of work to net only $13.34, and I felt that I at least owe him the consideration of letting the board members know that he fulfilled his part of my transaction with him.

So, a post that actually has something factual to say about Chip and his dealings gets no response whilst the tit for tat one-upmanship posts rattle on.

This is why I stopped posting on the boards after a brief spell trying to get people interested in comic related discussion points (see “Re: How does having the last post in a thread make you feel?” for my less than subtle goodbye).

I joined the boards because I had a lot to say about comics, having been a collector with a variant focus for many years. After an initially encouraging start – I got some good responses to my Pence Summary and Font Variant threads – both posts fizzled out despite my attempts to prompt further debate. Bottom line, no one was really interested.

So I posted away in other threads, adding pictures and additional knowledge and was more or less ignored by the ‘regulars’ of those threads. My attempt to establish whether Marvel 1999 price variants exist re-ignited a fight between two board members, so I knocked that one on the head.

The boards feel like a private party sometimes and you’re not invited because, God forbid, you might know something that the ‘regulars’ don’t. And we couldn’t have that could we.

Because I’m a human being, with all the frailties that brings, I checked the boards for a while to see if anyone would notice I’d gone. They didn’t of course, but I did start to follow posts like this one about Chip while I looked. And I started to feel quite depressed. What a rotten thread this is.

I can’t for the life of me think why otherwise intelligent, busy people would want to spend so long on here arguing over and over again about the same points. The desire to land the ‘killer’ blow in a thread and be seen as the moral conscience is clearly so important to some members it’s nauseating. They must go to bed thinking about it, wake up thinking about it and spend their day thinking about it.

The best post in this whole rotten thread was “can we just DROP the mental health thing?” from Porcupine48 who, I’m guessing, would rather not have had to post it. And here I am coming out of self-enforced exile to add to the dross. Why am I bothering?!

But here’s one difference – I will not post on these boards again, regardless of what responses come. I know that most will be scathing and I’ll likely be accused of being flouncy and a prima donna. Someone will spot something in the post that allows them to post a funny cutting one liner response, and that will be followed by smiley-winking-clapping face emoticons.

Probably no one will say “You know, the guys got a point” and let it stand.

I’m off to live my life. However dull it is, I need to find something better to do than post here.

To the few good people on the boards who offered a little support, and avoid these rotten posts – like I should have – thank you.

I know it was asked earlier in the thread, and don't remember a reply, but does Chip still hold any of your inventory?

@ joeypost and comicdonna - Can I ask why it's relevant?

So I answered the question but I still haven't received an answer as to why it was relevant to the conversation?

I asked because it would clear up in my mind if you were in Chips corner because he still had some of your inventory, or you were in Chips corner because you wanted to help Chip.

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant.

Whether my inventory was held by someone or not would make no difference on my stance but it's nice to know that some people think of me that way. :/

If it wasn't clear that I wanted to help Chip after all I've posted about our relationship in the past 6 months then I have no words left.

Mike, did you feel the same way?

Yep. It seemed strange to me that you were in New Orleans, and spending 8 hours a day typing here.

I would just like to state that my books from Chip arrived today. He pm'd me the tracking number and said that he was shipping them Priority mail, which he did. Although I will never do business with him again, and firmly believe that he belongs on the Probation List and in the Hall of Shame, I do want to give him credit for fulfilling his obligation and make sure that everyone reading this thread knows that he did so. I'd also like it to be known that my purchase from him was for 6 books for $25.00 shipped, and he spent $11.66 on shipping. That seems like a lot of work to net only $13.34, and I felt that I at least owe him the consideration of letting the board members know that he fulfilled his part of my transaction with him.

So, a post that actually has something factual to say about Chip and his dealings gets no response whilst the tit for tat one-upmanship posts rattle on.

This is why I stopped posting on the boards after a brief spell trying to get people interested in comic related discussion points (see “Re: How does having the last post in a thread make you feel?” for my less than subtle goodbye).

I joined the boards because I had a lot to say about comics, having been a collector with a variant focus for many years. After an initially encouraging start – I got some good responses to my Pence Summary and Font Variant threads – both posts fizzled out despite my attempts to prompt further debate. Bottom line, no one was really interested.

So I posted away in other threads, adding pictures and additional knowledge and was more or less ignored by the ‘regulars’ of those threads. My attempt to establish whether Marvel 1999 price variants exist re-ignited a fight between two board members, so I knocked that one on the head.

The boards feel like a private party sometimes and you’re not invited because, God forbid, you might know something that the ‘regulars’ don’t. And we couldn’t have that could we.

Because I’m a human being, with all the frailties that brings, I checked the boards for a while to see if anyone would notice I’d gone. They didn’t of course, but I did start to follow posts like this one about Chip while I looked. And I started to feel quite depressed. What a rotten thread this is.

I can’t for the life of me think why otherwise intelligent, busy people would want to spend so long on here arguing over and over again about the same points. The desire to land the ‘killer’ blow in a thread and be seen as the moral conscience is clearly so important to some members it’s nauseating. They must go to bed thinking about it, wake up thinking about it and spend their day thinking about it.

The best post in this whole rotten thread was “can we just DROP the mental health thing?” from Porcupine48 who, I’m guessing, would rather not have had to post it. And here I am coming out of self-enforced exile to add to the dross. Why am I bothering?!

But here’s one difference – I will not post on these boards again, regardless of what responses come. I know that most will be scathing and I’ll likely be accused of being flouncy and a prima donna. Someone will spot something in the post that allows them to post a funny cutting one liner response, and that will be followed by smiley-winking-clapping face emoticons.

I’m off to live my life. However dull it is, I need to find something better to do than post here.

To the few good people on the boards who offered a little support, and avoid these rotten posts – like I should have – thank you.

You've been here for two months and left already? You've got to give it more time than that. People need to get to know you first before they can realize you're gone.

You've been here for two months and left already? You've got to give it more time than that. People need to get to know you first before they can realize you're gone.

He's posted nearly every day since he's been a member. I assume he means he took a break back when he was Lavaman, or whoever he was before creating this shill.

Pretty sad stuff. You have to have a thick skin for this place at times no doubt. Good luck in all you do. (thumbs u

I have to absorb some of the blame here, as it was I who started that "How does having the last post in a thread make you feel?" thread. :(

I have to absorb some of the blame here, as it was I who started that "How does having the last post in a thread make you feel?" thread. :(

So much for my screen shot of his prior last post in the 'having last post' thread being the best repost of a last post in the 'having last post' thread.

:(

Edited by bababooey

Wildly off topic posts about staying on topic :cloud9:

Not to derail this point here, but I'm wondering how you get that soap box all the way up there on top of that high horse?

Oh OK. I guess he assumed we knew that? Otherwise, what kind of ego must one have to post on a message board for a month and expect people to miss you after a week? lol

I think he's "existed"...just had a different name and avatar in the past. ;)

Nope, you and the other one who suggested it are both wrong. For the record, I'm based in England and this is the only board i.d. I've ever had. I have no idea why you would think otherwise, or who Lavaman is/was.

I see pretty much every online response has been derisive so far, so my instincts were right.

A Mark Jewellers insert to the first person who says "so much for last post".

Enjoy the Silence, unless you're a Doctor Who fan that is.