• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

1) I really hope there is a card in there deeply apologizing to your postman for the hernia you are going to give him for having to carry all of that.

2) Regarding the Grimm #55 you stated in your original post that you refunded him for that, so I am assuming that issue is closed.

3) If you could dig out the other emails that would be helpful. It does seem that per his own old PM that there are other outstanding Invoices which he refuses to address because he believes he is entitled to the Grimm #55, which again you said you refunded for. (and I am assuming the deal was not contingent on)

2) Yep, he was refunded for that one.

3) Nothing was contingent on specific books. I've told him that if he doesn't want the #55, I won't hold him to that one since it was my screw up for not shipping it the first time.

1) I really hope there is a card in there deeply apologizing to your postman for the hernia you are going to give him for having to carry all of that.

2) Regarding the Grimm #55 you stated in your original post that you refunded him for that, so I am assuming that issue is closed.

3) If you could dig out the other emails that would be helpful. It does seem that per his own old PM that there are other outstanding Invoices which he refuses to address because he believes he is entitled to the Grimm #55, which again you said you refunded for. (and I am assuming the deal was not contingent on)

2) Yep, he was refunded for that one.

3) Nothing was contingent on specific books. I've told him that if he doesn't want the #55, I won't hold him to that one since it was my screw up for not shipping it the first time.

Sounds like he just wanted to pick and choose which books he really wanted from your registry set, then bailed out on buying all the others he agreed to. Once he got the ones he was really after, he just decided to bail on you. :tonofbricks:

Not sure how this all works, or if I am posting in the right slot: But here is my morning and only post until I am in front of a computer.

One of Franks most recent Statements

The added purpose of going this route is that I want you to know that per CGC guidelines, I will be nominating you for the cgc probation (Nice Guy) list if you do not complete this transaction by paying me in the next 36 hours.

Like my dad said to you in the posts I have read in the real world things don’t work like this. Like he said you’re trying to circumvent this CGC site, this system by wanting to refund him his money for a book he already owns from invoice 0023, you just need to send our book. That's a done deal!

Nothing more could ever happen without that book in hand, that by the way you tried to double charge him. Nice Friend!

Again, like he had stated in his own way there is no further business now unless the # 55 9.9 book is in hand. “Besides, to everyone”, If you think there will be any further business with this man, after all the false accusations, lie's deeds, showing his true colors as a man he must be sniffing "the bad".

I truly hope who may be concerned realizes you contaminated any chance of this going forward. Ever!

Frank, you may have some people fooled, even my dad, but not me!

I see you have some fooled here already!

P.S love the way you pluralize as well when it was 1 book between friends, you know just thinking about this, your some type of flake.

Edited by mongoose01

Not sure how this all works, or if I am posting in the right slot: But here is my morning and only post until I am in front of a computer.

One of Franks most recent Statements

The added purpose of going this route is that I want you to know that per CGC guidelines, I will be nominating you for the cgc probation (Nice Guy) list if you do not complete this transaction by paying me in the next 36 hours.

Like my dad said to you in the posts I have read in the real world things don’t work like this. Like he said you’re trying to circumvent this CGC site, this system by wanting to refund him his money for a book he already owns from invoice 0023, you just need to send our book. That's a done deal!

Nothing more could ever happen without that book in hand, that by the way you tried to double charge him. Nice Friend!

Again, like he had stated in his own way there is no further business now unless the # 55 9.9 book is in hand. “Besides, to everyone”, If you think there will be any further business with this man, after all the false accusations, lie's deeds, showing his true colors as a man he must be sniffing "the bad".

I truly hope who may be concerned realizes you contaminated any chance of this going forward. Ever!

Frank, you may have some people fooled, even my dad, but not me!

I see you have some fooled here already!

P.S love the way you pluralize as well when it was 1 book between friends, you know just thinking about this, your some type of flake.

Mike, You were refunded for the #55 because I failed to ship it to you. There was never an agreement that our transaction was contingent upon that book alone. If you still want this book, you can pay for it with the rest of the books that are outstanding.

hm

So basically all this amounts to buyer's remorse at the expense of an honest seller.

:facepalm:

I just wanted to agree with Bio-Rupp here and say that I've had multiple transactions with Frank over a number of years. There has NEVER been an issue. Over 6 years of buying, selling, and sometimes trading here, I could probably come up with 10 sellers that I would buy from in an instant, even without pics. Frank is definitely one of them.

I've dealt with Frank a number of times. He's not only a pleasure to deal with on sales threads, he's been incredibly generous in charity threads.

Anyone can make an error when shipping, he made a small one, fixed it by refunding and offered to sell the book if the other party preferred that, in no way should that negate the prior negotiations, it appears that the buyer, or buyer's "son", is just looking for an excuse, and it does not seem to be a valid one.

hm

So basically all this amounts to buyer's remorse at the expense of an honest seller.

I just wanted to agree with Bio-Rupp here and say that I've had multiple transactions with Frank over a number of years. There has NEVER been an issue. Over 6 years of buying, selling, and sometimes trading here, I could probably come up with 10 sellers that I would buy from in an instant, even without pics. Frank is definitely one of them.

Yep... dealt with Frank quite a few times in both buying and selling. Always a pleasure.

Appears there is a breakdown with the buyer over the refunded #55. If I'm reading the buyer's Old English semantics properly, it appears they believe its still paid for on "Invoice #23". This appears to be why they won't continue with payment for the other goods held.

Frank has already stated he refunded amount paid for this book due to a simple shipping mistake. Perhaps a reminder email including a Paypal screenshot of the refund will make this buyer whole again.

Honestly, if Frank shows him proof of refund, then buyer is out nothing and can just re-buy the book with the refunded money.

On the other hand, if the buyer doesn't accept this... then chances are he is just trying to get out of the remainder of the sale. If this is the case, then that's very unprofessional, buyer behavior... and Frank is 100% right in bringing the matter here.

If buyer doesn't see fit to honor his obligations to Frank after this reminder, I say PL list is a viable option for Frank.

So at this point the buyer has been refunded the price if the GFT 55 9.9, but the buyer still wants the book?

Seems like its a simple case of Frank producing proof of the refund, which would close out the sub-issue, and return us to the main point of whether the buyer has sent payment for the books the seller delivered on.

hm

Yep... dealt with Frank quite a few times in both buying and selling. Always a pleasure.

Appears there is a breakdown with the buyer over the refunded #55. If I'm reading the buyer's Old English semantics properly, it appears they believe its still paid for on "Invoice #23". This appears to be why they won't continue with payment for the other goods held.

Frank has already stated he refunded amount paid for this book due to a simple shipping mistake. Perhaps a reminder email including a Paypal screenshot of the refund will make this buyer whole again.

Honestly, if Frank shows him proof of refund, then buyer is out nothing and can just re-buy the book with the refunded money.

On the other hand, if the buyer doesn't accept this... then chances are he is just trying to get out of the remainder of the sale. If this is the case, then that's very unprofessional, buyer behavior... and Frank is 100% right in bringing the matter here.

If buyer doesn't see fit to honor his obligations to Frank after this reminder, I say PL list is a viable option for Frank.

Here's the screen shot. I'm not sure how to send a reminder email. I've sent payments before to emails in my contact list that have said "unclaimed". Those I have been able to bump with an email. However, this one shows complete.

Snapshot_zps37836063.jpg

Also, Mike has sent a PM acknowledging that he has the $100 for the book in his account.

Frank,

Family & Friends, just advised that if the Grimm Fairy Tales # 55 9.9 books money is in our bank account and that you are holding that book to let CGC make you send the book before we return that money.

Your creating so much bad, that we have to worry if you will send our book paid for.

Mike

hm

No offense to Mike... but I can't understand the "Yoda on Acid' dialect he's typing to understand what he wants or expects from you. (shrug)

Is he wanting you to send the book back... and then they pay for it again? Or is he stating "yes I got your refund, but you still stole it from us so send it back and we will pay for it". :tonofbricks:

Frank not sure if I am reading your post right, but it sounds like you found the book(the 55) and are willing to sell it to him at the agreed on price. As such there really should be no issue about this book. You mistakenly did not ship it originally, as soon as it was brought to your attention you issued a full refund and now that you are able to your willing to fulfill the original deal. There does not seem to be a question that you have an agreement with mike about selling books and that he hasn't paid for some of them. The sticking point seems to be the refund. Frank if you can post a redacted screenshot showing the reimbursement I think it would be time to add mike to the pl.

Frank not sure if I am reading your post right, but it sounds like you found the book(the 55) and are willing to sell it to him at the agreed on price. As such there really should be no issue about this book. You mistakenly did not ship it originally, as soon as it was brought to your attention you issued a full refund and now that you are able to your willing to fulfill the original deal. There does not seem to be a question that you have an agreement with mike about selling books and that he hasn't paid for some of them. The sticking point seems to be the refund. Frank if you can post a redacted screenshot showing the reimbursement I think it would be time to add mike to the pl.

Yep that is a pretty good break down. The screen shot of the refund is above. It may not have been clear, but remember that Mike didn't raise an issue with not getting the book until I pressed the PL issue recently. The shipment that I screwed up on happened about seven months ago. I let him know and have stated here, I'll excuse his commitment to that book, because it was my screwup, but not the other books.

Yea apparently you posted the screen shot while I was typing my response, sorry about that :foryou: I am going to add him to the PL and if I am wrong to do so someone will :makepoint: me and remove him, but I see no reason not to add him at this point.

I've dealt with Frank a number of times. He's not only a pleasure to deal with on sales threads, he's been incredibly generous in charity threads.

Anyone can make an error when shipping, he made a small one, fixed it by refunding and offered to sell the book if the other party preferred that, in no way should that negate the prior negotiations, it appears that the buyer, or buyer's "son", is just looking for an excuse, and it does not seem to be a valid one.

+1

Frank's as honest as they come.

How would this following scenario be viewed according to the rules of the boards.

Book is sold and seller waits till his thread is closed and then sends out invoices.

Seller thinks he has mailed out the book and it turns out he did not. When brought to his attention the seller makes sure no shipping history exists and then let's the buyer know the book would be shipped out in a few days. All of this is well within the 30 day window.

Buyer opens a paypal dispute and then PM.s the seller he picked up another copy on ebay and wants his money refunded.

My 2c , seller should send out the book but can keep the funds. Seller should send out the book immediately but does have 30 days within to complete the sale. If the buyer proceeds with demanding a refund it is probation worthy. Again just my 2c

How would this following scenario be viewed according to the rules of the boards.

Book is sold and seller waits till his thread is closed and then sends out invoices.

Seller thinks he has mailed out the book and it turns out he did not. When brought to his attention the seller makes sure no shipping history exists and then let's the buyer know the book would be shipped out in a few days. All of this is well within the 30 day window.

Buyer opens a paypal dispute and then PM.s the seller he picked up another copy on ebay and wants his money refunded.

Just to clarify. If the buyer has opened a paypal dispute is that not also premised on a good faith attempt by both parties to complete the original transaction? What is the buyer's paypal "claim" exactly?

Just to clarify. If the buyer has opened a paypal dispute is that not also premised on a good faith attempt by both parties to complete the original transaction? What is the buyer's paypal "claim" exactly?

I think it was just to protect himself. The buyer specifically stated he no longer needed the original book purchased since he picked up another copy in the meantime off of ebay.