• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

How would this following scenario be viewed according to the rules of the boards.

Book is sold and seller waits till his thread is closed and then sends out invoices.

Seller thinks he has mailed out the book and it turns out he did not. When brought to his attention the seller makes sure no shipping history exists and then let's the buyer know the book would be shipped out in a few days. All of this is well within the 30 day window.

Buyer opens a paypal dispute and then PM.s the seller he picked up another copy on ebay and wants his money refunded.

Just to clarify. If the buyer has opened a paypal dispute is that not also premised on a good faith attempt by both parties to complete the original transaction? What is the buyer's paypal "claim" exactly?

I think it was just to protect himself. The buyer specifically stated he no longer needed the original book purchased since he picked up another copy in the meantime off of ebay.

Did he say that in the "note" that would have come with the notification of a paypal dispute? I'm asking because when I start the process for a dispute I get these choices below and I cannot proceed with a dispute until I've chosen one or the other:

I'm opening this dispute because:

I haven't received my item.

I received my item, but it is significantly not as described. For example:

•The item was damaged or defective.

•The box was empty.

•The order was incomplete.

I'm assuming this is the only way to make a claim on paypal, yes?

If so then by shipping the book you will have preempted any claim I think, yes?

I guess I did not make it clear enough to all to understand. If there was any chance of this ever taking place, just on the books that were still needed that time has passed. That was by Franks own actions, he was the one who pulled out and closed the board, but even before that he through away any good there ever was between him and my dad.

Prior to taking this probation route, Frank closed the board and did not even look to refund my father, he attempted first to double charge him, then when that failed he tried to steal the book.

Frank:

asteroid-comix has removed themself from this topic

This whole matter is in the trash now, probation, no probation, and in my eyes is no different than if this was a store, major retail, small business, even an accountant or dentist who does business and is treated unfair or messed over anyone from a customer or supplier to any of your own parents, that’s it they would cut this guy loose.

To those who never had a problem with transactions by this person, I think that is great, not sure how many books were in your orders but this was a very large order of books, months and months and years. So let’s put things into their correct perspective. Dad even took books we did not need and said that’s O.K because my dad is getting old and sick because of his service during WTC 911 and only does this because he loves his children and wanted to leave us collectables that will let us remember him by. Probably if NYC firemen made more, he would have bought all the books in the first week for us!, since Frank takes such liberty, like days turned into months and months into years and into decades.

No difference here especially after closing the PM created after buying on e bay between them.

These sales were not even placed on the boards, that I see where people regularly sell. So even that aspect of breaking some rule may not be valid. This was much different than that, from an outside view.

So after let us say 99.9% of the books are all purchased even those my dad ate! my dad asked could you work on a price for (1) book and stated another was found that they talked about way in the past about, that was misplaced and another he admitted he made a mistake on and this creep blew up on him and showed he was only a nasty pr _ _ k. Case Closed

It was only my father using an email: The last message by my father, that brought Frank back into the fold here, to flee into this probation thing,

Again! He originally planned on double charging, than stealing, now his plan is to hurt my father by hurting us. He has been exposed for those who want to see, if no one cares, so be it.

I have copied my dad’s letter to Frank’s removal message. Please understand my father is a very religious man so here it is.

Before I forget, Frank, you keep responding as if these posts have been by my dad, no it’s his son, and to your last response. You Will Get Nothing Now, We are done with you! No matter what! As my dad would say sometimes Pilate runs the courts and the crowed.

Frank, AKA Slick, I am pretty disappointed in you: So you close our board and ran away like someone "who don't want to hear the truth about them-selves.

Like closing our board we all just go away? Not True Mighty One!

The enemy is a-lot like that. You’re mimicking him!

He looks to deceive and create his own truth and you just jumped in it with this beast. He is a puppet master, Hope you can shake those strings! So he pulls your strings now and opens your mouth, moves your arms. Picture it, I see it!

Of course, his greatest power over you is you don’t believe he exists. It is foolishness to the so called wise man who only follow the doctrines of this world! I tell you he is all over your home after what you just did.

Just Think, You did it for a paid comic book and with young adults and kids; Judas did it for 30 pieces of silver. Same story different century.

What a con-artist, he and you are, I just can't believe what you are doing. I feel sick for what happens next, for you and your whole world.

I read your last response before you closed our board. We read how you try to say untrue statements to justify your sins and for closure! That must have been important to you.

Like when you said “Funny you bring this up when I push you to make right on a deal” No, the word that you should have used instead of push was extortion.

Friends don't do this; Good People don’t do that to each other unless they are just plain out stinking.

I still can't believe the Christ-less thing you just did to my family and they want to let everyone know about it.

You and your new buddy found a way to hurt good people. I wonder if your wife and kids know what you just did. I forget! How old are you?

Then you stated: “You ever wonder why so many people” end up not wanting to deal with you Mike?” Truthfully Frank: I already know that answer, it is because I called them out for what they really are and people in today’s world don’t like that. That is besides us heading in different directions. It is stated that what is in a man’s heart will come out of their mouth.

Remember Frank what Our Moto Was: Truth Justice & the American Way.

That is what we stood for Frank! Before you had what I perceived to be a total melt down by earthly standards. Maybe you just changed teams in the spiritual realm and don’t know it yet

Not for nothing, if you did not blow up, get red in the face and got your communication skills out we still be pen-pals.

If those 2 individuals are your only reference not to send our book or to sell me the other books we can still use, one called full of horror and another who at the time behaved like a little girl, (well don't buy from me anymore, if you can't buy from me only) seems devilishly not you!, since you left out the rest of my life, adding a good 25 friends, a large family of relatives and another 100 solid acquaintances/friends. My life has been blessed big time that way. Thanks be to God

Out of the many friends, (Good Friends, thick and thin type Friends, many that would march into hell for me if that is Galena Ohio; you’re only able to count up two lost souls heading south.

That’s just like your new friend & now mentor; he made you close our board while making you look like a foolish Child.

You are not a child, you are a man, and you were our friend!

Then you stated: I should have remembered about the # 55 book. Well Frank: If you did not catch it the family did: The book was paid for, you must have just meant realized before November 24, 2013.

Besides in the rational & adult realm, what use to be, “and made sense in the world I use to live in”, it was you who should have realized Mike paid for this book already let me send it to him not the other way around.

So maybe even in April 2013 you did not belong to Christ, had a different daddy? I am sure you know your daddy, who floats your boat, then and now.

Ask your wife and kids tell them this story and see who they think is floating your boat.

Stop the nonsense Frank! Then you ended our friendship, acquaintance whatever you held it to be.

Listening to the whispers & lies. He won you; “In fact we wanted to buy the GFTML nice book at your offer because you were right and wanted the raw # 7 if it had your blessing. Those other 2 books out of the hundred purchased you could have handled but you chose to run with him & not your pen pal me the Mongoose Killer of Rats & Snakes.

Not sure If I should have started this response this way but:

I have a very heavy heart Frank, If I didn’t have a heavy heart I would know you were not my buddy. How are you doing?

I thought you were above what you are now doing to my family. I thought you were a true friend made from comic book collecting, someone who would steer me right and guide me straight in all things.

I know you’re not hurting for money $$$, so what leads you now to do all of this is very clear and who it comes from. If I was an atheist as before I would not understand why you are doing this, but would sum it up to greed.

I wish I lived next door to you Frank, so when you seen me you would see the truth, and spoke to me you would want to do what is right. You would sell us the books we still need and the one we already paid for would have been in everyone’s hands already. Oh …. The enemy would flee your mind, soul & home as well by Gods authority.

I hope your better half is reading this. Ms. Bearss: If you’re there help your husband attain his common sense and from the stinking thinking that’s in his mind.

Frank has even thrown his service honor in the garbage, but from all this I have seen better things & friendships come about. Maybe, we just have to let the principalities battle

I don't sit here and not realize Frank all the help you did for us, what a blessing you have been, but I never looked at you as a stooge when you helped get books we needed. The last thing you mentioned before closing our board.

Don't Worry!, If you don't send the kids their book – or come to your senses, I had forgiven you and …

No, I won't ask any bud’s to buy a book from you that we already paid for, but already my oldest kids want to post all about you everywhere and about the stolen book, and whenever they see you post something if they see it they will tell it to the board and the world of what you did to them.

Frank, if you want to talk to me further you know how to email.

Have a nice Thanksgiving

I guess I did not make it clear enough to all to understand. If there was any chance of this ever taking place, just on the books that were still needed that time has passed. That was by Franks own actions, he was the one who pulled out and closed the board, but even before that he through away any good there ever was between him and my dad.

Prior to taking this probation route, Frank closed the board and did not even look to refund my father, he attempted first to double charge him, then when that failed he tried to steal the book.

Frank:

This whole matter is in the trash now, probation, no probation, and in my eyes is no different than if this was a store, major retail, small business, even an accountant or dentist who does business and is treated unfair or messed over anyone from a customer or supplier to any of your own parents, that’s it they would cut this guy loose.

To those who never had a problem with transactions by this person, I think that is great, not sure how many books were in your orders but this was a very large order of books, months and months and years. So let’s put things into their correct perspective. Dad even took books we did not need and said that’s O.K because my dad is getting old and sick because of his service during WTC 911 and only does this because he loves his children and wanted to leave us collectables that will let us remember him by. Probably if NYC firemen made more, he would have bought all the books in the first week for us!, since Frank takes such liberty, like days turned into months and months into years and into decades.

No difference here especially after closing the PM created after buying on e bay between them.

These sales were not even placed on the boards, that I see where people regularly sell. So even that aspect of breaking some rule may not be valid. This was much different than that, from an outside view.

So after let us say 99.9% of the books are all purchased even those my dad ate! my dad asked could you work on a price for (1) book and stated another was found that they talked about way in the past about, that was misplaced and another he admitted he made a mistake on and this creep blew up on him and showed he was only a nasty pr _ _ k. Case Closed

It was only my father using an email: The last message by my father, that brought Frank back into the fold here, to flee into this probation thing,

Again! He originally planned on double charging, than stealing, now his plan is to hurt my father by hurting us. He has been exposed for those who want to see, if no one cares, so be it.

I have copied my dad’s letter to Frank’s removal message. Please understand my father is a very religious man so here it is.

Before I forget, Frank, you keep responding as if these posts have been by my dad, no it’s his son, and to your last response. You Will Get Nothing Now, We are done with you! No matter what! As my dad would say sometimes Pilate runs the courts and the crowed.

Frank, AKA Slick, I am pretty disappointed in you: So you close our board and ran away like someone "who don't want to hear the truth about them-selves.

Like closing our board we all just go away? Not True Mighty One!

The enemy is a-lot like that. You’re mimicking him!

He looks to deceive and create his own truth and you just jumped in it with this beast. He is a puppet master, Hope you can shake those strings! So he pulls your strings now and opens your mouth, moves your arms. Picture it, I see it!

Of course, his greatest power over you is you don’t believe he exists. It is foolishness to the so called wise man who only follow the doctrines of this world! I tell you he is all over your home after what you just did.

Just Think, You did it for a paid comic book and with young adults and kids; Judas did it for 30 pieces of silver. Same story different century.

What a con-artist, he and you are, I just can't believe what you are doing. I feel sick for what happens next, for you and your whole world.

I read your last response before you closed our board. We read how you try to say untrue statements to justify your sins and for closure! That must have been important to you.

Like when you said “Funny you bring this up when I push you to make right on a deal” No, the word that you should have used instead of push was extortion.

Friends don't do this; Good People don’t do that to each other unless they are just plain out stinking.

I still can't believe the Christ-less thing you just did to my family and they want to let everyone know about it.

You and your new buddy found a way to hurt good people. I wonder if your wife and kids know what you just did. I forget! How old are you?

Then you stated: “You ever wonder why so many people” end up not wanting to deal with you Mike?” Truthfully Frank: I already know that answer, it is because I called them out for what they really are and people in today’s world don’t like that. That is besides us heading in different directions. It is stated that what is in a man’s heart will come out of their mouth.

Remember Frank what Our Moto Was: Truth Justice & the American Way.

That is what we stood for Frank! Before you had what I perceived to be a total melt down by earthly standards. Maybe you just changed teams in the spiritual realm and don’t know it yet

Not for nothing, if you did not blow up, get red in the face and got your communication skills out we still be pen-pals.

If those 2 individuals are your only reference not to send our book or to sell me the other books we can still use, one called full of horror and another who at the time behaved like a little girl, (well don't buy from me anymore, if you can't buy from me only) seems devilishly not you!, since you left out the rest of my life, adding a good 25 friends, a large family of relatives and another 100 solid acquaintances/friends. My life has been blessed big time that way. Thanks be to God

Out of the many friends, (Good Friends, thick and thin type Friends, many that would march into hell for me if that is Galena Ohio; you’re only able to count up two lost souls heading south.

That’s just like your new friend & now mentor; he made you close our board while making you look like a foolish Child.

You are not a child, you are a man, and you were our friend!

Then you stated: I should have remembered about the # 55 book. Well Frank: If you did not catch it the family did: The book was paid for, you must have just meant realized before November 24, 2013.

Besides in the rational & adult realm, what use to be, “and made sense in the world I use to live in”, it was you who should have realized Mike paid for this book already let me send it to him not the other way around.

So maybe even in April 2013 you did not belong to Christ, had a different daddy? I am sure you know your daddy, who floats your boat, then and now.

Ask your wife and kids tell them this story and see who they think is floating your boat.

Stop the nonsense Frank! Then you ended our friendship, acquaintance whatever you held it to be.

Listening to the whispers & lies. He won you; “In fact we wanted to buy the GFTML nice book at your offer because you were right and wanted the raw # 7 if it had your blessing. Those other 2 books out of the hundred purchased you could have handled but you chose to run with him & not your pen pal me the Mongoose Killer of Rats & Snakes.

Not sure If I should have started this response this way but:

I have a very heavy heart Frank, If I didn’t have a heavy heart I would know you were not my buddy. How are you doing?

I thought you were above what you are now doing to my family. I thought you were a true friend made from comic book collecting, someone who would steer me right and guide me straight in all things.

I know you’re not hurting for money $$$, so what leads you now to do all of this is very clear and who it comes from. If I was an atheist as before I would not understand why you are doing this, but would sum it up to greed.

I wish I lived next door to you Frank, so when you seen me you would see the truth, and spoke to me you would want to do what is right. You would sell us the books we still need and the one we already paid for would have been in everyone’s hands already. Oh …. The enemy would flee your mind, soul & home as well by Gods authority.

I hope your better half is reading this. Ms. Bearss: If you’re there help your husband attain his common sense and from the stinking thinking that’s in his mind.

Frank has even thrown his service honor in the garbage, but from all this I have seen better things & friendships come about. Maybe, we just have to let the principalities battle

I don't sit here and not realize Frank all the help you did for us, what a blessing you have been, but I never looked at you as a stooge when you helped get books we needed. The last thing you mentioned before closing our board.

Don't Worry!, If you don't send the kids their book – or come to your senses, I had forgiven you and …

No, I won't ask any bud’s to buy a book from you that we already paid for, but already my oldest kids want to post all about you everywhere and about the stolen book, and whenever they see you post something if they see it they will tell it to the board and the world of what you did to them.

Frank, if you want to talk to me further you know how to email.

Have a nice Thanksgiving

Mike, removing myself from our PM was not my intent, but that does not change that we had a commitment for a deal and it was and is my expectation that you complete the transaction as agreed. I didn't realize the 55 was not included in your shipment in April, but I refunded you when you brought it to my attention in November. You are still welcome to complete the transaction and have yourself removed from the probation list.

First the funny response:

Now the serious one:

Son of Mike (since we don't know your name). This is a very clear cut issue. Your father and Frank entered into a deal in which Frank would sell your father books at an agreed upon price over a period of time, we sometimes refer to this agreement as "Time Payments". Your father stopped paying monthly as he was supposed to and Frank allowed it to slip for a time. Then he stopped paying all together.

Yes Frank mistakenly forgot to ship a book. Your father however never brought it up until November which Frank promptly rectified by issuing a full refund to your father (proof of which was posted in this thread) Had you brought the issue up sooner I am assuming Frank would have fixed the issue then, either by issuing a refund or shipping the book. Frank is still offering to sell your Father that book if he wants it, at the agreed on price but he needs to pay for it again since the funds had been refunded. Your father has no duty to pay for that book. if he doesn't want it.

Your father does have a duty to pay for the remaining books though because there is still an agreement to pay for them. Hence the reason he was placed on the PL because he has not completed his transaction. If Frank tells us that your father has paid off his obligation then he will be removed from the Probation List, as that is the point of the PL.

I am sorry to hear that your father is going on hard times but that does not change the fact that there was a deal in place and your father is in breach. I hope that you and he can work with Frank to fix the issues and things can go back to normal. That is what we strive to do with this list, fix issues. All the best.

First the funny response:

Now the serious one:

Son of Mike (since we don't know your name). This is a very clear cut issue. Your father and Frank entered into a deal in which Frank would sell your father books at an agreed upon price over a period of time, we sometimes refer to this agreement as "Time Payments". Your father stopped paying monthly as he was supposed to and Frank allowed it to slip for a time. Then he stopped paying all together.

Yes Frank mistakenly forgot to ship a book. Your father however never brought it up until November which Frank promptly rectified by issuing a full refund to your father (proof of which was posted in this thread) Had you brought the issue up sooner I am assuming Frank would have fixed the issue then, either by issuing a refund or shipping the book. Frank is still offering to sell your Father that book if he wants it, at the agreed on price but he needs to pay for it again since the funds had been refunded. Your father has no duty to pay for that book. if he doesn't want it.

Your father does have a duty to pay for the remaining books though because there is still an agreement to pay for them. Hence the reason he was placed on the PL because he has not completed his transaction. If Frank tells us that your father has paid off his obligation then he will be removed from the Probation List, as that is the point of the PL.

I am sorry to hear that your father is going on hard times but that does not change the fact that there was a deal in place and your father is in breach. I hope that you and he can work with Frank to fix the issues and things can go back to normal. That is what we strive to do with this list, fix issues. All the best.

You need a new avatar...

keep_calm_and_trust_the_mediator_t_shirts-rbd8b64035a8d47aab68893b98288a0d2_iq3h9_324.jpg

Why does God want you to collect all those titty books?

Was that somewhere inside that impenetrable wall of text?

How would this following scenario be viewed according to the rules of the boards.

Book is sold and seller waits till his thread is closed and then sends out invoices.

Seller thinks he has mailed out the book and it turns out he did not. When brought to his attention the seller makes sure no shipping history exists and then let's the buyer know the book would be shipped out in a few days. All of this is well within the 30 day window.

Buyer opens a paypal dispute and then PM.s the seller he picked up another copy on ebay and wants his money refunded.

November 10th you sent me an invoice.

November 12th I paid invoice and apologized that I didn't check my paypal and paid you immediately.

November 15th I pm'd and asked for tracking and status and you stated you will ship out on Monday and stated you don't like to leave packages at the post office over the weekend.

November 22nd, I pm'd stating I did not receive package.

November 22nd, you stated you might not have shipped it out. I replied thanking you for replying back with status update.

November 26th, I pm'd again for status update.

November 29th, I filed paypal dispute for tracking hoping this would get your attention.

November 30th, you stated that since I never received it that meant you never sent it out and wanted my info again to send it too which was on the payment I sent on November 12th.

December 1st, I stated I never received it and already purchased one on eBay.

December 1st, you asked why I filed a dispute and you wanted me to close dispute prior to refund.

December 1st, I replied stating once you hit that refund link dispute will automatically close.

I've been patient and kept communication with you but there are those instances that you did not provide me with a tracking and then finally realized you never sent it.

If you think I deserve to be on the probation list then by all means add me on it for me trying to protect myself from losing any money.

I've been screwed by so called "long term" members or whatnot but there are plenty of instances where "long term" members or vendors screwed people. Probably not on this forum but on many other ones I frequent like Nike Talk and others.

Why does God want you to collect all those titty books?

Was that somewhere inside that impenetrable wall of text?

There was a lot of dubious religious reference, and a sig line full of titty books. I put two and two together.

November 10th you sent me an invoice.

November 12th I paid invoice and apologized that I didn't check my paypal and paid you immediately.

November 15th I pm'd and asked for tracking and status and you stated you will ship out on Monday and stated you don't like to leave packages at the post office over the weekend.

November 22nd, I pm'd stating I did not receive package.

November 22nd, you stated you might not have shipped it out. I replied thanking you for replying back with status update.

November 26th, I pm'd again for status update.

November 29th, I filed paypal dispute for tracking hoping this would get your attention.

November 30th, you stated that since I never received it that meant you never sent it out and wanted my info again to send it too which was on the payment I sent on November 12th.

December 1st, I stated I never received it and already purchased one on eBay.

December 1st, you asked why I filed a dispute and you wanted me to close dispute prior to refund.

December 1st, I replied stating once you hit that refund link dispute will automatically close.

I've been patient and kept communication with you but there are those instances that you did not provide me with a tracking and then finally realized you never sent it.

If you think I deserve to be on the probation list then by all means add me on it for me trying to protect myself from losing any money.

I've been screwed by so called "long term" members or whatnot but there are plenty of instances where "long term" members or vendors screwed people. Probably not on this forum but on many other ones I frequent like Nike Talk and others.

Yeah, filing a paypal dispute here after 3 weeks is pretty much frowned upon. That's what the 30 day probation period is for. To give the deal 30 days to be completed, and if it is not, then the dispute should be filed. That gives the buyer 15 days from the end of the 30 day period to the 45th day when a dispute could no longer be filed. Sad to say, but it looks like you jumped the gun a bit.

I'm still new and don't know much of the rules but I figured I pm him already and ask numerous times for status update on tracking I felt I was blown off twice with his statements of not receiving it and checking his records and mean while he continues to post up on other threads and what not and not trying to solve issues at hand.

Too me I felt I was in the right to file a dispute hoping he would take it into account of my concerns and reply and guess I was right because now he is concern.

I kept it between the seller and me and never went to this sale thread and started pointing fingers.

I already purchased one on eBay and it arrived pretty fast. Dispute will close once refund has been received.

I'm doing this to protect myself as the sales guidelines does state "at your own risk" and doesn't state anything as far as opening a dispute prior to 30 days.

Edited by PhoKing

I'm still new and don't know much of the rules but I figured I pm him already and ask numerous times for status update on tracking I felt I was blown off twice with his statements of not receiving it and checking his records and mean while he continues to post up on other threads and what not and not trying to solve issues at hand.

Too me I felt I was in the right to file a dispute hoping he would take it into account of my concerns and reply and guess I was right because now he is concern.

I kept it between the seller and me and never went to this sale thread and started pointing fingers.

I already purchased one on eBay and it arrived pretty fast. Dispute will close once refund has been received.

I'm doing this to protect myself as the sales guidelines does state "at your own risk" and doesn't state anything as far as opening a dispute prior to 30 days.

Since you outed yourself I am going to have to stick to the rules.

You can close the dispute and I will refund your money.

Or, I can satisfy PayPal and mail you the book so you can have two copies.

Next time understand the rules.

Since you outed yourself I am going to have to stick to the rules.

You can close the dispute and I will refund your money.

Or, I can satisfy PayPal and mail you the book so you can have two copies.

Next time understand the rules.

Outed myself? lol

And 2 books? You stated you never sent any book out.