• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

OK filed with Amazon.....sheesh they are NO help on the phone and it isn't that easy to find the dispute transaction area.

Here is the link for Amazon's Complaint Department

https://resolutioncenter.payments.amazon.com/cobranded-ui/actions/DisputeInitialisationAction.do

PM sent 30 minutes ago

This PM is to officially let you know that within 72 hours you will be nominated for the Probation List as this transaction is almost 30 days old.

You have read my PM's but never responded except to twice tell me that they were going to be shipped the following Monday.

As of 11/14/2013 I have received to tangible goods per our arranged transaction here on the boards.

Honestly that was the 1st time I ever heard that amazon had a paypal like area.

It took about 24+ hours for them to actually set up the account and calling and explaining to them tonight well..........good try but the guy had no idea what he was talking about.

I like Amazon as a site but I don't think I will be utilizing them as a payment middleman

Slab-Pro on the list. Hilarious. I told a couple of Slab-Pro reps at FanExpo they were shady. The response was priceless.

What did they say?

They tried to blame other representatives that I met in Niagara Falls. They couldn't throw their co-workers under the bus fast enough. Slab-Pro was way overpriced and Defender slapped them. lol

ALERT - ALERT :news: - ALERT- ALERT - ALERT

Amazon Payments if payment is made to a person and they do not have a store presence on Amazon. YOU LOSE YOUR MONEY from them. :censored:

The guarantee is NOT effective when as most of use PayPal buyer paying seller with personal account.

Informed that it has been that way for some time.

Now his request for Amazon, Check, Money Order makes more sense as they will not help as in their words "We have no way of getting the money back from the seller." :idea:

I asked as a new buyer i had to set up a credit card and bank account in order to use Amazon Payment wouldn't he have had to also? "Yes" was the response. I then asked why they couldn't take the money from 1 of those accounts. Amazon response. "We can't do that, you should contact your credit card company or bank." :mad:

I asked did I miss the 30 day window and that was the reason. Amazon response. "No you could have sent your claim in after 15 days but because it is a personal account they would NOT be able to help me." :censored::mad::censored:

Asking about all of their guarantees and knowing paypal would have already done something it was explained to me. Amazon response. "If you read all of the guarantee you will find that we can not be held liable for cases like these due to the fact that it was a personal seller account." ???

I asked if this happens often. Amazon response " A fair amount of times but in most cases the bank or credit card is able to help the customer." ME "So I could make a seller account and have someone send me a personal payment and not send them anything and that ok it would be cool?" Amazon response. "It would not be cool but we would have no way of retrieving the money." :makepoint:

I'm shaking my head over this almost license to steal (shrug)

Oh dear - sorry to hear that. It's always a good idea to know how the payment system you're using protects you, especially if it's one you're not familiar with, but I can totally see how people would assume that Amazon would have decent buyer protection.

Only if you buy from an Amazon storefront,

It is the Payments from person to person they do not cover.

Amazon Payments if payment is made to a person and they do not have a store presence on Amazon. YOU LOSE YOUR MONEY from them. :censored:

The guarantee is NOT effective when as most of use PayPal buyer paying seller with personal account.

Now his request for Amazon, Check, Money Order makes more sense as they will not help as in their words "We have no way of getting the money back from the seller." :idea:

Was this written in a foreign language and then run through Google translate?

This happened to me when Google Wallet came out about 7 or 8 years ago. I never used it again.

Was this written in a foreign language and then run through Google translate?

All your base are belong to us! :insane:

Used a debit card but all good small bank they all know me so shouldn't be a problem just a major pain and having to wait.

I thought it would be like paypal at least since I had to link a bank account and a credit card in order to make the payment and we are Prime members......thought they would be able to just take it back..........lesson learned....

Wonder if anyone else in that thread received anything?

I asked as a new buyer i had to set up a credit card and bank account in order to use Amazon Payment wouldn't he have had to also? "Yes" was the response. I then asked why they couldn't take the money from 1 of those accounts. Amazon response. "We can't do that, you should contact your credit card company or bank." :mad:

I asked did I miss the 30 day window and that was the reason. Amazon response. "No you could have sent your claim in after 15 days but because it is a personal account they would NOT be able to help me." :censored::mad::censored:

Asking about all of their guarantees and knowing paypal would have already done something it was explained to me. Amazon response. "If you read all of the guarantee you will find that we can not be held liable for cases like these due to the fact that it was a personal seller account." ???

I asked if this happens often. Amazon response " A fair amount of times but in most cases the bank or credit card is able to help the customer." ME "So I could make a seller account and have someone send me a personal payment and not send them anything and that ok it would be cool?" Amazon response. "It would not be cool but we would have no way of retrieving the money." :makepoint:

How is it a license to steal? I'm sorry this happened to you, but it's really your obligation to do due diligence. Can't blame that on Amazon.

How is it a license to steal? I'm sorry this happened to you, but it's really your obligation to do due diligence. Can't blame that on Amazon.

I don't think the consumer is to blame because Amazon facilitates orders with little-to-no security measures in place to protect them. If you take a look at Amazon's marketing for Amazon Payments it's pretty deceptive from the sense that it makes you feel that you are safe, warm and fuzzy when using their program - when you are not.

Amazon's positioning in the retail marketplace puts them as a trustworthy vendor - but this program has some loopholes in it that are going to hamstring their program.

Wait...why is this in the PL area?

Has anyone ever dealt with

"MrDeafComics"

Purchased on his thread Oct 16th

Paid via Amazon per his request

Pm's have been sent and read but no answer since 10/18 "Will ship on Monday" then 11/02 "Shipping on Monday"

PM sent 11/02 and 11/08 read but no response to asking about a tracking number.

30 days is almost up not sure how Amazon deals with issues but want to put a case in if I need to.

Should I send PM mentioning the PL?

5) Probation List versus Hall Of Shame

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised.

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

c) The Hall Of Shame candidate is subject to all of the above rules.

d) Inclusion in the Hall Of Shame must be decided by a poll.

e) Removal from the Hall Of Shame must be decided by a poll.

So.

-slym

Hey Slym - if a poll for the HOS is going to be made it would be a good idea to at least summarize the transgression(s). I don;t even know if this is for real. I find no posts regarding the user you named in the poll.

You don't find any posts under that name because the scumbag scammer went and changed his name when he got caught shilling. He nows goes under the name Future.