• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

OMG, Booster, you're a total toxic, hostile customer. How DARE you demand what you paid for?????

meh

Could you please, please, pretty please .. change your location?...Even if you are in a 1/4 glass full mode, it's just not funny, there are people who have lost dear friends and family from that disease.

I was going to send a PM, but I saw you were asked before and ignored it.

:gossip: He's referring to at least 2 different posters, in one of those other threads, that called him a toxic customer over and over and over again. And another poster that called him a cancer on the boards. He's not making light of any disease.

OMG, Booster, you're a total toxic, hostile customer. How DARE you demand what you paid for?????

meh

Could you please, please, pretty please .. change your location?...Even if you are in a 1/4 glass full mode, it's just not funny, there are people who have lost dear friends and family from that disease.

:gossip: He's referring to at least 2 different posters, in one of those other threads, that called him a toxic customer over and over and over again. And another poster that called him a cancer on the boards. He's not making light of any disease.

Well, if I didn't know that, and at least 3 or 4 other people that I know didn't know that (and I did not take a poll, these are people who brought it up so I'm sure there are more) then his "location" is just upsetting the wrong people.

Sometimes you have to pick your spots. i'm not sure he's accomplishing whatever it was he intended.

Personally, I find that location is really poor taste...and it's upsetting. Just because someone else is a doofus, doesn't mean you need to join them.

meh

Well, if I didn't know that, and at least 3 or 4 other people that I know didn't know that (and I did not take a poll, these are people who brought it up so I'm sure there are more) then his "location" is just upsetting the wrong people.

Sometimes you have to pick your spots. i'm not sure he's accomplishing whatever it was he intended.

Personally, I find that location is really poor taste...and it's upsetting. Just because someone else is a doofus, doesn't mean you need to join them.

That's true. I've lost several friends to cancer. I found someone calling him that distasteful and hurtful.

At first I thought you were talking about his post calling someone toxic, then I saw the location reference.

meh

You know the sharonator is mad when she doesn't post in purple. Beware.

meh

You know the sharonator is mad when she doesn't post in purple. Beware.

She'll be back... :eek:

I posted in green...

Not mad, but I'm surprised that someone who keeps calling people "mean" would post something like that.

Of course calling someone that is unnecessarily hurtful and those people were not correct, but the location is not correct either.

This is a chatboard, not a battlefield... :tonofbricks:

Not sure this all belongs here, but I didn't want to start a thread and saw him post here before.

I've been avoiding his threads since someone asked him to remove it and he didn't.

Avoiding RMA's threads (or where he posts) is kind of hard if you want to read the boards...so I gritted my teeth when i saw his post and said something...

You'll know when I'm angry, lol.

This color is as close to a Pink Ribbon color, that I can get (and keep it readable;) .

meh

You folks are making another mountain out of a molehill. It's not meant to be "funny."

As Comix4fun said, it has nothing to do with any disease.

And you'll catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar. I notice no one bothered to discuss it with me privately, to find out what I meant, before trying to publicly shame me into changing it.

Oh, and Sharon...I'm sorry you feel it is offensive...truly. It is not my intent to offend you, of all people. But you didn't talk to me privately about it before making it a public issue, and THAT is also not correct.

Had you approached me privately...regardless of the point I am making, and whether or not I agree with you (and I don't)...I would have removed it without further question, because I have...had...respect for you, and have no desire to unnecessarily offend you.

But you didn't have enough respect for me to approach me privately.

And the excuse..."someone already asked, and you ignored it"...is not a valid one. If you had an issue with me, you should have approached me privately and given me the chance to rectify the situation before trying to shame me publicly.

Oh, and Sharon...I'm sorry you feel it is offensive...truly. It is not my intent to offend you, of all people. But you didn't talk to me privately about it before making it a public issue, and THAT is also not correct.

Had you approached me privately...regardless of the point I am making, and whether or not I agree with you (and I don't)...I would have removed it without further question, because I have respect for you, and have no desire to unnecessarily offend you.

And the excuse..."someone already asked, and you ignored it"...is not a valid one. If you had an issue with me, you should have approached me privately and given me the chance to rectify the situation before trying to shame me publicly.

I did ask privately to no avail.

Had you approached me privately...regardless of the point I am making, and whether or not I agree with you (and I don't)...I would have removed it without further question, because I have respect for you, and have no desire to unnecessarily offend you.

I did ask privately to no avail.

No, you did not.

You said "I think you should change your location."

You neither asked A. what it meant, or B. if I would.

You said "I think you should." You stated your opinion at me.

I posted in green...

Not mad, but I'm surprised that someone who keeps calling people "mean" would post something like that.

That's because you didn't bother to ask me what I meant first. And I'm not sure how two words, that referenced no one, is "mean."

And it's "mean-spirited", not "mean."

There's a difference.

And "keeps"...? I called two people mean-spirited. That's "keeps calling people"...?

:eyeroll:

I had no idea that anyone called you "a Cancer on the boards". I just saw someone else ask you to change it, someone who supported you, and you ignored them. I had no idea you would listen to "me" privately when you ignored the other person, who did say "please"

If Mike called you that, he should be ashamed of himself, there are a zillion other words that can be used when someone wants to indicate displeasure....and honestly, all this displeasure between co-posters, should really just be toned down a bit.

Thank you for changing it, much appreciated.

I had no idea that anyone called you "a Cancer on the boards". I just saw someone else ask you to change it, someone who supported you, and you ignored them. I had no idea you would listen to "me" privately when you ignored the other person, who did say "please"

No, you just assumed I was being purposely offensive without bothering to give me the benefit of the doubt.

I guess I wasn't clear enough: had ANYONE approached me and discussed the issue privately, BEFORE making a big deal about it publicly, and we discussed it, and they still had a problem with it, I would have changed it..

We make a biggggg deal here about working things out PRIVATELY before making a public issue of things, but no one could be bothered to extend ME that courtesy.

It's shameful in and of itself. I found that just as offensive as I'm sure YOU found the location.

I'll say the same thing to YOU that I did to Whizzer:

I didn't INTEND to offend anyone.

I'm sure you didn't INTEND to offend me.

I'm sorry you found it offensive...

Your turn.....

If Mike called you that, he should be ashamed of himself, there are a zillion other words that can be used when someone wants to indicate displeasure....and honestly, all this displeasure between co-posters, should really just be toned down a bit.

You could go a longggggggggggg way to doing something about that by stepping in when people pile on, make judgements without bothering to know all the facts, and make debates personal.

Will you?

Nomination for Dimebag_D to the PL.

I posted a :takeit: on some books in a thread that he had back in July (7/11). Forgot about the books, but he finally invoiced for them at the end of October (10/25). :o

I paid the next morning (10/26) with paypal. He told me the books would ship on the next day (10/27).

I followed up on 11/16 when I had yet to see them. He responded the next day that he was printing the labels and that they would go out the next day (11/17).

Two PM's since then have went unanswered, including one two days ago about taking it to the PL thread. doh!

PP dispute opened.

Seems like a nice enough person, but a quick search shows that this is multiple instances. (shrug)

You should think more and speak less. :eyeroll:

So should you. :eyeroll:

Hey RMA I've never posted at/to you before....

SHAMED into acquiescence.

Not true.

You named your location to make a point about being called a cancer on these boards..

You've made your point and have moved on.

That's not acquiescence.

There is no need to hold your head in shame.

Nomination for Dimebag_D to the PL.

I posted a :takeit: on some books in a thread that he had back in July (7/11). Forgot about the books, but he finally invoiced for them at the end of October (10/25). :o

I paid the next morning (10/26) with paypal. He told me the books would ship on the next day (10/27).

I followed up on 11/16 when I had yet to see them. He responded the next day that he was printing the labels and that they would go out the next day (11/17).

Two PM's since then have went unanswered, including one two days ago about taking it to the PL thread. doh!

PP dispute opened.

Seems like a nice enough person, but a quick search shows that this is multiple instances. (shrug)

I have a similar issue with him. Bought a bunch of stuff 6 weeks ago, never arrived. He has not been answering PMs...