• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Disagree

If you ever run a business, please consult an attorney before using this opinion, or it will cost you extremely large amounts of money to find out that the rest of the world, business and the law stand 100% on the other side of the issue from you.

You are such an hole, yet I find some of your posts down right hysterical!!

I tried to explain it in a nice way...like 4 times...I did...I tried...I swear. :boo:

Did you get his digital handshake on that?

As I said before based on principal I am done dealing in transactions on this forum as people are ridiculous.

Well at least we have some good news because most of the people who have seen how you conduct business here probably won't want to deal with you anyway. I know I wouldn't.

If you'd acted in a different way when the whole thing had been bought up then you would've gained a lot of benefit of the doubt but you seem as if you don't give a damn about the way that business is conducted here. Considering the hundreds of members conducting thousands of transactions her on the boards, the probation list is pretty small. All it takes to do business here successfully is a bit of honesty and respect.

+1,000,000

As I said before based on principal I am done dealing in transactions on this forum as people are ridiculous.

Well at least we have some good news because most of the people who have seen how you conduct business here probably won't want to deal with you anyway. I know I wouldn't.

If you'd acted in a different way when the whole thing had been bought up then you would've gained a lot of benefit of the doubt but you seem as if you don't give a damn about the way that business is conducted here. Considering the hundreds of members conducting thousands of transactions her on the boards, the probation list is pretty small. All it takes to do business here successfully is a bit of honesty and respect.

Exactly right Gaz.

I've done plenty of business on here with not one issue. Sure, sometimes there might be a miscommunication and it always gets worked out and I usually side with the buyer to make sure everyone is happy. You've been here less than a year and you seem to point the finger at the boards who have been having mostly problem free transactions for over 10 years? Do you know the kinds of books that have sold on here?

Here's a handshake if you agree to not post in the sales forum again. :hi:

Disagree

If you ever run a business, please consult an attorney before using this opinion, or it will cost you extremely large amounts of money to find out that the rest of the world, business and the law stand 100% on the other side of the issue from you.

I tried to explain it in a nice way...like 4 times...I did...I tried...I swear. :boo:

When you say it you make it sound dirty. :blush:

Its a matter of opinion.

I think it is offer / accept / handshake - agree (confirmation)

If there is no virtual handshake how can the offer be considered a deal?

My interpretation of your scenario is that your intial offer is you offering your hand for a handshake. His acceptance is taking your hand and shaking it to complete the transaction. I don't see this mysterious independant third step you're trying to make up but that's simply my viewpoint. I hope this gets cleared up either way - though it has provided for an interesting morning read :insane:

Disagree

When you say it you make it sound dirty. :blush:

Then my work here is done.

If he hypothetically offered it for sale in two different PM's to two different buyers, would he then have to sell it twice because they both respond :takeit: ?

Surely the seller would be able to tell one of the buyers that it's no longer available ?

That's why this is fundamentally different from a sales thread where :takeit: rules.

The way the seller treated the buyer was bad form though 2c

If he hypothetically offered it for sale in two different PM's to two different buyers, would he then have to sell it twice because they both respond :takeit: ?

Unless you're a total moron, you should never offer something to more than one person at a time in a PM anyway! :makepoint:

Unless you're a total moron, you should never offer something to more than one person at a time in a PM anyway! :makepoint:

Really ? I don't see a problem with offering to multiple potential buyers. That's basically what a sales thread does anyways.

Really ? I don't see a problem with offering to multiple potential buyers. That's basically what a sales thread does anyways.

Not really the same at all; the only way you should offer to multiple people in PM (at least in the form of "if you pay this amount it is yours") is if you include the fact that you are doing so and that the first one to accept will get it.

Surely the seller would be able to tell one of the buyers that it's no longer available ?

That's why this is fundamentally different from a sales thread where :takeit: rules.

The way the seller treated the buyer was bad form though 2c

Aside from the detail that those facts are completely irrelevant than the current situation. There are some points that should be made.

If the seller offered a single item to two buyers without informing them it was a non-exclusive offer with a first come, first served provision, then he has offered to sell more items than he currently possesses. That's a deceptive business practice, either by intention or by poor management.

If he offers 1 item to two buyers without informing them that the item may be sold before he can respond, or that the offer has gone out to many people and the first one to respond gets it, then he's in breach and has mislead the buyers into believing this was offered to them alone.

Again, that's not what happened here. He made an offer, that offer was accepted, and the seller breached the agreement in a red-assed baboon manner befitting no one of good taste or proper upbringing.

Not really the same at all; the only way you should offer to multiple people in PM (at least in the form of "if you pay this amount it is yours") is if you include the fact that you are doing so and that the first one to accept will get it.

Yeah I think you can do that (offer it to multiple people) but only if you are upfront on that... If you know two guys are looking for the same book and you dont care one way or the other you could offer it to either with the caveat that first PMed I'll take it wins... but that also means you need to follow up and let offeree B know when offeree A took it.

No one seeing a sales thread would reasonably believe that the offer was just made to them.

However, someone negotiating for a book via PM and then receiving a set offer to buy with exact terms would reasonably believe it was just for them.

A sales thread discloses by it's very nature of a post visible to everyone that the offer is open to the first comer who accepts it without reservation. Whereas a PM is, by it's very name, private. If the offer is being made to more than one party simultaneously you better damn well tell people that it is so.

In a sales thread yes.....that's completely open to the world. I said in a PM, which is only to specific people.

Yeah I think you can do that (offer it to multiple people) but only if you are upfront on that... If you know two guys are looking for the same book and you dont care one way or the other you could offer it to either with the caveat that first PMed I'll take it wins... but that also means you need to follow up and let offeree B know when offeree A took it.

(thumbs u I also just looked and these PM's all happened on the same day so does look to me like it should be honored.

(thumbs u I also just looked and these PM's all happened on the same day so does look to me like it should be honored.

Makes sense to me too. The offer should have never been made if it wasn't going to be honored. Once it's made, a person of honor, integrity, ethics and honesty will follow through and be a person of their word.

Anything short of that is mealy-mouthed rationalization.

I have never seen so many folks who think they are Judge Dredd in one place!

:makepoint:

You WILL be alone. Upon retirement, you will take the Long Walk... which every Judge takes, outside these city walls, into the Cursed Earth. There you will remain for the last of your days, alone and carrying the Law. Class dismissed.

Thanks comix4fun and all the rest of you for arguing my points so i won't have to. I have a plane to catch in a few hours and i'm still not packed so i don't have much time to respond.

I've completed transactions with over 50 unique people on these boards over the last 7 years, sometimes on the forums but mostly through PM and i have never had one that went down the way nocutename suggests.

Honestly i wouldn't have minded if he backed out (notice my last PM) but he ignored my PM's and removed himself from the discussion. While i waited for a reply i missed out on another similar copy which was frustrating but not the end of the world. What made me decide to nominate him are his replies over the last 24 hours. How many times can one man change his story?

First he says he didn't know who i was. Then he said i was lying. Then he said he never saw my PM's. Then he said he didn't agree on anything. Then he said he won't complete the transaction "as a matter of principle". Then he said he would complete it "if he still had it" and no one else offered to pay as much as i did. Then he kept asking me to list the entire PM (which i did). Then he insults everyone who disagrees in the other thread. Then he comes into this thread and plays the "i didn't agree card again".

If that's the type of person some of you want on these forums then that's up to you. I just always knew this place to be better than that. I have no stake in this, i have lost no money, it's just friends in the UK forum said i would be doing the right thing by letting everyone else know what this guy is like.