• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about BLBcomics / Robert Beerbohm

167 posts in this topic

No, Kav. Beerbohm is one of the biggest turds in this hobby. He is the epitome of a disreputable seller.

I gotta ask, how old are you because if I had to guess I would say you are about 18?

wow a supporting comment on one hand and an insult in the other. you're a man of many talents.

I'd tell you my age but you'd just not believe me....

There isn't any insult. I asked a question.

that's a bit disingenuous. Saying I seem like i'm about 18 is an attempt to say I'm immature, which is an insult.

You are wildly over emotional and fritter back and forth between self righteous and belligerent. Agressive and then docile. I am hoping it is because you are immature and 18 because then I would understand you a bit more and you wouldn't irritate me as much.

If you are older then you are gonna be a goldmine for points. lol

overemotional? this from the guy who follows me around insulting me? wow.

17?

No, Kav. Beerbohm is one of the biggest turds in this hobby. He is the epitome of a disreputable seller.

I gotta ask, how old are you because if I had to guess I would say you are about 18?

wow a supporting comment on one hand and an insult in the other. you're a man of many talents.

that's a bit disingenuous. Saying I seem like i'm about 18 is an attempt to say I'm immature, which is an insult.

You are wildly over emotional and fritter back and forth between self righteous and belligerent. Agressive and then docile. I am hoping it is because you are immature and 18 because then I would understand you a bit more and you wouldn't irritate me as much.

17?

Ok you hate me I get it. You know what you should do with people you hate? Avoid them. Don't sniff around after them constantly like a dog in heat. Jeez. It's not a good look. Then you can move on with your shattered life and broken dreams.

Stumbled across yet another old Robert Beerbohm thread (shows up on a Google search), made even more interesting now that his egregious activities have been exposed, plus having been banned (as BLBcomics) from this Board, in addition to being placed into the Hall of Shame.

Textbook Bob. Love his lengthy post on page 2 of this thread. Deja Bob all over again.

It is classic Beerbohm with stuff like "my friend Steve Meyer"... oh wait, would that be the same Steve Meyer that BLB duped and then fleeced by incessantly pushing his self-serving Obadiah Oldbuck agenda (I heard Meyer lost 50% on a huge investment)?

What does that say about a guy like Beerbohm who shamelessly rips-offs his "friends" (another example being the Widow Bails) like that?

Can you pls clarify what happened here ? I remember those OO threads in Gold :cloud9:

Beerbohm advocated that Obadiah Oldbuck(1842) was the first comic book, more important than Superman, which is just ridiculous.

BLB did so because he had inventory on the item and was looking for one sucker (aka "friend") who would buy into the theory and thus pay a huge amount for the book.

His "friend" Steve Meyer eventually did.

Having been duped by BLB, Meyer tried to argue (defend) his large investment here on the Board, but he crashed and burned.

Too late to realize his folly, Meyer sold out at a huge loss and apparently left the hobby, engaging in other strange pursuits.

17?

Maybe younger.

Stumbled across yet another old Robert Beerbohm thread (shows up on a Google search), made even more interesting now that his egregious activities have been exposed, plus having been banned (as BLBcomics) from this Board, in addition to being placed into the Hall of Shame.

Textbook Bob. Love his lengthy post on page 2 of this thread. Deja Bob all over again.

It is classic Beerbohm with stuff like "my friend Steve Meyer"... oh wait, would that be the same Steve Meyer that BLB duped and then fleeced by incessantly pushing his self-serving Obadiah Oldbuck agenda (I heard Meyer lost 50% on a huge investment)?

What does that say about a guy like Beerbohm who shamelessly rips-offs his "friends" (another example being the Widow Bails) like that?

Can you pls clarify what happened here ? I remember those OO threads in Gold :cloud9:

Beerbohm advocated that Obadiah Oldbuck(1842) was the first comic book, more important than Superman, which is just ridiculous.

BLB did so because he had inventory on the item and was looking for one sucker (aka "friend") who would buy into the theory and thus pay a huge amount for the book.

His "friend" Steve Meyer eventually did.

Having been duped by BLB, Meyer tried to argue (defend) his large investment here on the Board, but he crashed and burned.

Too late to realize his folly, Meyer sold out at a huge loss and apparently left the hobby, engaging in other strange pursuits.

not to be contrarian but couldn't you make the same argument that was used on me, that it was up to the buyer to better educate himself and the seller is faultless?

I don't hate you Kav. You are irritating, no doubt, but I don't hate you.

Boboset told you to read more because you stated "I'm not saying this guy is a bad seller" when indeed this guy is a bad seller. He is what bad sellers aspire to be.

I tried to point you in that direction because I think you are most likely a teenager and you went on the defensive, like a teenager and found insults where there are none, like a teenager and post wild stories looking for attention, like a teenager.

I don't think you are Tiny because he was way too obvious and thick as a stump. He wouldn't be able to keep up the ruse this long.

17?

Maybe younger.

it's encouraging to see that you feel your buddy needs 'back up'. cause people winning don't need such help, and this is great confirmation for me....

17?

Maybe younger.

it's encouraging to see that you feel your buddy needs 'back up'. cause people winning don't need such help, and this is great confirmation for me....

Needs back up? lol. Was just passing thur reading threads and I agreed with him that you seem really young. Not that I need to explain myself to a kid. Go take a nap.

Boboset told you to read more because you stated "I'm not saying this guy is a bad seller" when indeed this guy is a bad seller. He is what bad sellers aspire to be.

I tried to point you in that direction because I think you are most likely a teenager and you went on the defensive, like a teenager and found insults where there are none, like a teenager and post wild stories looking for attention, like a teenager.

I don't think you are Tiny because he was way too obvious and thick as a stump. He wouldn't be able to keep up the ruse this long.

I am irritating, I'll grant you that. and I misunderstood babo's comment-it happens. despite what everyone thinks, I haven't been here that long so the inside baseball goes over my head. I do tend to go on the defensive, a result of childhood bullying. It's hard for me to see sometimes. I'm not really looking for attention so much as interaction. I am pretty much a shut-in so the internet is all I have as far as human contact goes.

17?

Maybe younger.

Needs back up? lol. Was just passing thur reading threads and I agreed with him that you seem really young. Not that I need to explain myself to a kid. Go take a nap.

Park: this comment I would see as an insult-would I be over reacting?

Bob may be a lot of things but not sure about the Oldbuck fleecing.

From my understanding there were other sales in that range also.

1 VG copy for 20K and G/VG copy for 20K, (in 2005) and a FR copy for 10K in 2005.

In 2007 an App G copy for $9500, and a fair copy for $4100 in 2008.

Another very low grade bound copy sold for $2,868.00 in 2009

Bob had two copies. I think Meyer bought 3 copies over the years.

Meyer bought a lot of Platinum Age/Victorian Age books. And I found some of the articles interesting.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/Home/4/1/73/1017?articleID=50999

When did the comic crash?

(And don't forget there are variants plus multiple prints of the book as well)

Edit I do see a more current resale of the Apparent GD for $5,377.50 in 2012

But in 2010 another bound copy sold for $2,270.50 with recent offers of 4K.

Kav take a brake.....Your all over the place. Back away and regroup you thoughts. Its really up and down and I can't keep up with the good kav, bad kav,good kav ,bad kav. I'm not insulting you but take a step back.

Kav take a brake.....Your all over the place. Back away and regroup you thoughts. Its really up and down and I can't keep up with the good kav, bad kav,good kav ,bad kav. I'm not insulting you but take a step back.

ok lemme regroup the good the bad and the ugly then I'll Avengers Assemble again.

and I think it's spelled 'break'.

I am irritating, I'll grant you that. and I misunderstood babo's comment-it happens. despite what everyone thinks, I haven't been here that long so the inside baseball goes over my head. I do tend to go on the defensive, a result of childhood bullying. It's hard for me to see sometimes. I'm not really looking for attention so much as interaction. I am pretty much a shut-in so the internet is all I have as far as human contact goes.

:o Bro this is sad. Why are you a shut in?

Try being a little less defensive and I will try being less of a dik.

Bobo's post was a good one actually. Read some old threads and you will find lots of board history. Just talk to people, take your lumps when you make a mistake and not take it personally.

:foryou:

I don't know the older I get the less I want to deal with real people. I just want to stay indoors, reading or watching movies. It drains me to be around people.

ok lemme regroup the good the bad and the ugly then I'll Avengers Assemble again.

Yeah thanks for pointing that out for me...got it 'break'

But did you see past the spelling and see the meaning?

17?

Maybe younger.

Park: this comment I would see as an insult-would I be over reacting?

A little bit. When you are gruff you get gruff in return. I forget that quite a bit myself. Nine times out of ten, I am goofing and having fun but I am pretty sure the perception of me around here is that nine times out of ten, I am being a jerk.

I don't know the older I get the less I want to deal with real people. I just want to stay indoors, reading or watching movies. It drains me to be around people.

Screw that noise. Get outside and jump into the real world. Try to avoid the nutbags and meet some people.

Yeah thanks for pointing that out for me...got it 'break'

But did you see past the spelling and see the meaning?

YES