• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ethics

132 posts in this topic

Exactly. 75 copies of X-Men 266, eh? :eek:

...I could still pull out a few 9.8 copies of X-Men #266 out of my if I reached in deep enuff

Let's leave that one for the archeologists. :wishluck:

Is that what they call proctologists out your way? :luhv:

Exactly. 75 copies of X-Men 266, eh? :eek:

...I could still pull out a few 9.8 copies of X-Men #266 out of my if I reached in deep enuff

Let's leave that one for the archeologists. :wishluck:

Is that what they call proctologists out your way? :luhv:

No, we call them buttock.

So where do you draw the line? People want to criticize others for doing something they perceive as wrong. Yet they are actually only choosing to draw the line in the sand at a different place. What is long enough? a month, 6 months, a year. In my opinion, if you are willing to shell out your hard earned cash, it is yours to do with as you choose.

What difference does it make anyway? If you sell something on the boards, you should either know what you are doing(there are certainly plenty of resources available online) or not complain about it later if you don't want to make the effort.

Now whether you should rub someone else's nose in it, or lie to get a better deal on the book, is a different story. That only goes so far and someone is going to rub your nose across your face.

I could care less if someone makes a profit flipping a book from me. I hope they do. Maybe they will come back and buy more books.

I with you Dale. (thumbs u

If I sell a book at whatever price I agree to, the book is now the seller's to do with as they please. I got what was agreeable to me & the new owner can do whatever they want, it's their property. Who am I to judge them for what they do with their property? (shrug)

How about being able to post vile lies about fellow board members and there being no consequences?

What's that have to do with flipping books? (shrug)

Thought the question was about ethics in general on these boards hm

I actually think that is more important than flipping.

My understanding of FT's initial post was about us behaving positively as a community.

How about being able to post vile lies about fellow board members and there being no consequences?

I think it was about defamation of character through libelous accusations of the vilest kind. It happened not half an hour ago.

I think it was about defamation of character through libelous accusations of the vilest kind. It happened not half an hour ago.

Would someone like to shine a little light on what you Brits are talking about :shrug:

My understanding of FT's initial post was about us behaving positively as a community.

Okay, just wanted clarification.

I understand where FT's coming from and, while I do feel a sold book is the new owners property to do with as they please, I can also understand the no-flip sentiment. I have purchased a few books I've thought about flipping here, though I doubt any are from earlier than 3-4 months ago. But even so, I am reluctant to do so even though they are my property & I should be able to do so if I choose. These weren't haggle puchases, simply :takeit: purchases.

Would someone like to shine a little light on what you Brits are talking about :shrug:

:popcorn:

My bad - should have posted the comment somewhere else. Basically one board member accused another of being a child molester in more than one post - then the mods pulled that thread (the Forum Scams one).

The same accusations have also been made in the sales forum.

Now let's get back to flipping.

Once I've sold a book I don't care what the buyer does with it.

My bad - should have posted the comment somewhere else. Basically one board member accused another of being a child molester in more than one post - then the mods pulled that thread (the Forum Scams one).

Yet another day in the loony bin begins. :P

Where have you been - began for me hours ago :insane:

Where have you been - began for me hours ago :insane:

I decided to sleep in today. doh! I didn't know the show was going to start this early.

Here's a question though along these lines:

A person buys a collection / group of comics but really only wants say 1 or 2 issues from the entire lot. S/He breaks up the lot, and the flips all of the other books they didn't want here on boards--maybe making more money than they sold for, maybe breaking even, or maybe just defraying the costs. So what do you think: is this kosher or no?

Absolutely Kosher IMHO...

I myself could care less if I post a book and a person buys it and flips it.

What I would not care for if someone gave me some BS story about this is the last book they need for their collection, but if I could knock off $XX dollars they could buy. If I did that and they flipped it they I'd be :censored:

If the buyer just PM'd me and said I'll take it for only this amount and I do the deal and they flipped it. Again to me that isn't a problem. They weren't lying to me. They weren't crying in their beer to me about how important the book is to them. They just wanted it at a lower price. If they then sold it at a higher price, well good for them. Just my 2c

Well said... (thumbs u

I've had plenty of my OO's sold fairly soon after i sold them - so what?? I cannot remeber a single person trying to give me a line of BS in order to get the prices down.

Except maybe G-Man, of course..... :jokealert:

Okay, just wanted clarification.

I understand where FT's coming from and, while I do feel a sold book is the new owners property to do with as they please, I can also understand the no-flip sentiment. I have purchased a few books I've thought about flipping here, though I doubt any are from earlier than 3-4 months ago. But even so, I am reluctant to do so even though they are my property & I should be able to do so if I choose. These weren't haggle puchases, simply :takeit: purchases.

I wanted to take a moment to especially agree with the highlighted section. I agree with FT in that the seller might feel slighted if a quick flip was done on here and yet the line drawn as to how much time should pass is a personal thing and is different for everyone.

(thumbs u

Good points all.