• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Normally, i would agree with tortoise and others that since this wasnt a board transaction, it shouldnt be probation list worthy.

BUT

This was an insanely bad transaction. Unless SAGAT had been in the hobby for less than 30 seconds, there is NO possible way he didnt know that book was restored! I'm about a 1 on a scale of 10 detecting resto and even i saw that immediately. My 8 year old daughter would have done a better job re-drawing Thor and Iron Mans head and the lettering!

No possible way that SAGAT didnt know this was restored and 100% intend to screw twisty in my mind. I'd vote for probation list on this one definitely (thumbs u

Add to it that Andy "October" told him to his face, directly, without equivocation, doubt or failure of certainty that the book was absolutely, positively, restored to which he responded that he would "sell it on ebay anyway" which is how Twisty bought it...then you've got something worse than the seller being simply stupid.

I recommend putting him on the HOS list. October's statements clearly state that he was aware of the restoration and intended to dump it on someone. I also expect that most board members would prefer not to have to track a boardie down in a gym 2 years later to recoup part of his money. Not to mention, dealing with the responsibility of selling the book, paying a lawyer to send letters and all of the other grief that accompanies a situation like this. Plus, he's still out $400. This takes the fun right out of collecting. I can't imagine anyone who is aware of this wanting to ever deal with this guy. I have put a lot of thought into this before commenting. The probation list just isn't enough for a situation like this.

Normally, i would agree with tortoise and others that since this wasnt a board transaction, it shouldnt be probation list worthy.

I don't think "that since this wasnt a board transaction, it shouldnt be probation list worthy."

I think it absolutely is probation worthy. I just don't understand how we can list Sagat, and not list other well known scam artists.

I wonder where SAGAT is at? You know he must be reading this.....

That Avengers #1 does look real bad, I am sorry for you Twisty!

I believe he was on last night. He informed me that he was no longer going to PM me (a very sad event) in a msg he sent me 2 days ago, and asked if I would delete several of my posts.

This was all before I knew of Octobers account of the events and he was still playing the innocent victim with me.

He also said that he was only going to respond if absolutely necessary in order to defend himself.

Where's the Probatoin List?

It's a list the government keeps of people who need to be supplied ointment to aid in their recovery from being taken aboard an alien spacecraft and, ahem, "Studied". (thumbs u

I wonder where SAGAT is at? You know he must be reading this.....

That Avengers #1 does look real bad, I am sorry for you Twisty!

I believe he was on last night. He informed me that he was no longer going to PM me (a very sad event) in a msg he sent me 2 days ago, and asked if I would delete several of my posts.

This was all before I knew of Octobers account of the events and he was still playing the innocent victim with me.

He also said that he was only going to respond if absolutely necessary in order to defend himself.

Is he waiting for the congressional subpoena or for his visage to be burned in effigy in the town square?

Where's the Probatoin List?

It's a list the government keeps of people who need to be supplied ointment to aid in their recovery from being taken aboard an alien spacecraft and, ahem, "Studied". (thumbs u

lol

There's been questions/concerns that this was outside of the boards, I want to remind you that we have ComicsSupplyon the HOS that dealt mainly with folks off the boards. Albeit, he did have multiple stints in the Probation list prior to it, it does make the argument that deals make outside the boards by fellow board members ARE indeed able to be included on the Proby list.

ComicSupply is on the list for failure to complete board transactions.

I took one look at it and said, TO HIS FACE, that the book was obviously restored.

he lied to my face

The guy outright admitted to my FACE

Add to it that Andy "October" told him to his face,

I am under the impression that it was a face to face transaction

That's the responsible thing to do in the face of clear and obvious dishonesty.

Lot's of good face time here.

Did he actually purchase it on ebay. I am under the impression that it was a face to face transaction all around. If it was on ebay why didn't he use the proper channels through ebay to get his money back.

BUT

This was an insanely bad transaction. Unless SAGAT had been in the hobby for less than 30 seconds, there is NO possible way he didnt know that book was restored! I'm about a 1 on a scale of 10 detecting resto and even i saw that immediately. My 8 year old daughter would have done a better job re-drawing Thor and Iron Mans head and the lettering!

No possible way that SAGAT didnt know this was restored and 100% intend to screw twisty in my mind. I'd vote for probation list on this one definitely (thumbs u

Add to it that Andy "October" told him to his face, directly, without equivocation, doubt or failure of certainty that the book was absolutely, positively, restored to which he responded that he would "sell it on ebay anyway" which is how Twisty bought it...then you've got something worse than the seller being simply stupid.

I can see the probation list, definitely.

1.These are 2 board members, I don't really care if the transaction on the boards or in a PM, or at the local bar.

It's obvious from October's statement that this was not an accident.

But I think Hall of Shame is not appropriate yet. Give him the chance to do the right thing and return the other $400.

If he doesn't, he stays on the list, forever.

I am sure that I can recall other board members purchasing off the boards that wanted to go through board probation. It is a tool for these boards and it should remain a useful tool here to track bad transactions. What Sagat did is despicable and should be broadcast through out the boards but isn't probie worthy.

Did he actually purchase it on ebay. I am under the impression that it was a face to face transaction all around. If it was on ebay why didn't he use the proper channels through ebay to get his money back.

BUT

I did purchase it from SAGAT on ebay however as it was a local pick up he asked me to do it off of ebay, or rather cancel the transaction so he could save the fees.

I had not been collection for a few years at this point and had never seen a restored book, even though it was quite bad.

I specifically asked him if it was restored while he was sitting there and he said," I don't think it is" and" it looks good to me." This I remember vividly, as it was the "I don't think it is" part that made me decide to meet him half way on the refund as he made it seem like he really did not know.

Edited by Twistty1

I recommend putting him on the HOS list. October's statements clearly state that he was aware of the restoration and intended to dump it on someone. I also expect that most board members would prefer not to have to track a boardie down in a gym 2 years later to recoup part of his money. Not to mention, dealing with the responsibility of selling the book, paying a lawyer to send letters and all of the other grief that accompanies a situation like this. Plus, he's still out $400. This takes the fun right out of collecting. I can't imagine anyone who is aware of this wanting to ever deal with this guy. I have put a lot of thought into this before commenting. The probation list just isn't enough for a situation like this.

Agreed, for what it is worth.

I understand that the HOS is for repeat offenders,but the time it took for Twistty to get his partial refund along with knowingly selling a restored book as unrestored is cause for me to think that the act was deliberate and if Twistty did'nt confront him at all he would not have gotten any money back.As far as getting any more money from him,your probably SOL,but he'll never sell anything here again.Thats your payback Twistty,he's finished here. :applause: