• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Conditionfreak, I've added superbeastcraig to the PL. Have you heard anything from Paypal?

I sent a PM (my second one since I paid), to SuperbeastCraig on 11-2-13. It is titled "Where is my Batman #200?"

I simply stated in the body of that PM. "I am putting you on the "probation list", if I do not hear from you immediately."

That PM, and my PM asking where my book is on 10-19-13, are both still listed by this site, as "unread" by SuperbeastCraig.

PayPal has this "claim" listed as "pending". I understand they have attempted to contact SuperbeastCraig and are wating for a response. I believe they wait ten days, before considering my claim.

I don't get it? ???

Is someone forcing you to purchase comic books from an individual on this internet forum board?

Are you doing this under duress?

Is no one here old enough to make a logical and intelligent decision on their very own?

Simply hilarious. :eyeroll:

Wow. :facepalm:

I totally get the idea of personal responsibility and common sense but for the life of me I can't understand why we don't institute some simple form of control on new sellers here.

100 posts and 1 month on the boards or a member with significant post count vouching for a new seller would make this a safer place and give a new seller a chance to learn about our selling rules and board culture.

I only have one experience with a bad transaction on here. But I will re-state what I have stated previously. My bad transaction was with a seller that had about 134 posts, and had about 1 1/2 years as a member here, when I did my transaction with him.

So...., your idea may indeed cut out some of the riff-raff. But it sure isn't gonna stop it all.

I actually think that it works fairly well here now. But I have been thinking that a mandatory statement disclosure in each and every sales thread posting, with something like:

"Buyer Beware: do some basic research on each and every seller, before sending money for item/s. Ask for references if the seller is new to this forum. DO NOT send amounts over $100.00 to anyone that you are not already familiar with their reputation and standing in this community. Always pay using PayPal, and accept no excuses which extend your waiting time for your item, that would extend you past the deadline for making a claim with PayPal in case your item is not received in a timely manner."

Or something like that. I am sure you get the idea.

A statement that automatically appears on every first post put on here, in every sales thread.

Edited by conditionfreak

I was notified today (11-13-13), that my claim against SuperbeastCraig thru PayPal, was ruled in my favor and I will receive a refund of all my monies in the next five days. They said that they were able to recover the money from SuperbeastCraigs account. They list his name as Timothy Dillon. But information posted on here, indicates that may be just one name that this person goes by.

So, all is good on my end I guess.

Edited by conditionfreak

Hey joey I hate to be a stickler for the rules, but did you PM Slab-Pro letting him know you were going to nominate him to PL and has 72 hours passed yet?

He has not returned any correspondence to date, why should he all of a sudden do so because he is threatened by being added to the probation list?

The thread alone has been up for over a week with no response from him.

It's just a technicality, Joey. You need to send him a separate PM, alerting him to this thread. If he doesn't respond within 72 hours, he goes on the list. (thumbs u

I'll beat the dead horse one more time to make the powers that be happy.

Tomorrow morning ...times up.

Slab-Pro on the list. Hilarious. I told a couple of Slab-Pro reps at FanExpo they were shady. The response was priceless.

What did they say?

They said "Suck it, dude. But that is a sweet leather coat."

Has anyone ever dealt with

"MrDeafComics"

Purchased on his thread Oct 16th

Paid via Amazon per his request

Pm's have been sent and read but no answer since 10/18 "Will ship on Monday" then 11/02 "Shipping on Monday"

PM sent 11/02 and 11/08 read but no response to asking about a tracking number.

30 days is almost up not sure how Amazon deals with issues but want to put a case in if I need to.

Should I send PM mentioning the PL?

30 days is up in another hour and 12 minutes as of EST time... Go ahead and PM him mentioning that he is being nominated for the PL and seperatly I would advise you file a complaint with amazon. If he doesn't respond by Sunday at 10:49pm then mention it here and we will add him to the PL (ugh third one in like a week)