• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about BLBcomics / Robert Beerbohm

167 posts in this topic

There is only one Jerkfro.

This thread is awesome. There are two wildly different conversations going on in here. lol

Maybe even more, as I agree with those who have always enjoyed blueberry pie.

lol

Pie, Jerkfro and Bob Beerbong. I love this place.

This thread is awesome. There are two wildly different conversations going on in here. lol

lol

Pie, Jerkfro and Bob Beerbong. I love this place.

Don't forget holistic DNA.

I have never had real blueberry pie.

:(

-slym (his favourite fruit is blueberries)

I have never had real blueberry pie.

-slym (his favourite fruit is blueberries)

How have you never had blueberry pie?

A little bit. When you are gruff you get gruff in return. I forget that quite a bit myself. Nine times out of ten, I am goofing and having fun but I am pretty sure the perception of me around here is that nine times out of ten, I am being a jerk.

Ninety percent of the time, you're an a-hole every time.

When did Bob get banned? I must've missed that?

His rants and musings were entertaining at times. And nobody could go off-tangent like he could. He had a very stream-of-consciousness style posting. When he could stay on-topic, he could sometimes provide some interesting insight to the market back in the day (ie, the GL 76 rare in HG thread from years ago).

Arch bans BLB

Long wrangle on the GA board over a deal for some pulps that went off the rails. BLB also did some posting on Facebook that may have played a role.

Did he ever make good on those pulps?

yes, he finally shipped them and buyer received them.

:applause:

Hi Fay. Very glad you're doing better.

:hi:

Hello there!! I am feeling better and working lots as usual. I think I'm going back under the knife and will know very shortly after the Doctors schedule me in for some more X-rays. Thank you for the well wishes. :foryou: I hope all is good with you. :wishluck:

Hello there!! I am feeling better and working lots as usual. I think I'm going back under the knife and will know very shortly after the Doctors schedule me in for some more X-rays. Thank you for the well wishes. :foryou: I hope all is good with you. :wishluck:

Nice to see you posting (thumbs u Very happy to hear you are feeling better.

I just haven't?

Just go to the closest diner and get a slice. Then cross it off your bucket list.

The blueberries there came out of a can. I mean, real blueberry pie, made from fresh blueberries.

Of course I've had the other .

:insane:

-slym

Nice to see you posting (thumbs u Very happy to hear you are feeling better.

+1 Hope everything goes great for you Fay :foryou:

Does anyone know if beerbohm ever had his operation? I remember that at one point he was selling books to raise funds. I sent him $100 and told him to send me some SA/BA Avengers and was surprised when I got a box containing a VFish run from 51 to 65.

It seems he has gone rogue, but the man was a standout in his heyday. Its a shame he has allowed his reputation to be dragged down by his recent actions.

Does anyone know if beerbohm ever had his operation?

Yes he did, hip replacement right here in Los Angeles - the tales of woe of having to be shipped out to India were just part of the sham to elicit sympathy (and more donations/purchases too, of course).

In regards to the operation, Beerbohm actually told a friend of mine that he felt that collectors should have paid for the surgery due to his lofty status in the hobby.

The man's sense of entitlement to other people's money is just mind-boggling.

Does anyone know if beerbohm ever had his operation?

Yes he did, hip replacement right here in Los Angeles - the tales of woe of having to be shipped out to India were just part of the sham to elicit sympathy (and more donations/purchases too, of course).

In regards to the operation, Beerbohm actually told a friend of mine that he felt that collectors should have paid for the surgery due to his lofty status in the hobby.

The man's sense of entitlement to other people's money is just mind-boggling.

That's funny, because the San Diego show after his operation, I had the misfortune of starting the show by walking into the room with another board member and a well known dealer, and Bob took the liberty of shouting obscenities at us because none of us helped him out by giving him money or buying his inventory. I think the conversation went something along the lines of "You can all go F yourselves. You're almost as bad as George Bush, whose the biggest F-in terrorist in the world". Everyone owes Bob.