• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The seller, kenm, has not delivered bought books, but always has some reason why not to send? I paid for some books on Sept 27, I followed up on Nov 11th. he said was sorry he missed me and would ship out. A week later I inquired about DC#. On Nov. 18th he said that he could not send me the books because he had been sick and had no money to mail them and would set up another sales thread to make money to pay for shipping (what happened to the money I paid for the shipping?). On Nov. 27th he said he will try to get out on the next Monday to ship. I emailed him yesterday and still have not heard from him.

As I said in the CG thread, not having the money to send the books isn't an excuse as the money for the shipping has already been sent to the seller. If the seller doesn't make this right immediately then it sounds like he should be on the probie list.

The seller, kenm, has not delivered bought books, but always has some reason why not to send? I paid for some books on Sept 27, I followed up on Nov 11th. he said was sorry he missed me and would ship out. A week later I inquired about DC#. On Nov. 18th he said that he could not send me the books because he had been sick and had no money to mail them and would set up another sales thread to make money to pay for shipping (what happened to the money I paid for the shipping?). On Nov. 27th he said he will try to get out on the next Monday to ship. I emailed him yesterday and still have not heard from him.

Kemn has books listed for sale on the boards

He posted today. hm

I have checked with the Post Office. The only thing they could tell me was. That it could have been held for inspection by Customs.

As of right now. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me.

You have a very unusual approach. To sentence structure.

I think you are. Ending your sentences before they are. Finished.

I have checked with the Post Office. The only thing they could tell me was. That it could have been held for inspection by Customs.

My money is on smart phone typing. Hit the space bar twice too fast and it adds a period and caps the first next letter. :gossip:

My money is on smart phone typing. Hit the space bar twice too fast and it adds a period and caps the first next letter. :gossip:

You know. What? That sounds. Like a very plausible. Explanation.

My IPad2 does that too.

Never avoid taking a shot, huh...? Oh, it's just a harmless joke....

Never avoid taking a shot, huh...? Oh, it's just a harmless joke....

And your. Point is?

From the "PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions" area:

This is total nonsense now. Not one person has been added after what? 100 pages of discussion? doh!

And can anyone even begin to understand what "as per" means in the above post? :roflmao:

Note to POV: explanations are supposed to "explain" things.

Divad, it took you NINE DAYS to come up with that? Or just nine beers?

as per = "in accordance with"

Is "apology issued in accordance with accuser". too difficult for you to understand?

Is the no discussions in "PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions" too difficult for you to understand?

Good gravy! :o

Where's Watson at to get this Fight Club fight up and going for realz and ring in the season with his brand of verbal sheeetlackery?

POV VS. DIV...

Beyond FromUnderDome :banana:

Good gawd you must be starved for excitement! lol

Hello guys and gals. First, the books were sent on Monday and didnt get a message off that i sent them. I have to say I did not communicate as well as I should have with Jeff. It's no excuse but I have been really sick on and off since the end of August. I was not able to get on the computer sometimes for 4 and 5 days. I started other selling threads because I needed the money since I missed a lot of work. I should have conveyed this better. In our PM's I apologized for the delays. He did have to ask what's going on a number of times, like I said I did have trouble getting back to him sometimes. At one point he PM'd about some books that he thought he had not paid for, it was about 20 or some cheap books. I told him not to worry about it and gave them for free as I was taking so long trying to make it up to him. As far as trying make money on shipping I honestly have no idea what you are talking about Jeff. Really I don't. Please send me a pm where I asked you that. I never make money off shipping. I usually undercharge shipping.

With that being said I prefer dealing with issues via pm or email before calling me out. Also, the insults in my sales thread are uncalled for. If want to insult me send me a pm or find out what's going on first. I had no idea Jeff posted here and I'm sorry Jeff you feel this way. I did the best I could in the situation I have been dealing with. Seriously it's not a cop out and I'm not trying to play a victim, my communication sucked and I'll try to do better... That's all I can do. If anyone want to talk to me personally, including Jeff... PM me for my phone number and I'll be happy to talk.

Ken

Edited by kenm

This is total nonsense now. Not one person has been added after what? 100 pages of discussion? doh!

And can anyone even begin to understand what "as per" means in the above post? :roflmao:

Is "apology issued in accordance with accuser". too difficult for you to understand?

Is the no discussions in "PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions" too difficult for you to understand?

Is there a synonym for "No Discussion" because it's still happening. lol

lol:acclaim::banana:zzz

Is there a synonym for "No Discussion" because it's still happening. lol

So it is. It is best to ignore it there. If you are compelled, copy the quoted text and bring it over to here the way I did.

Regardless, the last post in the PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions thread should always be the list itself.

Hello guys and gals. First, the books were sent on Monday and didnt get a message off that i sent them. I have to say I did not communicate as well as I should have with Jeff. It's no excuse but I have been really sick on and off since the end of August. I was not able to get on the computer sometimes for 4 and 5 days. I started other selling threads because I needed the money since I missed a lot of work. I should have conveyed this better. In our PM's I apologized for the delays. He did have to ask what's going on a number of times, like I said I did have trouble getting back to him sometimes. At one point he PM'd about some books that he thought he had not paid for, it was about 20 or some cheap books. I told him not to worry about it and gave them for free as I was taking so long trying to make it up to him. As far as trying make money on shipping I honestly have no idea what you are talking about Jeff. Really I don't. Please send me a pm where I asked you that. I never make money off shipping. I usually undercharge shipping.

With that being said I prefer dealing with issues via pm or email before calling me out. Also, the insults in my sales thread are uncalled for. If want to insult me send me a pm or find out what's going on first. I had no idea Jeff posted here and I'm sorry Jeff you feel this way. I did the best I could in the situation I have been dealing with. Seriously it's not a cop out and I'm not trying to play a victim, my communication sucked and I'll try to do better... That's all I can do. If anyone want to talk to me personally, including Jeff... PM me for my phone number and I'll be happy to talk.

Ken

Hi Ken, very sorry you've been sick. Hope that is behind you.

I would imagine the profit on shipping he refers to is a result of being paid $$

for shipping but not shipping the books.

As far as keeping the discussion to PM or email it sounds like he has gone that

route for some time and hasn't got any results thus he escalated it to a public

outing. Perfectly logical.

I can see how getting sick and missing work became an issue but your post

essentially blames the victim for outing you rather than you playing the victim.

Honestly, how would you feel if you purchased books and the seller failed to

ship your books and ignored your PMs and continued to run more sales threads?

And just to add something to the discussion other than bull sheeet...

I have dealt with Ken on two seperate occasions. Both were for big piles of books. They both got here and were as described. I think he's good people who just got a little behind.

Give him a day or two to throw a delivery confirmation number up here for boostergold (who is also a super nice guy as well).

Ken

I thought I'd give some input on this since I've had experience with you, Ken, with all due respect, of coarse. I've had one sales interaction with you. Yes, it took awhile, but you came through in the end. You had just gotten sick at around that time, I believe. Even through the minor issues of communication and organization, I appreciated having the books sent to me in the end.

But I think that having sale threads up while sold books are pending processing may not look right to others, regardless of what PMs you've exchanged with your buyers. It's important to keep communication between you and the boardies you sell to. It seems like you're stepping up to this by admitting it as a fault and that's commendable if you hold to it.

On a sort of similar note, I remember when someone purchased from me, but it took them forever to pay me. It was irritating, though, seeing them buy and sell the whole time I was waiting for payment. That's a deadbeat to me. Not the same situation, but it does relate to the external representation of what people see outside of PMs. My suggestion would be to wait until you clear your sales (offering tracking #s, getting feedback, etc.) knowing that people may have been waiting awhile for their purchases before posting another thread. That's just my 2c

I have no side to take on this, but just wanted to offer some neutral input. Hope this comes to an amicable solution. (thumbs u

Edited by FIREFLY