• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Although there have been PGX sales, there have been very few in the time that Trey has been here, that did not get called out. So what are the odds that he "bought more than 2"?

I mean, really Roy, does this make any sense to you?

Besides, so what if he did? Unless he's completely unconscious, he KNEW that it was not allowed, so why would his buying these books excuse him?

Next Tues., try sending him a PM, if it does not go through, chances are he's telling the truth this time and he was banned. If it goes through, I think we need to take another look at having a list for people who are not exactly user friendly.

Whether it makes sense to me or not is really irrelevant in relation to the discussion at hand.

GAtor and alanna were named earlier in the thread by other board members. Does anyone think GAtor and alanna should be investigated? I personally don't. Trey is the poster boy and nobody ain't gonna forget it.

I can't speak for the time prior to my arrival here, but I've been on these boards longer than Trey and I can't remember a single instance of someone trying to sell a PGX book on the boards which didn't end in either:

a) the thread getting yanked by the mods

b) the seller being pounded upon to remove the PGX book

This whole "all the big dealers are selling PGX books out in the open with no repercussions, so why can't I?"-excuse is total & utter b/s.

If he bought those books from board members did those sellers get chastised?

Did he out them? Trey should do everyone a solid and let us know who else is selling PGX slabs on the boards.

Yes, because telling the truth is what he's all about.

I personally don't think he had the intention to deceive anyone except the mods but I suppose that's going to be up to personal interpretation.

Yes, that's exactly what it is.

It's possible that at some point the hunt and the adherence to rules becomes a negative sum game and trying to make an example of someone is more effort than it's worth. I think that point was reached a long time ago, personally.

At this point in time (removing all the banter and fireworks that people used for entertainment over the past 4 or 5 days) the offender has been clearly and decisively punished by the mods and there are no clear rules on how board members should handle this situation in the future should they care to handle it themselves outside of the mod's strikes.

Strip away all the BS and this is really what we have left IMO, like it or hate it.

If he bought those books from board members did those sellers get chastised?

Did he out them? Trey should do everyone a solid and let us know who else is selling PGX slabs on the boards.

At this point I think we should step backwards and look at this with a little perspective: Does anyone really want to start looking into past history and perform a witch hunt for previous offences?

It wouldn't be much of a witch hunt. Trey has two names of boardies may prefer not to deal with.

Then you'll have to ask Trey who they are.

This whole "all the big dealers are selling PGX books out in the open with no repercussions, so why can't I?"-excuse is total & utter b/s.

Just so I don't start getting cross examined, I simply went by what others have said in this thread (like the mention of GAtor and alanna by I don't know who).

Whether Trey is telling the truth or not, only he knows.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

Given the track record, I can take a stab at the answer if you need me to.

(thumbs u

Will it cost me a quarter?

(thumbs u

No, but you've got to know when to hold 'em,

know when to fold 'em,

know when to walk away,

know when to run.

(thumbs u

know when to fold 'em,

know when to walk away,

know when to run.

Dice has invoked the "Gambler Invective" and has thus ended the argument. Congratulations.....to us all.

(thumbs u

know when to fold 'em,

know when to walk away,

know when to run.

Dice has invoked the "Gambler Invective" and has thus ended the argument. Congratulations.....to us all.

:lol:

I'm not sure why Roy is putting so much effort in defending Trey. (shrug)

hm Trey doesn't happen to own a pair of leather pants and a curly wig?

I guess I can feel kinda sorry for Trey and his explanation makes sense but I have trouble believing he didn't know it was wrong to sell PGX books here.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

Just because someone else does it doesn't make it acceptable. I can also understand that slamming Trey and ignoring others who sell PGX books is

unfair but Trey is the only one who has admitted it and we can only suspect

others based on cropped scans

Others are called out when it's noticed. Bio-Rupp was tarred and feathered not long ago for acting like he was selling PGX books. He should have received a strike for it as well.

"Tarred and feathered"? Really? Was that how you remember it? Oooook then... it appears that "strike" you got must a zinged the ole Watson noggin' there.

That said Watson... try not to get anymore strikes until after December because Clooneython 11 is gonna start on Thurs Dec 15th. Remember you are still entitled to your 10% off Torch-Bearer discount until the end of 2011 :whee:

I guess I can feel kinda sorry for Trey and his explanation makes sense but I have trouble believing he didn't know it was wrong to sell PGX books here.

Just because someone else does it doesn't make it acceptable. I can also understand that slamming Trey and ignoring others who sell PGX books is

Others are called out when it's noticed. Bio-Rupp was tarred and feathered not long ago for acting like he was selling PGX books. He should have received a strike for it as well.

"Tarred and feathered"? Really? Was that how you remember it? Oooook then... it appears that "strike" you got must a zinged the ole Watson noggin' there.

That said Watson... try not to get anymore strikes until after December because Clooneython 11 is gonna start on Thurs Dec 15th. Remember you are still entitled to your 10% off Torch-Bearer discount until the end of 2011 :whee:

Kiss my . You're on the same list as Trey Canon.

There's more lists goin' on around here than at Mr. Blackwell's house.

I agree that what he was doing was entrapment and creating a disruption on the boards.

Roy I think "entrapment" might be too strong of a word. Lets call it "enlightenment" shall we. ;)

Really sir... that fiddle literally played itself.

Speaking of "enlightenment"... I smell the torches lighting up right about now :eek:

No sir...I think thats your name on that list ;)

Don't get mad Watson... its Thanksgiving man.

This post made me giggle.gif

Having everyone either A. love Watson, or B. fear Watson makes for a terribly unbalanced board. It's nice to see him get some of his own medicine.

:)

Having everyone either A. love Watson, or B. fear Watson makes for a terribly unbalanced board. It's nice to see him get some of his own medicine.

I fear that...that I may love him :foryou:

I fear that...that I may love him :foryou:

Who doesn't? :luhv: