• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Creative Team Has The Longest Run?

42 posts in this topic

Too bad Marvel couldn't keep the Claremont/Byrne/Austin team on Uncanny back in the day...

*sigh*

-slym

(thumbs u

For sheer page count: Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima on LONE WOLF AND CUB. They also worked together on other titles. Overall, they might be the most prolific team ever.

(thumbs u And produced work of the highest quality.

Cerebus has the longest (both issue count and years).

Bendis/Bagley (I think) are second. This is issue count though, not years.

Stan/Jack on FF was long (in both count and years).

Also, the entire "creative team" of 100 Bullets had a 100 issue run (no bi-monthly issues or any "special" issues). I don't know the exact lenght of years, but I would say 8+.

Azzarello - writer

Risso - Artist

Johnson - cover artist

Mulvahill (sp?)- Colorist

Robins - Letterer

Almost 10 years years, actually (cover dates August 1999 - June 2009). The book has some slight scheduling problems along the way.

How many issues of Wonder Woman did Kanigher write in a row? And how many of those did he have the same artist? Or what was it, Paul S. Newman on Turok and Lone Ranger? Did he have the same artist for a long run.

Barks did about 250 issues of WDCS. :)

Paul S. Newman on Turok at 26 years as writer

also he wrote Lone Ranger from #38-145 (April 1948 - July 1962) a 107 issue run

jesse march as artist drew Tarzan for 19 years.

tom gill on lone ranger also had a 20 year plus run for dell/gold key as lone ranger artist

also

Sergio Aragonés Groo run is at least 150 issues.

GROO.jpg

For pure longevity of a mainstream title, it's always been Stan and Jack on the FF - that USM run was faked due to bi-weekly/weekly issues, which made the number larger than the actual time.

When we get into small press/indies, that opens up a whole other can of worms.. :frustrated:

That's not a creative team though. The original question was team, which is why I went for Sim/ Gerhard as the longest.

Which is why when you open it up to small press/independent books, it totally changes the question - aren't there Japanese/European creators who have been doing this literally forever?

That's not a creative team though. The original question was team, which is why I went for Sim/ Gerhard as the longest.

Which is why when you open it up to small press/independent books, it totally changes the question - aren't there are Japanese/European creators who have been doing this literally forever?

The Lone Wolf & Cub saga is around 8700 pages and that was not the only series from Koike and Kojima.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

There's also Robert Kanigher, Ross Andru and Mike Esposito who, with the exception of a book or two, secured themselves employment by working on every issue of Wonder Woman from 1957 to 1967 (issues 89-172).

Fewer issues (due to non-monthly status) but longer time period than Stan and Jack!

Which is why when you open it up to small press/independent books, it totally changes the question - aren't there are Japanese/European creators who have been doing this literally forever?

The Lone Wolf & Cub saga is around 8700 pages and that was not the only series from Koike and Kojima.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

If were talking manga then Akira Toriyama`s Dragon Ball has to be way up there.

at least 42 volumes between 1984 to 1995.

DragonBall-Z-cn03.jpg

There's also Robert Kanigher, Ross Andru and Mike Esposito who, with the exception of a book or two, secured themselves employment by working on every issue of Wonder Woman from 1957 to 1967 (issues 89-172).

Fewer issues (due to non-monthly status) but longer time period than Stan and Jack!

And maybe more stories since there were usually more than one per issue.