• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethics

132 posts in this topic

Ok...I'm kinda curious about the sales thread I guess.

Is there an unwritten or "gentleman's" agreement for books sold via the sales thread?

Meaning...If a seller list/sells a book for "forum members" at a great price, is it in bad taste or unethical for a buyer to resell it immediately on another venue for profit knowing it was under priced to begin with? Flipping?

But, from what I see...Some prices are "special" prices so that "forum" members get a a good deal...Would someone get upset if a book they listed was sold somewhere else at a high price?

just curious...

The etiquette on the board can be complex and vary for each exchange, but if you treat everyone like you would like to be treated you will have no problems at all!

Pack em' well, offer full refunds, and enjoy the interaction with the other collectors.

I absolutely love selling on these boards.

I love buying too, but my bank account,,, not so much ;)

Dave

No, everyone is entitled to sell whatever they pick up at a steal for whatever price they care to charge.

It's called 'capitalism' and it's good and played backwards on a stereo it sounds like 'I'm a greedy but I cover it by using an immoral, self-serving cod-philosophy to justify it'.

Hope that this helps. (thumbs u

I absolutely HATE when people flip on the boards. I find it insulting, it's almost like thinking I dont pay attention.

You got anything in the VCC I can press and flip? :popcorn:

:o

I absolutely HATE when people flip on the boards. I find it insulting, it's almost like thinking I dont pay attention.

It's a question of good manners, Pat.

Yes, they have every right to 'do what they want with the book once they've bought it'.

However, they are utterly classless to do it here, under the original seller's nose. (thumbs u

Go nuts. I honestly wont ever say anything to someone doing it. I just kind of take note.

Yes, they have every right to 'do what they want with the book once they've bought it'.

However, they are utterly classless to do it here, under the original seller's nose. (thumbs u

Thats how I see it. But I will also play time as a factor. I am not saying its all absolutes. But to see a book sold on monday and relisted on saturday just kind of speaks to me.

Go nuts. I honestly wont ever say anything to someone doing it. I just kind of take note.

Why is that 130 an 8.5?

I have done that, but I PMed JiveTurkeyMoFo and told him what I was doing and how much I would be listing it for sale on the boards.

:o

No :o

Anyone who would like to call CGC for notes on the books I have and see what could be pressed has every right to do so. I just happen to not care about those books in particular. But some books I would press if it could improve the overall life of the book. (mostly spine roll)

I have done that, but I PMed JiveTurkeyMoFo and told him what I was doing and how much I would be listing it at for sale on the boards.

And what sort of time frame are we looking at between purchase and sale? (shrug)

Why is that 130 an 8.5?

I didnt call for any notes. But I will take a look for you if you like.

What if you buy it and notify the seller that it is for the intention of flipping he the seller states he doesn't care.

(shrug)

Why is that 130 an 8.5?

I didnt call for any notes. But I will take a look for you if you like.

Oh no, I was only curious. I have an SS 9.6 copy. Just going by the scan, it looked nicer than an 8.5.