• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Turns out that he is indeed banned (or so he tells me) after receiving 3 strikes.

That seems surprising... His three strikes have been spread out over a couple of years, and I thought it was three strikes in less than 12 months that made someone a candidate for a ban.

I can see how the Mods would think a strike is appropriate, but I don't think there's any justification for a ban.

He's just listed as having a strike. He's been in enough threads that I'm fairly sure the Mods would post it IF he really were banned.

Writing now, claiming he's been banned, COULD just possibly be more theatrics (not that anyone here,ever does that stuff;) :whistle:

Why don't we wait till the full week is over, before speculating? :shrug:

Turns out that he is indeed banned (or so he tells me) after receiving 3 strikes.

That seems surprising... His three strikes have been spread out over a couple of years, and I thought it was three strikes in less than 12 months that made someone a candidate for a ban.

I can see how the Mods would think a strike is appropriate, but I don't think there's any justification for a ban.

I'm just going by what he wrote to me via email. He could be wrong about the ban/strikes just like he was wrong about how to sell books on here.

He also told me the following in another email after I questioned him:

Yes I was Honorably discharged from the Military the Air Force to be exact I was a LT and was stationed in England at Lakenheath . I was dignosed as Bipolar and skitso-affective in 2007 I take medication for the disorder.

He went on to tell me that he "suffered unspeakable abuse" while growing up with the bipolar and schitzo going undiagnosed and he learned some poor defensive behaviours.

And to be clear, I'm not looking to restart any drama, I just wanted to show people that (I had sensed) he did indeed have some sort of a weakness.

Anyway, that's it from my end folks.

:)

I'm just going by what he wrote to me via email. He could be wrong about the ban/strikes just like he was wrong about how to sell books on here.

He also told me the following in another email after I questioned him:

Yes I was Honorably discharged from the Military the Air Force to be exact I was a LT and was stationed in England at Lakenheath . I was dignosed as Bipolar and skitso-affective in 2007 I take medication for the disorder.

He went on to tell me that he "suffered unspeakable abuse" while growing up with the bipolar and schitzo going undiagnosed and he learned some poor defensive behaviours.

And to be clear, I'm not looking to restart any drama, I just wanted to show people that (I had sensed) he did indeed have some sort of a weakness.

Anyway, that's it from my end folks.

:)

It's always easier to blame someone else.

When you mess up, just say "I messed up and it won't happen again." Don't blame it on mess that happened when you were a kid. Everyone had a up childhood. Some worse than others. If it was so bad that it prevents you from having simple funny book transactions, then you might want to stop having funny book transactions and spare everyone else from the anguish you suffered years ago.

I'm not saying it's not a problem for him, but he needs to stop making it a problem for everyone else. Sorry I get offensive when people can't man up and take responsibility for stupid mess they do. I find it hard to conjure up sympathy.

I'm not saying it's not a problem for him, but he needs to stop making it a problem for everyone else. Sorry I get offensive when people can't man up and take responsibility for stupid mess they do. I find it hard to conjure up sympathy.

I think he did man up in his first email:

Dear Roy,

I have been banned from the CGC boards by the Moderaters. First off I want to thank you for supporting me . I was wrong in selling the PGX book because it violated the rules of CGC. The only reason I thought it was ok was because I had seen and had bought PGX slabbed books from other members on the boards. They too cropped the image. I just assumed this was acceptable practice as none of the other people who had done it had been outed and chastised. My second point I would like to make is the only reason I contacted Joey in the first place was to see if he was happy with the book and if he was happy to leave appropriate feedback. I do this with every one I sell to. Once he said he had a problem with it being a PGX book I offered him a refund which was on the right thing to do. I only asked that it be returned in the PGX holder. When he said he cracked the book out and was keeping it I assumed the transaction was successfully completed. That should have been the end of the story. But Joey deciede to out me for selling a PGX book. Thats why I posted the PMS because I did all I could do to try and resolve the issue I offered a refund he declined said he was going to keep the book. I would like to point out that some people on those boards will never give me a fair shake based on that very first sales thread 3 years ago which I openly explained and appologized for. That being said I'm kinda glad I am now banned from that site because I personally feel that certain individuals were out to get me no matter what I do or how many successful sales I would have or had. If you like you can tell the boards I appologize for selling the PGX book since it broke CGC rules but I will not appologize to Joey because I considered the transaction satisfactory completed when he aggreed to keep the book. They can leave me on the PL or HOS list all they want because since I am banned the point is now moot. Furthermore, I do have a mental disability I am Bipolar and skitso-affective not that that matters. In conclusion I would like to thank you personally for always being level headed understanding and cortual to me and thanks again for selling me the Cap #3 that book will be with me for a long long time.

Sincerly

Trey Cannon

To be fair, I left out some context. The stuff I posted about the abuse, his ex military credentials, etc were in reply to me asking for more details to see if he was lying about that stuff and not in defence of his initial behaviour.

This is what I replied with after he emailed me initially with the apology:

Trey, I appreciate the email.

Don't take this the wrong way but the best way to deal with a situation is always to be apologetic and courteous and you getting defensive and aggressive in your sales thread and in the forum posts is always the wrong thing to do.

I don't know if what you are telling me is true (your disabilities) but I did stick my neck out for you pretty far. Are you ex military? Were you discharged?"

He had replied in greater detail but I don't think having the entire email posted here is necessarily necessary.

Dear Roy,

I have been banned from the CGC boards by the Moderaters. First off I want to thank you for supporting me . I was wrong in selling the PGX book because it violated the rules of CGC. The only reason I thought it was ok was because I had seen and had bought PGX slabbed books from other members on the boards. They too cropped the image. I just assumed this was acceptable practice as none of the other people who had done it had been outed and chastised. My second point I would like to make is the only reason I contacted Joey in the first place was to see if he was happy with the book and if he was happy to leave appropriate feedback. I do this with every one I sell to. Once he said he had a problem with it being a PGX book I offered him a refund which was on the right thing to do. I only asked that it be returned in the PGX holder. When he said he cracked the book out and was keeping it I assumed the transaction was successfully completed. That should have been the end of the story. But Joey deciede to out me for selling a PGX book. Thats why I posted the PMS because I did all I could do to try and resolve the issue I offered a refund he declined said he was going to keep the book. I would like to point out that some people on those boards will never give me a fair shake based on that very first sales thread 3 years ago which I openly explained and appologized for. That being said I'm kinda glad I am now banned from that site because I personally feel that certain individuals were out to get me no matter what I do or how many successful sales I would have or had. If you like you can tell the boards I appologize for selling the PGX book since it broke CGC rules but I will not appologize to Joey because I considered the transaction satisfactory completed when he aggreed to keep the book. They can leave me on the PL or HOS list all they want because since I am banned the point is now moot. Furthermore, I do have a mental disability I am Bipolar and skitso-affective not that that matters. In conclusion I would like to thank you personally for always being level headed understanding and cortual to me and thanks again for selling me the Cap #3 that book will be with me for a long long time.

Sincerly

Trey Cannon

To be fair, I left out some context. The stuff I posted about the abuse, his ex military credentials, etc were in reply to me asking for more details to see if he was lying about that stuff and not in defence of his initial behaviour.

Don't take this the wrong way but the best way to deal with a situation is always to be apologetic and courteous and you getting defensive and aggressive in your sales thread and in the forum posts is always the wrong thing to do.

I don't know if what you are telling me is true (your disabilities) but I did stick my neck out for you pretty far. Are you ex military? Were you discharged?"

He had replied in greater detail but I don't think having the entire email posted here is necessarily necessary.

None of it is necessary. Just man up and move on.

Dear Roy,

Sincerly

Trey Cannon

Wow...talk about getting your panties in a wad...

Dear Roy,

Sincerly

Trey Cannon

Wow...talk about getting your panties in a wad...

Trust me, sonny. You've not seen my panties in a wad.

Trust me, sonny. You've not seen my panties in a wad.

I think they have hormones for that too.

Bovine if I'm not mistaken.

I guess I can feel kinda sorry for Trey and his explanation makes sense but I

have trouble believing he didn't know it was wrong to sell PGX books here.

Just because someone else does it doesn't make it acceptable. I can also

understand that slamming Trey and ignoring others who sell PGX books is

unfair but Trey is the only one who has admitted it and we can only suspect

others based on cropped scans

Just man up and move on.

I'm taking hormones for that.

Do you have a hairy back? :popcorn:

Yes, it's a Movemberhawk.

It starts on my forehead and works it's way back right down to my tailbone.

Supposedly, Trey Cannon is ex-military. At least that is what he tells artists at shows. What branch of the military was he in, and did he get Section 8 because of his "specialness?"

Interesting angle.

I'd like to know that too.

(thumbs u

I went and pulled up his Sig Room thread. He states that he was in the Air Force from 1997-2005.

I'm waiting to hear back from him. He's been reading the threads and I asked if I could post his email to me on here as it might explain a few things. Or not.

Isn't it amazing what a mess a little dumbassery can create?

I actually find it comical in a way. You couldn't -script this stuff for Hollywood.

One lie started a bigger mess.

Which is exactly the breakdown of the first fiasco. The dude clearly loves comic books, but i wouldn't trust him with a transaction involving a Snickers bar.

How about a fun size?

Come on Chris, that's pretty offensive. Sean may be short, but "fun size"?

lol That is an awesome euphemism for short. "Fun-sized." I am going to use that.

Confucius say "He who take fun-sized fellow to amusement park often rides alone."

Of course, Trey's wrong.

There has been AT LEAST one other situation where someone tried to sell PGX books and they were called on it. And of course, had not Trey completely flipped out and started threatening everyone with lawsuits, this NEVER would have been a big deal, and he wouldn't have gotten a strike.

But, hey, blaming everyone else for my problems is cool, brah.

I guess I can feel kinda sorry for Trey and his explanation makes sense but I have trouble believing he didn't know it was wrong to sell PGX books here.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Just because someone else does it doesn't make it acceptable. I can also understand that slamming Trey and ignoring others who sell PGX books is

Others are called out when it's noticed. Bio-Rupp was tarred and feathered not long ago for acting like he was selling PGX books. He should have received a strike for it as well.

Of course, Trey's wrong.

I guess I can feel kinda sorry for Trey and his explanation makes sense but I have trouble believing he didn't know it was wrong to sell PGX books here.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Sure Trey was wrong and he did know what he was doing. He never denied not knowing the rules. That's why he was given a strike (or a banning).

Just because someone else does it doesn't make it acceptable. I can also understand that slamming Trey and ignoring others who sell PGX books is

Others are called out when it's noticed. Bio-Rupp was tarred and feathered not long ago for acting like he was selling PGX books. He should have received a strike for it as well.

I agree that what he was doing was entrapment and creating a disruption on the boards.

There are probably some sellers who have slipped under the radar.

Trey mentions that he bought at least 2 PGX books from board members through here. If he bought those books from board members did those sellers get chastised?