• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Size Matters. The "I don't like them too big or too small" sale.

88 posts in this topic

The Destroyer magazine from Marvel Comics. Issues 1, 2 and 4. All NM or better. Scans show issue No. 1's front and back and covers to #'s 2 and 3. A census check of CGC shows no copies of any of these issues ever certified. I bet these will be the highest ever certified if submitted to CGC. Price is $12 dollars for the lot of three, plus shipping. Cover by Joe Jusko and interior are by Lee Weeks. The other two are different folks I believe. **Note** Interior is black and white. This guy is like a Punisher type dude, I guess.

Edit: Forgot to mention that issues 2 and 3 were scanned through the plastic bags.

destroyer1front.jpg

destroyer1back.jpg

destroyer2front.jpg

destroyer3front.jpg

Couple of reader Graphic Novels. They are #1.00 each plus shipping.

First is Marada the She-Wolf and the second is Ray Bradbury's Frost and Fire. Both are VG or better. Front scans only.

maradagraphicnovelfront.jpg

frostandfiregraphicnovelfront.jpg

Next is "The Marvel Comics Index", featuring Daredevil. Contains a synopsis of Daredevil issues 1 thru 181 plus several annuals issued up to that point. The it starts into Black Panther, Shanna the She Devil and so on. This does not contain the stories, just a synopsis and the credits for each issue. Condition is better than Fine. Price is .50 cents plus postage. Front scan only.

daredevilindexfront.jpg

Pure Entertainment. Will Eisner et al. I could not find an issue number, but it states "Fall-Winter of 1983". Condition is F/VF or better. Interior is black and white and seems similar to Roger Crumbs work (a little). Price is .50 cents plus shipping. Front scan only.

pureentertainmentfront001.jpg

For Sale. A set of the Gerber Guides (Golden Age). In VF/NM condition. Very nice but a couple of pencil annotations inside. Would erase and make the books near mint most likely. These are heavy so shipping would be a little costly (Media rate can't be that much though). Price for both Volumes 1 and 2 is $70.00 plus shipping. **SOLD**

Also:

For Sale. A set of the Gerber Guides for Marvel comics. In VF/NM or better condition. A little bit of wear on the slip cover edges (book covrs), but real nice set. These are also very heavy and shipping would be costly (book rate can't be that much though). Price for both Volumes 1 and 2 is $40 for the pair plus shipping.

The first set is great for seeing the covers to almost all Golden Age comic books issued, and seeing what Ernie Gerber thinks about their rarity. The Silver Age volumes are great for seeing the covers to all books issued during the heyday of Marvel, after the Golden Age ended. Great pics, info and suggestions concerning storage, collecting, obtaining books, what to invest in, etc.

gerberguidephotos001.jpg

gerberguidephotos002.jpg

Lucky Star from 1950. A western comic book that is small in size and contains 52 pages of color comics. Issue #1. Condition is Fine or better as you can see in the scan. I only have an old Overstreet but the one I have has it wrong about this issue in one regard. It states that it is a #nn, but it clearly shows a No. 1 on the cover. Price is $30.00 plus shipping.

luckystar1front.jpg

luckystar1back.jpg

For Sale. A set of the Gerber Guides (Golden Age). In VF/NM condition. Very nice but a couple of pencil annotations inside. Would erase and make the books near mint most likely. These are heavy so shipping would be a little costly (Media rate can't be that much though). Price for both Volumes 1 and 2 is $70.00 plus shipping.

:takeit:

Whatever the heck this thing is? "Invasion" magazine. Still in the original sealed bag so the scans are done with the bag on. Never opened so I don't know what it contains inside. front and back scans provided. Your price is $1.00

invasionfront.jpg

invasionback.jpg

Thanks

Ike

Pure Entertainment. Will Eisner et al. I could not find an issue number, but it states "Fall-Winter of 1983". Condition is F/VF or better. Interior is black and white and seems similar to Roger Crumbs work (a little). Price is .50 cents plus shipping. Front scan only.

pureentertainmentfront001.jpg

The Marvel Comics Index", featuring Daredevil

Ike

Same as above but Flash Gordon. Largest comics I have. Black and white interior. Original price in 1973 was .69 cents. Your price is $1.50. The condition of this one is Fine. Notice the stains on the front cover by the "N" in Gordon. Something that may come off. It feels high, like food or glue. Anyway, these could be used as coloring books I suppose. They will be the largest comic books you have ever owned.

flashgordongiantbookfront.jpg

Ike

For Sale. A set of the Gerber Guides (Golden Age). In VF/NM condition. Very nice but a couple of pencil annotations inside. Would erase and make the books near mint most likely. These are heavy so shipping would be a little costly (Media rate can't be that much though). Price for both Volumes 1 and 2 is $70.00 plus shipping.

Ha Ha. I was just trying to get some photo's with my digital camera (almost dead batteries) and post them, then I saw your "Take'em" sign. Here are some anyway. Books look stained in photos but they are not. Either my camera did something weird (I used almost dead batteries) or a trick of light thingy. If you don't like them, just send them back and I will refund your money including postage both ways. **Better scans just posted**

gerberguidephotoslastphotos001.jpg

gerberguidephotoslastphotos002.jpg

Ha Ha. I was just trying to get some photo's with my digital camera (almost dead batteries) and post them, then I saw your "Take'em" sign. Here are some anyway. Books look stained in photos but they are not. Either my camera did something weird (I used almost dead batteries) or a trick of light thingy. If you don't like them, just send them back and I will refund your money including postage both ways.

gerberguidephotos003.jpg

gerberguidephotos004.jpg

Awesome score! I need to hunt these down hm

Upcoming are three Monster gag Mags, all by Stan Lee and all #1's.

First up is this gem, which has a black and white interior and the condition is as you see it. G/VG-. Price is $2.00 plus shipping. front scan only.

monstersunlimitedbystanleefront2nd.jpg

Next up is another gem. Monster Madness #1 by Stan Lee. Black and white interior. About VG condition. Price is $4.00 plus shipping. front and back scans.

monstermadness1front.jpg

monstermadness1back.jpg

Next up is The Haunt of Horror #1 by Stan Lee. Also has a black and white interior. Price is $4.00 plus shipping. Condition is F. Front and back scans.

hauntofhorror1magfront.jpg

hauntofhorror1magback.jpg

Two Conan books. One paperback in English and one hardcover which is in Spanish. .50 cents each. VF condition. front scan only.

coupleofconanbooksfront.jpg

Sure, both... :takeit:

Couple of reader Graphic Novels. They are #1.00 each plus shipping.

maradagraphicnovelfront.jpg

Per Wikipedia: "Marada is also more sensual than Red Sonja, perhaps due to Bolton's drawings." :grin:

Yep, works for me! :takeit:

C

Next is "The Marvel Comics Index", featuring Daredevil. Contains a synopsis of Daredevil issues 1 thru 181 plus several annuals issued up to that point. The it starts into Black Panther, Shanna the She Devil and so on. This does not contain the stories, just a synopsis and the credits for each issue. Condition is better than Fine. Price is .50 cents plus postage. Front scan only.

daredevilindexfront.jpg

C

daredevilindexfront.jpg

**SOLD**. I just packaged up your other items, and now have to unpack them and pack them.

Your killing me!

Ha Ha Just kidding. Thanks.