• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Based on the 2 polls, most everyone is in agreement that transactions between board members that take place outside of the boards, should be allowed on a list. Also, Sagat should be on this list. It would seem, that the next step would be to decide if it should be a seperate list or added to the current ones.

Actually, adding to the existing list makes as much sense as a separate one. I have updated the Probation List, added a notation about "Off-Board" and added SAGAT.

If there are issues with this please take them up here and not on the formal Probation List thread! I thank you.

Was this transaction done before they were board members? Didn't he give twisty back some of the money to make up for it being restored?

I don't know if it was before they were boardies. And yes, he did give a partial refund two years later. Why do you ask?

Based on the 2 polls, most everyone is in agreement that transactions between board members that take place outside of the boards, should be allowed on a list. Also, Sagat should be on this list. It would seem, that the next step would be to decide if it should be a seperate list or added to the current ones.

Actually, adding to the existing list makes as much sense as a separate one. I have updated the Probation List, added a notation about "Off-Board" and added SAGAT.

If there are issues with this please take them up here and not on the formal Probation List thread! I thank you.

Was this transaction done before they were board members? Didn't he give twisty back some of the money to make up for it being restored?

I don't know if it was before they were boardies. And yes, he did give a partial refund two years later. Why do you ask?

If it was done before they were on the boards, why would he be added to the list? He still gave a partial refund. I'm not defending his actions and I think he was wrong, but he gave him a refund. Why punish him further for something that he did make right. The only way to get off the list is either completing the transaction or make it right. Didn't he do that?

If it was done before they were on the boards, why would he be added to the list? He still gave a partial refund. I'm not defending his actions and I think he was wrong, but he gave him a refund. Why punish him further for something that he did make right. The only way to get off the list is either completing the transaction or make it right. Didn't he do that?

He did but it was made under the pretense that he didn't know that it was restored. At that point it didn't go any further. Then it was discovered that he did know and lied to everyone on the boards about it.

As far as I'm concerned, he should be in the HOS. He knowingly and willfully ripped off Twisty, lied about it, and gave a bit of a refund two years later after much pestering. I don't care if he paid him back double, it was an intentional scam and there's no reason at all to believe he wouldn't happily do it again and again.

As far as I'm concerned, he should be in the HOS. He knowingly and willfully ripped off Twisty, lied about it, and gave a bit of a refund two years later after much pestering. I don't care if he paid him back double, it was an intentional scam and there's no reason at all to believe he wouldn't happily do it again and again.

:applause:

I was a away for a few days so I did not get a chance to add my 2c to the on going debate regarding whether SAGAT should be placed on the probation list or not, but my initial reaction after I read the comments was that the probation list should be limited to transactions that take place on the boards. The rationale is that we need some bounds of reason to keep the list manageable.

However, upon second thought, I think adding him to the probation list with a notation that the transaction occurred off the boards is a workable solution.

Now, I don't know either party, but I would suggest that if a second transaction with another board member comes to light, perhaps HOS would be appropriate.

As it stands now, the addition to the probation list and the level of discussion here should be enough to give people fair warning if they wish to deal with this seller.

The only way to get off the list is either completing the transaction or make it right. Didn't he do that?

No...he didn't.

Still several hundred dollars short of a refund on the original purchase price.

Not factored in, the cost of the attorneys that drafted the letters, the time-cost of money, and the clear and convincing evidence of knowledge of the resto before selling it as unrestored.

So, short answer to "did he make it right?" Not even close.

The only way to get off the list is either completing the transaction or make it right. Didn't he do that?

No...he didn't.

Still several hundred dollars short of a refund on the original purchase price.

Not factored in, the cost of the attorneys that drafted the letters, the time-cost of money, and the clear and convincing evidence of knowledge of the resto before selling it as UNrestored.

So, short answer to "did he make it right?" Not even close.

fixed

I votes yes.

"Off-Board transactions between Board Members"

This. Though I think a new section for off-board transactions is a little overkill. Leave the probie/HOS the way it is.

I concur

Already done. After looking at the PL List with a New Off-Board heading it looked too busy. So I just included Off-Board in the main list.

There are no semantics. The Probaiton List explicitly targets transactions completed in the Forum Only Selling Area. Where are the semantics there?

(tsk)

You know reading and comprehending are disallowed here. People are allowed to make up whatever they feel like to suit their own agendas, regardless of actual facts.

(thumbs u

There are no semantics. The Probaiton List explicitly targets transactions completed in the Forum Only Selling Area. Where are the semantics there?

(tsk)

You know reading and comprehending are disallowed here. People are allowed to make up whatever they feel like to suit their own agendas, regardless of actual facts.

(thumbs u

I think it's 'agendae'...

(tsk)

(thumbs u

I think it's 'agendae'...

Or "agendi"?

Regardless, the Probation List has been expanded to include off-board transactions between forum members.

Is he a board member? The off-board transactions have to take place between board members.

Whups missed that point. Nope not a member, luckily I did not spoil my reputation by introducing him to the communuity.

(tsk)

(thumbs u

Cripes!! Responding to a 5 day old post?

You aren't that crazy guy on my train who's always reading last year's newspapers are you?

(tsk)

(thumbs u

You aren't that crazy guy on my train who's always reading last year's newspapers are you?

He sets next to some guy named Gary, looking at tomorrow's paper. Some bar owner.

Just thought I'd share that joker-fish promised and promised to pay me and...yep...not a dime received after multiple e-mails. I was going to give him a phone call, but all I'll get are more promises to pay. The guy should write an excuse book, but he'd just give the publisher excuses about why the book isn't finished.

(tsk)

(thumbs u

You, more than most, know how depressingly accurate my comment is. Enough to make some folks no longer bother.

You guys are gonna pop the top on RMA's hot bottle of Diet Sams Club Cola and drop in a Mentos :)

Fizzzzzzzz...