• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

To those with Paypal disputes opened against you: if it were me, I'd absolutely call Paypal and explain the situation, and have the dispute expunged from your account...if you can. They'll be able to see his shenanigans, but it's hard to say if they'll do anything. It's worth a try:

1-888-221-1161

I called again today and actually got a very reasonable person on the phone this time.

I told him the situation and he advised me to send all the appropriate information to this e-mail address: complaint-response@paypal.com

By the way, the buyer closed the complaint against me about an hour ago.

Just got word that he closed the complaint against me as well -- looks like he got the message!

:applause:

To those with Paypal disputes opened against you: if it were me, I'd absolutely call Paypal and explain the situation, and have the dispute expunged from your account...if you can. They'll be able to see his shenanigans, but it's hard to say if they'll do anything. It's worth a try:

1-888-221-1161

I called again today and actually got a very reasonable person on the phone this time.

I told him the situation and he advised me to send all the appropriate information to this e-mail address: complaint-response@paypal.com

Just got word that he closed the complaint against me as well -- looks like he got the message!

:applause: :applause:

Ghost Town and the others: sorry for the problem with the Gecko. Since all of these scams involve PP, I might suggest collaborating with the other board members and/or ask PP how many complaints he's had with PP in the last 60 days...that should set off alarms for them.

Nice to hear he's closed the complaint...but I'm guessing PP saw the situation for what it was.

Guess I have to nominate darkness4life, now phobalicious. Popped the takeit on a book on 6/5. We PM'd and I let him know on 6/19 that I had the book in hand and was ready to ship. Got no response. Invoiced by Paypal with the email he gave. Got no response. Yesterday, he removed himself from the PM. I thought it might be an error and PM'd his in a new PM to ask if he intended to pay for this book. He has not opened the PMs.

phobalicious f/k/a darkness4life

Can you clarify the transaction? You have dates of 6/5 but also 6/19. Your FS ad says payment within 7 days unless something is worked out. But that would be payment a week before you had the book in hand. Or was payment due within 7 days of your actually having the book?

Was there any communication between you and phobalicious after his :takeit:?

I didnt have the book in hand when he posted the takeit. So I waited til I had it to give a total with shipping. Since then I've had no response. He deleted himself from the pm and hasn't read the new one. He hasn't made a post here since either. He changed his name in the meantime as well.

Part of the reason I started this thread was to avoid waiting 30 days to alert others to problematic buyers or sellers. If he doesn't go on now, the he should go on on the 19th.

I didnt have the book in hand when he posted the takeit. So I waited til I had it to give a total with shipping. Since then I've had no response. He deleted himself from the pm and hasn't read the new one. He hasn't made a post here since either. He changed his name in the meantime as well.

Part of the reason I started this thread was to avoid waiting 30 days to alert others to problematic buyers or sellers. If he doesn't go on now, the he should go on on the 19th.

Quite a right thing to do. I think you know many a botched deal has been un-botched before the 30 days by it being brought up here. Send a new PM to let him know he is being nominated here and see if he reads it or responds.

Quite a right thing to do. I think you know many a botched deal has been un-botched before the 30 days by it being brought up here. Send a new PM to let him know he is being nominated here and see if he reads it or responds.

lol. I did. And he hasn't.

In case you missed it Gecko157 got the Ban from Arch tonight.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5844235#Post5844235

Well, after that dog picture, I'm not surprised.

Or was it the confusion that came from this when POV had to learn about lists in a thread?

hm

Although is guy sounds like a conman I did want to point out that requests for partial refunds are sometimes the way to go.

When I make a purchase where the shipping is excessive and it is not in the condition described (talking raw, not missing top label :facepalm: ) then I often suggest partial refund.

The reason simply being shipping. If I get a full refund the seller is usually out $25 or more and often above $50. The return shipping for me along with proof of delivery is equally expensive. If it were an eBay transaction I would leave negative even with the full refund due to my out of pocket return shipping expense.

Just my 2c that partial refunds are not always scams. (thumbs u

Guess I have to nominate darkness4life, now phobalicious. Popped the takeit on a book on 6/5. We PM'd and I let him know on 6/19 that I had the book in hand and was ready to ship. Got no response. Invoiced by Paypal with the email he gave. Got no response. Yesterday, he removed himself from the PM. I thought it might be an error and PM'd his in a new PM to ask if he intended to pay for this book. He has not opened the PMs.

Please add him to the probation list. It's been 30 days now.

Please add him to the probation list. It's been 30 days now.

I was just gonna ask about that.