• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Wow didn't know this was such an issue with mschmidt, beacuse he sold the books very quickly after he PM me first with the opportunity to buy them before he listed them. --I agree I made a mistake by backing out of the sale but did not have the $60 to pay for the books. I let him know as soon as I knew about my money "issues".(emergency dentist for my wife).

How many of you offered comics havn't been sold?

My wife getting major dental work has made it so I can not afford these books. I understand you are upset and what ever you need to do I understand. I can bet you are not upset as I am about this whole situation. I much rather add to my Walking Dead collection then pay for dental stuff, but I had no choice in this matter. I have bought about 6 books from board members and always paid when I committed to a sell but these circumstances have made this sell impossible for me to pay. I would appreciate some understanding but if not then I understand. I tried to be honest and let you know as soon as possible about what was going on. I am sorry again and please let me know what the next steps are.

thanks for your time and help

DH

The Choker book was a lot less money then the $60 for the walking dead books so I don;t see how this is comparable. I also have dealt with other board members and they have had no issue with me. If I have to serve a penalty for this then I will but I feel that I made a newbie mistake and will not happen in the future.

I am really enjoying this board and like I said before I apologize to mschmidt.

thanks for your time

Wow didn't know this was such an issue with mschmidt, beacuse he sold the books very quickly after he PM me first with the opportunity to buy them before he listed them. --I agree I made a mistake by backing out of the sale but did not have the $60 to pay for the books. I let him know as soon as I knew about my money "issues".(emergency dentist for my wife).

How many of you offered comics havn't been sold?

My wife getting major dental work has made it so I can not afford these books. I understand you are upset and what ever you need to do I understand. I can bet you are not upset as I am about this whole situation. I much rather add to my Walking Dead collection then pay for dental stuff, but I had no choice in this matter. I have bought about 6 books from board members and always paid when I committed to a sell but these circumstances have made this sell impossible for me to pay. I would appreciate some understanding but if not then I understand. I tried to be honest and let you know as soon as possible about what was going on. I am sorry again and please let me know what the next steps are.

thanks for your time and help

DH

The Choker book was a lot less money then the $60 for the walking dead books so I don;t see how this is comparable. I also have dealt with other board members and they have had no issue with me. If I have to serve a penalty for this then I will but I feel that I made a newbie mistake and will not happen in the future.

I am really enjoying this board and like I said before I apologize to mschmidt.

thanks for your time

I'm glad you are coming here and acknowledging the issue. However, telling a seller that because his book was more than another purchase, he shouldn't mind you buying books here shortly after backing out of a sale. If money is so tight you need to back out of a deal, most sellers will cut you some slack. But when you have enough money for other purchases, just not his, that seems pretty sleezy. Either you were broke and needed time to regroup or you should follow through. If it was a $600 book, and then you made a penny-ante purchase it would make more sense. But if you can't afford a $60 purchase due to an emergency, you shouldn't be able to afford much else.

Understood-- As i said I am wrong but the seller has sold almost all the books(as far as I know) that where offered--How do I stay off probation? I felt horrible about this whole situation and when I saw the comics sold for more then I was going to pay I felt alot better about this. But now I see he is still upset. I apologize again--fell like mess about it

mschmidt: How many of the original books are unsold?

Edited by dhurley1125

I assumed that none of the books had sold, otherwise I wouldn't think he would be asking for you to be on the probation list.

EDIT: Actually I looked at his sales thread and all the books did sell right afterward, I am not exactly sure what the expected outcome here is other than the fact you already admitted you were wrong.

Edited by zuckuss2003

I checked his sale thread the next day and this was posted:

Due to yet another newbie board member flaking out on a multi-book PM purchase, these books are now available again.

Walking Dead #23 (Copy B) SOLD!

Walking Dead #29 (Copy A) SOLD!

Walking Dead #31 (Copy A) SOLD!

Walking Dead #32 (Copy A) SOLD!

Walking Dead #34 (Copy C) SOLD!

Walking Dead #35 (Copy A) SOLD!

Walking Dead #36 (Copy A) SOLD!

Walking Dead #44 (Copy A) SOLD!

All books are NM+, and $9/each.

walking-dead-23-copyb-t.jpg walking-dead-29-copya-t.jpg walking-dead-31-copya-t.jpg walking-dead-32-copya-t.jpg walking-dead-34-copyc-t.jpg walking-dead-35-copya-t.jpg walking-dead-36-copya-t.jpg walking-dead-44-copya-t.jpg

This is why I felt better because he sold them all at more money then I was going to pay..like I said I am sorry and would like to know how to make this better. I have done business with other board members and I have had no issues. I apologize to the board.. :sorry:

Also I have seen how fast walking dead sell and you should have no issue selling your copies. This is the reason why I didn't want to see if in a week I can afford these copies cause there is a big chance I will not and I wanted to be up front and not effect your ability to sell these.

Like I said I am not thrilled about this and have never had to do this but I had no control over the situation.

Sorry again doh!

Edited by dhurley1125

I assumed that none of the books had sold, otherwise I wouldn't think he would be asking for you to be on the probation list.

EDIT: Actually I looked at his sales thread and all the books did sell right afterward, I am not exactly sure what the expected outcome here is other than the fact you already admitted you were wrong.

Not all the books he committed to were sold.

And, yes, I was ok with letting this one slide & chalk it up to a newbie mistake. I changed my mind, though, when I saw him buying from a different sales thread here on the boards.

Sounds to me like this situation can probably best be handled between the two parties and leave the probation thread out of it. It seems a not so eqregious fail to me.

So ... flaking on a transaction is all fine & well as long as the seller finds a different buyer at some point?

Sounds to me like this situation can probably best be handled between the two parties and leave the probation thread out of it. It seems a not so eqregious fail to me.

So ... flaking on a transaction is all fine & well as long as the seller finds a different buyer at some point?

No, it is reasonable to put him on the list. The purpose of the Probation List is to out the person and repair the damage. How can dhurley get off the probation list?

Was there really a big difference in price between the Walking Deads he reneged on and whatever he bought a couple days later? If he backed out of a $60 deal and very soon went through with a $5 deal, that sounds non-malicious, more like a flaky gaffe that hopefully will not be repeated again.

No, it is reasonable to put him on the list. The purpose of the Probation List is to out the person and repair the damage. How can dhurley get off the probation list?

I got a PM from him - I replied and said that if he bought the un-sold books that he committed to previously, I'd cancel my request to get him added to the probation list.

I got a PM from him - I replied and said that if he bought the un-sold books that he committed to previously, I'd cancel my request to get him added to the probation list.
:wishluck:

So you were able to come up with an alternate solution. Its what civilized men do. Weigh the damages before you decide its a grievous injustice and lynch the dude is all Im saying. Too many hardasses on these boards.

So you were able to come up with an alternate solution. Its what civilized men do. Weigh the damages before you decide its a grievous injustice and lynch the dude is all Im saying. Too many hardasses on these boards.

What are you talking about? The only reason he took these steps is because I went forward & posted this in the probation list thread. I told him in a PM a week ago that I would put him on the list if he didn't pay - his reply was that he was sorry, but there was nothing he could do.

Do you honestly think if I hadn't posted here he would have done anything to make things right? Because let me tell you right now - there was zero indication he was going to do so in the PM's I received.

mschmidt

This should of been your last post on this topic. . i made a mistake, owned it and am willing to try to make up for it.

The reason I did not PM you is because you sold the issues the very next day. I have apologized to you and all the other board members. And will purchase the two remaining books to make up for what I have done.

Since you sold the other books for a lot more then I was going to pay for them do I get some type of finders fee?? :wishluck: J/k too soon for jokes?

Edited by dhurley1125