• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I realize that normally there's a 30-day waiting period for the probation list, but in this case he has made it perfectly clear that he has no intention of paying for the books no matter how long I wait - so I think he should be added immediately, so other people won't have to deal with this *spoon*.

Unfortunately, there is a 30-day expectation, so I would let him know within that time if he doesn't pay, the rules are he goes on the probation list and he cannot buy or sell on here.

Rules are rules.

:rulez:

When a buyer has made it perfectly clear he's not going to pay within 30 days, there is no reason to wait 30 days before adding him to the probation list. All that does is give him more time to stiff other people.

We've had this discussion before, and in the past, exceptions for exactly this situation have been made.

Did you inform the buyer if he doesn't pay for books he committed to what the board standards are?

I did.

I did.

That does it for me. I say add him immediately if he blew you off even after that warning.

:sumo:

Add him now before he pulls more carp. Cancelling a buy because he is broke and then buying something else is all we need to know.

Yes, but that's why this thread exists. He has 30 days to see the error of his ways.

I did.

That does it for me. I say add him immediately if he blew you off even after that warning.

Add him now before he pulls more carp. Cancelling a buy because he is broke and then buying something else is all we need to know.

Yes, but that's why this thread exists. He has 30 days to see the error of his ways.

Killjoy. :sumo::baiting:

I did.

Yes, but that's why this thread exists. He has 30 days to see the error of his ways to flake on a bunch more deals.

Fixed that for ya (thumbs u

I did.

Yes, but that's why this thread exists. He has 30 days to see the error of his ways to flake on a bunch more deals.

Fixed that for ya (thumbs u

You're such a richard . . . I'm not defending him. You know the rules.

I did.

You bring the tar, I'll bring the feathers :baiting:

I did.

You bring the tar, I'll bring the feathers :baiting:

:whee:

I did.

Newbie question from the back of the room. Doesn't he(dehurley) have the opportunity to state his case before sentencing? (shrug)

I did.

Newbie question from the back of the room. Doesn't he(dehurley) have the opportunity to state his case before sentencing? (shrug)

The seller stated that he has been informed of the concequences of not following through with the deal. I guess he has the remainder of the 30 days (about 3 weeks) to make right with the deal or post his case here. (Personally, I don't think he has much of a case to present).

Personally, I think this 30-day waiting-period on probation-ready buyers is stupid, and I thought that was only for sellers to deliver on after they've been paid.

Think about it, I post an expensive CGC book, Buyer A offers to buy, then backs out of the transaction - I PM him multiple times, and he says NO WAY, he's out.

So I need to hold onto this book for 30 freaking days, not selling to anyone else, just to get this deadbeat on the probation list? That's insane, and again, I thought the 30-day grace was for shipping and handling time, NOT for buyers to be able to waste a month of a seller's time.

After all, if the book does sell to someone else within that 30 day period, then the buyer cannot be put on any list, right?

Personally, I think this 30-day waiting-period on probation-ready buyers is stupid, and I thought that was only for sellers to deliver on after they've been paid.

Think about it, I post an expensive CGC book, Buyer A offers to buy, then backs out of the transaction - I PM him multiple times, and he says NO WAY, he's out.

So I need to hold onto this book for 30 freaking days, not selling to anyone else, just to get this deadbeat on the probation list? That's insane, and again, I thought the 30-day grace was for shipping and handling time, NOT for buyers to be able to waste a month of a seller's time.

I agree.

After all, if the book does sell to someone else within that 30 day period, then the buyer cannot be put on any list, right?

Makes very good sense

Makes very good sense

Yep - that's exactly why I wanted him added to the list now; he has made it crystal clear that it doesn't matter if I wait till hell freezes over, he's just not going to pay for the books.

Yep - that's exactly why I wanted him added to the list now; he has made it crystal clear that it doesn't matter if I wait till hell freezes over, he's just not going to pay for the books.

And if you sell to anyone else during that 30 day time period, or even *list* the books for sale, then he cannot be added to the Probation List.

I agree.

I concur.

I agree.

I concur.

Yep, it's stupid having to wait 29 days to put someone up on the list after they back out after a day. There are so many variables from a seller's side to put a buyer on the list I think the 30 day rule should only apply to sellers not delivering the goods in that time.

It seems to me that the burden is on the seller from what I read in the Guidelines? Almost half a page of rules for the seller; yet just one line for the buyer. Maybe the obligations of the buyer should be expanded. Just a newbie thought. (shrug)