• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Why don't you also post the one that preceded it in my thread?????

Never posted anything in your thread but a question Dale. Go back and check your thread buddy. Just saying, if you wanna talk about threadkrappin... :)

I think it is a worthy topic, but I think it sets bad precedent to post it in such a manner in sellers thread. It just hits the whole slippery slope argument to me and I think has the potential to turn the marketplace into a rather combatitive place. I would think instead to discuss those concerns in the discussion threads set aside for such :shrug:

You have a good point about keeping a good vibe in the marketplace. Unfortunately, most prospective buyers checking out sales threads are unlikely to find the discussion from another thread.

So what was the point of your comment?

To make prospective buyers aware that not all the relevant history about the comics being offered by this seller was being made available. In the past, this has included not just grade changes, but purposefully 'lost' pedigree designations. That kind of selling lacks integrity.

Now that this is out there what pedigrees were scrubbed? Pressing doesn't bother me, but the loss of a pedigree to hide work done does.

I found it for you Dale. :grin:

The only thing I posted in your thread.

Can't really call this "threadkrapping" sir. hm

I need clarification Dale... your sell price is based on "after pressing" value. Am I reading that right?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4864428&fpart=4

I think it is a worthy topic, but I think it sets bad precedent to post it in such a manner in sellers thread. It just hits the whole slippery slope argument to me and I think has the potential to turn the marketplace into a rather combatitive place. I would think instead to discuss those concerns in the discussion threads set aside for such :shrug:

You have a good point about keeping a good vibe in the marketplace. Unfortunately, most prospective buyers checking out sales threads are unlikely to find the discussion from another thread.

To make prospective buyers aware that not all the relevant history about the comics being offered by this seller was being made available. In the past, this has included not just grade changes, but purposefully 'lost' pedigree designations. That kind of selling lacks integrity.

Relevant history? Relevant to who?

there are polite ways to ask for the information you are referring to. In fact, asking in thread if the books are pressed or sending a PM would be examples of such. Then there are attention seeking, shaming, or lashing out ways to gather the same information. The comments made by Namisgr certainly had that feel to me :P

I posted information, I wasn't seeking it. The issue is integrity in our marketplace. I've sent private messages to the seller in the past requesting that he consider being more upfront with information he has about his offerings, such as if they came from pedigree collections but are no longer noted as such on the label.

What you did was wrong. You had no business doing what you did..

Prospective buyers

there are polite ways to ask for the information you are referring to. In fact, asking in thread if the books are pressed or sending a PM would be examples of such. Then there are attention seeking, shaming, or lashing out ways to gather the same information. The comments made by Namisgr certainly had that feel to me :P

I posted information, I wasn't seeking it. The issue is integrity in our marketplace. I've sent private messages to the seller in the past requesting that he consider being more upfront with information he has about his offerings, such as if they came from pedigree collections but are no longer noted as such on the label.

What you did was wrong. You had no business doing what you did..

Selling in the marketplace after erasing pedigree provenance and failing to disclose all known CGC grading information about one's offerings is wrong.

I understand that some view a sales thread to be an inappropriate place to call this out, but there is certainly no singular opinion on the boards about the most appropriate place to do so.

Prospective buyers

Are you a prospective buyer?

It does seem like there is some uptightness in the air doesn't it? :)

Yeah, you can't talk people down off of it, you can't distract them off of it, it's hard to escape.

Without taking any sides about the Namisgr's post I have a question for the Boards...

'If' you were the buyer = actually bought the book in the ballpark of the 4K asking price, and later found out the book was a 9.0 would you be upset ?

Without taking any sides about the Namisgr's post I have a question for the Boards...

'If' you were the buyer = actually bought the book in the ballpark of the 4K asking price, and later found out the book was a 9.0 would you be upset ?

I missed the sales thread. Is the book in a slab now? or was it cracked out and being sold raw?

Not in anyway. If I purchased a CGC 9.4 comic and got a CGC 9.4 comic I'm a happy camper. One of the reasons I switched to only selling CGC graded comics on eBay. I am selling a CGC 9.8. It is what it is. If there are any concerns or someone wants a story then they have the freedom to ask.

Namisgr was not a potential buyer and is not the be all end all of what is relevant to the prospective buyer.

I missed the sales thread. Is the book in a slab now? or was it cracked out and being sold raw?

Slabbed

Prospective buyers

Are you a prospective buyer?

Yes, and I've bought from the seller in question in the past. If you're looking for some ulterior motive, you're going to come up empty.