• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

One more thing, which I forgot to mention: Paypal considers any dispute opened against you to be a "ding" against your account, and it goes on your "permanent record", regardless of the validity, or lack thereof, of the claim.

It may have no impact. It may have a lot of impact. Only Paypal knows. But their opinion (and eBay's stated opinion) is that nobody opens a dispute without some sort of legitimate reasoning (which goes hand in hand with their ludicrous, naive philosophy that says "we believe people are basically good, and any dispute is just due to miscommunication of some sort." :eyeroll: )

It most absolutely DOES affect their "opinion" of you, and colors their perception of you as a client.

So when someone opens frivolous disputes against you, there are real, potentially damaging, consequences. And there's really nothing you can do to undo it.

Something to consider for anyone who may be on the fence (though it looks like no one is.)

Interesting. I think that'll make me amend my terms on any future sales threads: PayPal is ok if I know you or you can provide references I personally know.

I fixed it. I didn't realize I had accidentally deleted one of the pesky list formatting commands. Let me tell you, don't mess with list.

^^

I'm going to delete my post, POV. Please DON'T delete yours.

:wishluck:

I fixed it. I didn't realize I had accidentally deleted one of the pesky list formatting commands. Let me tell you, don't mess with list.

^^

That was fun! I did annotate with ebay ID in case some boardies had ebay dealings with similar outcomes. Maybe they can contact Paypal about those as well and help expunge any negative comments Paypal nay have on their own accounts.

Future Me "remember that time the guy tried to scam sellers here, and when he got caught he changed all of his posts to a picture of dog scrotum?"

I only give it a 2 out of 10. It is much more fun when they just absolutely lose their mess and post their manifestos filled with expletives and threats.

Future Me "remember that time the guy tried to scam sellers here, and when he got caught he changed all of his posts to a picture of dog scrotum?"

I only give it a 2 out of 10. It is much more fun when they just absolutely lose their mess and post their manifestos filled with expletives and threats.

I think he gets at least a 4/10 for effort. He's gone thru about 60% of his total posts and been replacing them with the picture. That's some dedication. Bet that account is gonna be locked any second...

^^

And I thought going back to college was hard :grin:

I have a suggestion and if it's redundant please excuse me. Is it possible that the moderators of this board can change or modify the little title under a posters avatar to state that they are on the probation list or in the HOS? Seems like this would be very helpful to the community. Also, without going into detail are there functions in place in the sign up system that would aid in preventing one from signing up as a new member under a different name?

Just some thoughts.

I think he gets at least a 4/10 for effort. He's gone thru about 60% of his total posts and been replacing them with the picture. That's some dedication. Bet that account is gonna be locked any second...

Duly noted but it is the same picture so I motion to move it to 3/10.

and now hes (gecko) going around replacing his posts with what appears to be dog scrotum...
And just the reason why we should keep the edit time for just 3 days and not a year as it was recently revised.

I have a suggestion and if it's redundant please excuse me. Is it possible that the moderators of this board can change or modify the little title under a posters avatar to state that they are on the probation list or in the HOS? Seems like this would be very helpful to the community. Also, without going into detail are there functions in place in the sign up system that would aid in preventing one from signing up as a new member under a different name?

Just some thoughts.

Mods have stated repeatedly that they won't be doing this sort of thing.

As for tracking multiple IDs, they're pretty good at it...

Just some thoughts.

Mods have stated repeatedly that they won't be doing this sort of thing.

As for tracking multiple IDs, they're pretty good at it...

Agreed on both counts. And the few shills that slip by are usually spotted shockingly quickly by the resident Board Detective Force.

and now hes (gecko) going around replacing his posts with what appears to be dog scrotum...
And just the reason why we should keep the edit time for just 3 days and not a year as it was recently revised.

Kinda original I must say....actually a little kudos for him being so diligent with his edits.