• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just the overall situation that's all. It's all been taken care of relax ....
I appreciate your advice. I will try to relax.

:o I'm getting too old for this type of relaxation. I think I wil just go and pull some weeds out of the garden.

Just the overall situation that's all. It's all been taken care of relax ....
I appreciate your advice. I will try to relax.

:o I'm getting too old for this type of relaxation. I think I wil just go and pull some weeds out of the garden.

You're never too old. Stay young my friend.

I just pm tempus fugit. Payment will be done as agreed upon.

All good. The probation thread has once again caused justice to prevail.

Please consider Miamiknight3434 once again to be back in the good graces of the forum.

Please consider Miamiknight3434 once again to be back in the good graces of the forum.

Yes, and no. meh

Unless the payment has already cleared to your account I'll wait on the grace granting.

Hope Miamiknight3434 made good on his other sales purchases, he did send payment to me over the weekend for an "I'll Take it" , so he's met his obligation to me (hope he's doing so for all others too).

So never had cause to use this thread before but what can a seller do to a buyer?

I sold some books a week and a half ago. Buyer gets them saying one slab is cracked. I told him to send me pics of the box and of the slab so I could see because they were double boxed. Buyer then removes himself from the topic and opens a paypal claim. I replied to the claim and then to the buyer in a new pm. New pm states that I offered a counter refund to cover a reholder fee and that he cannot get a response to me if he removes himself from the topic. Without replying he simply removes himself from that pm as well.

Edit: Sale was for two books shipped for $110. I think I had them up for 60 each. Buyer is asking for $80 in the refund.

you may have to wait for the paypal outcome and see if the book is returned before you can nominate the buyer

if you want, out the buyer anyway and see if he/she shows up here

Yes. Please out this person so I don't have to sell to him.

I'd like to know as well

I didn't realize the reholder fee had been bumped up to $80 a book. lol

Sounds like someone's dipped in the peyote bucket again. :ohnoez:

I countered him with a $30 refund and he accepted. That should cover a reholder and some shipping assuming it really is damaged. The guy's user name is gecko157 for those of you that care. I guess it is resolved but he is now on my ignore list and I will never have any dealings with him again.

gecko157 just opened a $50 PayPal dispute against me. Here's what it says:

"The top label of the book has been removed. You did not disclose this to me prior to the purchase. I would like to send in for a refund or I would accept a partial refund to have the book re-slabbed."

He never PM'd me after receiving the book. Just opened a the dispute with PayPal.

The sale was for $130 shipped, by the way. I packed the book myself and the top label was still attached when I did. I e-mailed him back through PayPal just to send the book back for a full refund. I'm curious how this will play out.

In the meantime, I think sellers here should be aware.

So never had cause to use this thread before but what can a seller do to a buyer?

I sold some books a week and a half ago. Buyer gets them saying one slab is cracked. I told him to send me pics of the box and of the slab so I could see because they were double boxed. Buyer then removes himself from the topic and opens a paypal claim. I replied to the claim and then to the buyer in a new pm. New pm states that I offered a counter refund to cover a reholder fee and that he cannot get a response to me if he removes himself from the topic. Without replying he simply removes himself from that pm as well.

Edit: Sale was for two books shipped for $110. I think I had them up for 60 each. Buyer is asking for $80 in the refund.

you may have to wait for the paypal outcome and see if the book is returned before you can nominate the buyer

I'd like to know as well

I countered him with a $30 refund and he accepted. That should cover a reholder and some shipping assuming it really is damaged. The guy's user name is gecko157 for those of you that care. I guess it is resolved but he is now on my ignore list and I will never have any dealings with him again.

"The top label of the book has been removed. You did not disclose this to me prior to the purchase. I would like to send in for a refund or I would accept a partial refund to have the book re-slabbed."

He never PM'd me after receiving the book. Just opened a the dispute with PayPal.

The sale was for $130 shipped, by the way. I packed the book myself and the top label was still attached when I did. I e-mailed him back through PayPal just to send the book back for a full refund. I'm curious how this will play out.

The top label? Seriously? :P

He opened a PayPal dispute over the fact that the top label is missing? :eek:

This guy sounds like a real pain in the .

I'd like to know as well

The top label? Seriously? :P

He opened a PayPal dispute over the fact that the top label is missing? :eek:

This guy sounds like a real pain in the .

The top label wasn't missing. At least when I packed up the book. If he does return the book, I bet it'll be missing then.