• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Of course, Trey's wrong.

I guess I can feel kinda sorry for Trey and his explanation makes sense but I have trouble believing he didn't know it was wrong to sell PGX books here.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Sure Trey was wrong and he did know what he was doing. He never denied not knowing the rules. That's why he was given a strike (or a banning).

Just because someone else does it doesn't make it acceptable. I can also understand that slamming Trey and ignoring others who sell PGX books is

unfair but Trey is the only one who has admitted it and we can only suspect

others based on cropped scans

Others are called out when it's noticed. Bio-Rupp was tarred and feathered not long ago for acting like he was selling PGX books. He should have received a strike for it as well.

I agree that what he was doing was entrapment and creating a disruption on the boards.

There are probably some sellers who have slipped under the radar.

Trey mentions that he bought at least 2 PGX books from board members through here. If he bought those books from board members did those sellers get chastised?

Here's a quarter.

I'm not saying it's not a problem for him, but he needs to stop making it a problem for everyone else. Sorry I get offensive when people can't man up and take responsibility for stupid mess they do. I find it hard to conjure up sympathy.

I think he did man up in his first email:

Dear Roy,

I have been banned from the CGC boards by the Moderaters. First off I want to thank you for supporting me . I was wrong in selling the PGX book because it violated the rules of CGC. The only reason I thought it was ok was because I had seen and had bought PGX slabbed books from other members on the boards. They too cropped the image. I just assumed this was acceptable practice as none of the other people who had done it had been outed and chastised. My second point I would like to make is the only reason I contacted Joey in the first place was to see if he was happy with the book and if he was happy to leave appropriate feedback. I do this with every one I sell to. Once he said he had a problem with it being a PGX book I offered him a refund which was on the right thing to do. I only asked that it be returned in the PGX holder. When he said he cracked the book out and was keeping it I assumed the transaction was successfully completed. That should have been the end of the story. But Joey deciede to out me for selling a PGX book. Thats why I posted the PMS because I did all I could do to try and resolve the issue I offered a refund he declined said he was going to keep the book. I would like to point out that some people on those boards will never give me a fair shake based on that very first sales thread 3 years ago which I openly explained and appologized for. That being said I'm kinda glad I am now banned from that site because I personally feel that certain individuals were out to get me no matter what I do or how many successful sales I would have or had. If you like you can tell the boards I appologize for selling the PGX book since it broke CGC rules but I will not appologize to Joey because I considered the transaction satisfactory completed when he aggreed to keep the book. They can leave me on the PL or HOS list all they want because since I am banned the point is now moot. Furthermore, I do have a mental disability I am Bipolar and skitso-affective not that that matters. In conclusion I would like to thank you personally for always being level headed understanding and cortual to me and thanks again for selling me the Cap #3 that book will be with me for a long long time.

Sincerly

Trey Cannon

To be fair, I left out some context. The stuff I posted about the abuse, his ex military credentials, etc were in reply to me asking for more details to see if he was lying about that stuff and not in defence of his initial behaviour.

This is what I replied with after he emailed me initially with the apology:

Trey, I appreciate the email.

Don't take this the wrong way but the best way to deal with a situation is always to be apologetic and courteous and you getting defensive and aggressive in your sales thread and in the forum posts is always the wrong thing to do.

I don't know if what you are telling me is true (your disabilities) but I did stick my neck out for you pretty far. Are you ex military? Were you discharged?"

He had replied in greater detail but I don't think having the entire email posted here is necessarily necessary.

First off, I never asked for an apology. I want him to apologise to the boards.

Second, keeping a book does not mean the transaction was successful. I have books in my posession I use as a reminder never to buy from certain people again. If I thought the transaction was successful from the start I would have left him positive feedback on the boards.

Third, no one is out to get him. Trey walked a dangerous line with not being truthful. He got called out, nothing more.

Of course, Trey's wrong.

I guess I can feel kinda sorry for Trey and his explanation makes sense but I have trouble believing he didn't know it was wrong to sell PGX books here.

Sure Trey was wrong and he did know what he was doing. He never denied not knowing the rules. That's why he was given a strike (or a banning).

Just because someone else does it doesn't make it acceptable. I can also understand that slamming Trey and ignoring others who sell PGX books is

Others are called out when it's noticed. Bio-Rupp was tarred and feathered not long ago for acting like he was selling PGX books. He should have received a strike for it as well.

I agree that what he was doing was entrapment and creating a disruption on the boards.

Trey mentions that he bought at least 2 PGX books from board members through here. If he bought those books from board members did those sellers get chastised?

I see no mention of banning. Only "Moderation violations - 1 week.

".

First off, I never asked for an apology. I want him to apologise to the boards.

As far as I'm concerned, his email is an apology to the boards.

I didn't solicit it or contact him regarding it. He just happened to send it to me for whatever reason.

Second, keeping a book does not mean the transaction was successful. I have books in my posession I use as a reminder never to buy from certain people again. If I thought the transaction was successful from the start I would have left him positive feedback on the boards.

Of course it doesn't necessarily mean that the transaction was successful but that all depends on how the situation unfolds, how either side perceives what is happening to the other party during the transaction and the order of events as they unfold. This instance just happens to be one big mess for several reasons.

Third, no one is out to get him. Trey walked a dangerous line with not being truthful. He got called out, nothing more.

In a nut shell, that's pretty much what I told him.

I see no mention of banning. Only "Moderation violations - 1 week.".

Like I mentioned earlier today, that is just what Trey conveyed to me. He could be wrong and back here in a week. I don't know why he believes that he's done here.

If he bought those books from board members did those sellers get chastised?

Did he out them? Trey should do everyone a solid and let us know who else is selling PGX slabs on the boards.

At this point I think we should step backwards and look at this with a little perspective: Does anyone really want to start looking into past history and perform a witch hunt for previous offences?

I'm pretty sure if anyone has done it in the past, they won't be doing it moving forward unless it's a noob who doesn't know better or chooses to ignore the rules.

Of course, Trey's wrong.

Although there have been PGX sales, there have been very few in the time that Trey has been here, that did not get called out. So what are the odds that he "bought more than 2"?

I mean, really Roy, does this make any sense to you?

Besides, so what if he did? Unless he's completely unconscious, he KNEW that it was not allowed, so why would his buying these books excuse him?

Next Tues., try sending him a PM, if it does not go through, chances are he's telling the truth this time and he was banned. If it goes through, I think we need to take another look at having a list for people who are not exactly user friendly.

Did he out them? Trey should do everyone a solid and let us know who else is selling PGX slabs on the boards.

Yes, because telling the truth is what he's all about.

Although there have been PGX sales, there have been very few in the time that Trey has been here, that did not get called out. So what are the odds that he "bought more than 2"?

Besides, so what if he did? Unless he's completely unconscious, he KNEW that it was not allowed, so why would his buying these books excuse him?

Next Tues., try sending him a PM, if it does not go through, chances are he's telling the truth this time and he was banned. If it goes through, I think we need to take another look at having a list for people who are not exactly user friendly.

Whether it makes sense to me or not is really irrelevant in relation to the discussion at hand.

GAtor and alanna were named earlier in the thread by other board members. Does anyone think GAtor and alanna should be investigated? I personally don't. Trey is the poster boy and nobody ain't gonna forget it.

lol

The guy broke a mod rule and the mods have punished him. The fact that this is still being discussed in such great, fine detail is now making it look like McCarthyism at best.

As far as I'm concerned the situation is resolved to the best of it's ability under the current rules and if he can post in a week he can do so himself.

If you guys want to create some sort of mechanism to deal with future PGX sellers that's probably the best course of action if you think it's worth the effort.

I personally don't but that's just my 2c

Whether it makes sense to me or not is really irrelevant in relation to the discussion at hand.

GAtor and alanna were named earlier in the thread by other board members. Does anyone think GAtor and alanna should be investigated? I personally don't. Trey is the poster boy and nobody ain't gonna forget it.

lol

The guy broke a mod rule and the mods have punished him. The fact that this is still being discussed in such great, fine detail is now making it look like McCarthyism at best.

As far as I'm concerned the situation is resolved to the best of it's ability under the current rules and if he can post in a week he can do so himself.

If you guys want to create some sort of mechanism to deal with future PGX sellers that's probably the best course of action if you think it's worth the effort.

Now you are just tossing words around. It has nothing to do with McCarthyism. There is no doubt that he did something against the rules and the accusation is not unfair.

The reason it was brought up again, is because you have been posting messages from him.

I can't quite get whether you are defending him to the death (which you seemed to be doing) or you are backing off and letting the "chips" fall.

The inconsistency is confusing...

Perhaps the mods will take another step and just ban him...if not, I know I won't be buying from his threads.

lol

Yes, that's exactly what it is.

He isn't banned.

Furthermore, if a banned member's user id is still in the system, you can send them all the PMs you want... they just won't get answered.

Finally, as far him telling everyone via e-mail that he has been banned, all I can say is, "From his lips to God's ears."

Now you are just tossing words around. It has nothing to do with McCarthyism. There is no doubt that he did something against the rules and the accusation is not unfair.

The reason it was brought up again, is because you have been posting messages from him.

I can't quite get whether you are defending him to the death (which you seemed to be doing) or you are backing off and letting the "chips" fall.

The inconsistency is confusing...

Perhaps the mods will take another step and just ban him...if not, I know I won't be buying from his threads.

I'm not defending him and I don't see the inconsistency that you are talking about. The discussion progressed over the course of several days, I've already stated that he's broken rules, he's been punished and that the current PL and HOS rules don't clearly have a mechanism on how to deal with this.

Because there was some disagreement on how to actually handle the situation, and how the boards want to deal with this in the future is now up for discussion.

I've already let the chips fall as of this past weekend.

I simply posted the letter because I said I would as soon as I heard back from Trey and got his permission to do so.

I figured Trey's apology was worth posting, especially since Trey was under the assumption that he won't be allowed to return.

At this point I think we should step backwards and look at this with a little perspective: Does anyone really want to start looking into past history and perform a witch hunt for previous offences?

It wouldn't be much of a witch hunt. Trey has two names of boardies may prefer not to deal with.

Edited by Mr.Diggler