• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm a bit confused. All of this has already come out some time ago. We then had the big apology thread and a lot of people were in favour of giving this guy a second chance - even though they already knew about the way he shafted Kevin and his other bad behaviour.

Is it the case that people want to recommend him to the probation list / HoS now because he tried to promote some eBay sales? Or just that this was always the idea but nobody got round to it beforehand?

The latest quote.gif outrage quote.gif is due to breaking his self-imposed two month selling hiatus by starting a sales thread 10 days after he said he'd take a couple months off.

The sales thread was poofed by the mods & it's unfortunate because it's not like he was hiding the fact that he was breaking his word about not selling.

The earlier stuff is the worse stuff, particularly his bad deals - admitting he shilled on e-bay didn't really bug me much since I assume the worst with unknowns in this hobby.

Kevin if you pmed him a :takeit: then there was a deal. :takeit: doesn't signify you are interested and you can now start haggling on a price. I know I myself have had regrets when posting a book and then seeing a flurry of :takeit: and being like o man I priced that too low. But I still honor the sale, I offered it, I have to take the deal I offered.
+1 Definitely probation worthy.

Kevin if you pmed him a :takeit: then there was a deal. :takeit: doesn't signify you are interested and you can now start haggling on a price. I know I myself have had regrets when posting a book and then seeing a flurry of :takeit: and being like o man I priced that too low. But I still honor the sale, I offered it, I have to take the deal I offered.

Yeah, I meant that it wasnt a deal as in no money changed hands, he doesnt owe me anything, an apology would have been nice, I am easy going and would have been forgiving at that point, he can stick it up his arse now.

This is clearly a case where everything that comes out of his mouth is either a lie or a scam.

He's not alone...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7211165#Post7211165

Amazing that Robert Beerbohm has plenty of time to spend on the Boards and on Facebook, yet he can't ship a $3,600 order that he shafted a customer on 7 months ago.

I would proffer that he crossed the Hall of Shame threshold a long time ago...

Yeah, I meant that it wasnt a deal as in no money changed hands, he doesnt owe me anything, an apology would have been nice, I am easy going and would have been forgiving at that point, he can stick it up his arse now.

IMO, he should be added to the probation list. That is how we help to prevent this from happening again.

Well he is probably going on a short break anyway based on that post (masking and politics)

Looks like you were right.

I was actually hoping it would last longer, but the Mods have an unenviable job to do and I respect that.

And we were discussing (not sure if you were here for that?) the question of when a transaction ends (i.e. can you join the boards and bring someone up for a non-transaction specifically because of his case.) I was planning on reopening that issue when everyone is back on Monday :) Figured no use discussing it over the holiday weekend.

This is clearly a case where everything that comes out of his mouth is either a lie or a scam.

He's not alone...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7211165#Post7211165

Amazing that Robert Beerbohm has plenty of time to spend on the Boards and on Facebook, yet he can't ship a $3,600 order that he shafted a customer on 7 months ago.

Yknow, I would have disagreed with you until I read Bob's last post. Now I'm 100% onside. That's a rambling, self serving, self focused pile of dinosaur waste that ignores the buyer's plight and avoids taking blame, apologizing - Bob you owe the man a serious apology, and promising to ship immediately.

How contrite is Bob when he states he's only gonna ship them when he finds them all. If that was you, me, or any reasonable seller in this situation we'd ship everything we could find the next day and search high and low for the rest to ship within a few days.

And it's obvious that Bob spent the buyers money. Any seller should never, ever spend the buyers money until he's shipped the items and the buyer is 100% happy.

That's a rambling, self serving, self focused pile of dinosaur waste that ignores the buyer's plight and avoids taking blame, apologizing -

+1

I don't need a history lesson from Bob or anyone else on here. One thing has nothing to do with shipping this man his books. What I find disturbing is that in his posts I believe he says some of them are still in the old warehouse. Really. After 7 months. What a croc of k rap!

My understanding is now two things. (1)Bob has now promised to ship all of the books out by Christmas. This to me would constitute a new transaction date because the buyer has paid and the seller has agreed to ship. As such both are board members and a 30 day clock has started. If he doesn't have all the books by Christmas then he is certainly free to file a complaint and have him added to the PL or nominate him for the HoS. (2) The buyer claims that some of the books he bought were later sold on eBay (and not to him) so it will be impossible for him to receive his books.

My understanding is now two things. (1)Bob has now promised to ship all of the books out by Christmas. This to me would constitute a new transaction date because the buyer has paid and the seller has agreed to ship. As such both are board members and a 30 day clock has started. If he doesn't have all the books by Christmas then he is certainly free to file a complaint and have him added to the PL or nominate him for the HoS. (2) The buyer claims that some of the books he bought were later sold on eBay (and not to him) so it will be impossible for him to receive his books.

Since the agreement to ship the books by Christmas was made on the boards, I think that this could be a Probation or Hall of Shame issue if the books aren't delivered when promised. The problem that Matt wasn't a member at the time of the transaction shouldn't apply if the agreement to ship by Christmas was a "board issue". If/when the books aren't shipped, 30 days later Mr. Beerbong should be in the Hall of Shame.

well he would be added to the PL and is eligible to be nominated to the HoS where there would need to be a vote (i think of at least 2 weeks) to determine if he should be added to the HoS but yea this resolves the issue of whether or not Matt is eligible to nominate, however I do think I will still revive the issue on Monday in the abstract to discuss the possibility of amending the rules to deal with future issues.

He's not alone...

Yknow, I would have disagreed with you until I read Bob's last post. Now I'm 100% onside. That's a rambling, self serving, self focused pile of dinosaur waste that ignores the buyer's plight and avoids taking blame, apologizing - Bob you owe the man a serious apology, and promising to ship immediately.

How contrite is Bob when he states he's only gonna ship them when he finds them all. If that was you, me, or any reasonable seller in this situation we'd ship everything we could find the next day and search high and low for the rest to ship within a few days.

And it's obvious that Bob spent the buyers money. Any seller should never, ever spend the buyers money until he's shipped the items and the buyer is 100% happy.

True on all counts, Dave... the key to understanding BLB is that he has no shame.

I wonder if his few remaining supporters just can't overcome their doubts and incredulity, or perhaps they are unwilling to admit that they were so wrong about someone despite overwhelming circumstance?

I truly feel sorry for the victim (Matthew), especially since his motive to buy was yet another one of the seller's "The sky is falling! The sky is falling" manipulations. What a shame that he has to endure this (not to mention being out $3,600).

Members will nominate him to the HoS and state reasons why he should be added. Basically the case has to be shown that he has repeatedly caused harm to the community. Then a vote is taken. I believe the minimum time for that vote must be 2 weeks. If the vote passes he is added to the HoS if it doesn't then he isn't added. The outcome of the vote does not change whether he is on the PL.

He gave his word through Mark Zaid on facebook that they'd be shipped by the end of the week and that I'd have tracking. It is now the end of the week. He gave his word through Mitch by phone that they'd be shipped by Christmas. He posted on the boards here under the Thanksgiving greetings thread that he'll mail them eventually when he get's around to it, when he's found them all and nothing will speed up the process.

I trust all of you trust Mark Zaids word?

Being the end of the week, I do not have tracking. I have no reason to think that he'll have them in the mail by xmas. He has made this same "I'll mail them out by so and so promise" a dozen times. And he has just violated yet another date he gave his word for. Earlier in this probations thread, one of the forum members here posted a dozen stories of the guy given by board members that show he has repeatedly done these sort of behaviors again and again.

He's stolen $3600.00 from me, he makes no attempt to make good on the deal. And this isn't the first, or second, or twentieth time he's done this to others. some of your earliest most trusted members are speaking up about how Bob has done them wrong over the years.

I would like to call for a vote to add him to the Hall of Shame.

It's time to put an end to this guys ability to make transactions on line. If he ever bothers to follow through on the tranaction with me, I'll let you know and you can react accordingly. In the mean time, if this guy doesn't qualify for the Hall, than who possibly ever could?

Please elect him to the hall. - M

Matthew I can understand how frustrating this is and I am extremely sorry to hear that you lost 3600. However there are rules and procedures to follow. Even though I personally think you have zero chance you will receive all of the books you ordered by then, we must still enforce the 30 day period for him to make good. The clock starts from when he came here and posted that thanksgiving greetings stuff. 3 days prior to the expiration of the 30 days pm him in a separate thread telling him he is being nominated for the PL and HoS and he should come here to argue for why he should not be added to either. After the 30 days have passed and if he hasn't responded with anything that would be helpful to resolve this issue, repost your previous post along with the date of the thanksgiving agreement and the fact you pmed him without a response. he will be added to the pl and a vote will probably take place to add him to the HoS as well. Again I am sorry to heat about your issues with this transaction and I truly hope that an amicable resolution is reached swiftly.