• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So.

-slym

Hey Slym - if a poll for the HOS is going to be made it would be a good idea to at least summarize the transgression(s). I don;t even know if this is for real. I find no posts regarding the user you named in the poll.

You don't find any posts under that name because the scumbag scammer went and changed his name when he got caught shilling. He nows goes under the name Future.

Thanks. I am still coming up empty, and I am good at the search function. Can you link something to get me started??

So.

-slym

Hey Slym - if a poll for the HOS is going to be made it would be a good idea to at least summarize the transgression(s). I don;t even know if this is for real. I find no posts regarding the user you named in the poll.

You don't find any posts under that name because the scumbag scammer went and changed his name when he got caught shilling. He nows goes under the name Future.

Thanks. I am still coming up empty, and I am good at the search function. Can you link something to get me started??

He even admits that he shilled his own auction. :facepalm:

5) Probation List versus Hall Of Shame

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised.

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

c) The Hall Of Shame candidate is subject to all of the above rules.

d) Inclusion in the Hall Of Shame must be decided by a poll.

e) Removal from the Hall Of Shame must be decided by a poll.

I emboldened what qualifies him for the HoS, IMHO. He backs out of deals giving excuses to not buy a book he posted the "takeit" graemlin for, then buys other expensive books at the same time. He has a list of things going against him. Take them all in a lump and I see someone whom I know I will never do business with, and IMHO, shouldn't be allowed to have the opportunity to take advantage of other members here.

-slym

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised.

b) The Hall Of Shame is for serious transgressions. For example, selling a book/books and sending nothing of value in the package. Interfering with someone's business. Being a multiple offender.

I emboldened what qualifies him for the HoS, IMHO. He backs out of deals giving excuses to not buy a book he posted the "takeit" graemlin for, then buys other expensive books at the same time. He has a list of things going against him. Take them all in a lump and I see someone whom I know I will never do business with, and IMHO, shouldn't be allowed to have the opportunity to take advantage of other members here.

-slym

agree ^too many chances are given around here when all signs point to someone being a scam offender again in the future ... gotta take care of it while in the womb

-slym

I posted it because the first few times I wasn't aware of some of the rules so I thought I'd make it easier for people that are voting.

-slym

I posted it because the first few times I wasn't aware of some of the rules so I thought I'd make it easier for people that are voting.

I think I'm a little familiar with the PL/HOS Rules.

I am still befuddled, especially about this:

-slym

Where is this documented? I still see nothing in Probation discussions about it. I am not saying Future does or doesn't deserve PL or HOS. But where are these coming from?

The main purpose to this particular thread is to BRING THIS STUFF OUT. I have not seen anyone here saying Future reneged on a takeit.

Where are these examples and, beyond his self-admitted shilling, what comprises the "list of things against him"?

I am not trying to be a jerk or even be difficult. What I am trying to do is figure out exactly what is going on and why none of this has hit this thread before.

my comment was towards Sym

in other news, is this not the same person who's on the probation list? this isn't his first sales thread either unless there are 2 people with the same name

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7173899&gonew=1#UNREAD

my comment was towards Sym

in other news, is this not the same person who's on the probation list? this isn't his first sales thread either unless there are 2 people with the same name

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7173899&gonew=1#UNREAD

My comment was to Slym as well. Heck, I quoted him.

You posted a link to a sales thread by Winter Soldier. Are you saying WintSol is Symb/Future? I am even more confused now. NM - I see you were bringing up a different topic,.

Edited by Poverty_Row

No, it is poor taste to sell or buy when on the PL.

I was misguided by jsilver's "is this not the same person". Now, the "in other news" makes more sense.

I shall leave my bemused post up but stricken through so others may make sport.

He's actually had several sales threads in the past few months and yet his threads say

NO HOS

NO Probies

I just asked asked about that in the sales thread.

:eek: What was the infraction?

He's actually had several sales threads in the past few months and yet his threads say

NO HOS

NO Probies

I just asked asked about that in the sales thread.

:eek: What was the infraction?

It begins here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=6196740&Searchpage=1&Main=163911&Words=edwin+toyman&topic=0&Search=true#Post6196740

Wow this is totally insane. I can't belive members here are actually turning on me for no reason and giving me a bad reputation.....for not doing a dam thing wrong?

If you check my feedback/Kudos thread you can see I'm a good member.I was nominated by a member named ToyMan. Which I just recently found out about thanks to a friend of mines on the board.

That transaction I had with him was that I agreed to buy Shazam comics and Kamandi comics from him. I sent him a payment via PayPal for the comics. A day or two later he refunded they money stating that since he was new to selling through PayPal they had put a 21 day hold on the funds. Then told me to send him a money order instead or a personal check....which I never did. Since I didn't know him personally. Shortly after that I stopped visiting the boards due to a death in the family.

So I was never here to defend myself when he nominated me.....

Edited by WinterSoldier