• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

Something that strikes me as very odd behavior is to resub pressed books with visible defects. Like that eye-catching corner chip, defects that aren't going to dry clean or press away.

Why even take a chance that a $5000 8.5 might return as an 8.0? Major cajones IMO. screwy.gif

chipped80.jpg

I looked again at the Heritage lot. I'll just add that IMO, after looking at that horrible front cover-- if one were STILL considering buying it, does it really matter aboiut th eback cover? In terms of scrutinizing it? Id read the description to see what kind of resto it had and be done.

So, for the record, I agree with Filter that NOT mentioning the Xerox back cover was a huge oversight by Heritage. If it were "so obvious" as others have mentioned here, then it was obvious to Heritage. And in my experience a wxerox back cover IS somtehing that needs to be listed in descriptions. Its not all that common, and its not part of the book! Its a replaced page... usually noted as "pieces added". Here is was a whopper of a piece!

For what it's worth, I too thought it was inexcusable (and actionable) for Heritage not to mention this in the description. Hence my urging Filter to take action. But I accept his explanation of why he didn't (although I don't think it would have ever gotten to real legal fees, as an initial letter from a law firm is probably all it would've taken gossip.gif).

Timmey, are you speculating?

You sly dog.

You had me at "For what it's worth"

Ze-

Why are you guys letting the Heritage apologists derail this thread? They must be loving the fact that the sole focus is now upon whether or not Filter should have "known better".

Who cares?

It's an intentional distraction.....and it's working. gossip.gif

It is not intentional distraction, jerk. It's a tangent that people wanted to talk about. Quit whining.

Actually, I may as well tell you to quit breathing. Nevermind, carry on. sleeping.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifhail.gif

Principles?

C'mon. If you had absolutely no 'stake' in this, you wouldn't be saying a word right now.

I'm not selling any books on Comiclink. And yet I included them in the list of victims of unfair speculation. confused-smiley-013.gif The focus of this thread has just turned out to be on Heritage because they were the subject of the speculation in the post that I initially responded to.

I'm not so much surprised that there are people that continue to do a lot of business with Heritage, just surprised they would admit it

Yeah, I'd hate to be labeled as "not cool" by all the cool, cynical, negative-about-everything in-crowd.

and defend Heritage with such zeal.

I'm sorry that you can't seem to get past the particular facts here and recognize the underlying principles involved. frown.gif

I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that there is something very,very wrong with the hobby we all love and time after time,Heritage and CGC seem to be right smack in the middle of every such frustrated.gif episode.

Shad, show me satisfactory proof and I'll be leading the pitchfork brigade, okay?

I looked again at the Heritage lot. I'll just add that IMO, after looking at that horrible front cover-- if one were STILL considering buying it, does it really matter aboiut th eback cover? In terms of scrutinizing it? Id read the description to see what kind of resto it had and be done.

So, for the record, I agree with Filter that NOT mentioning the Xerox back cover was a huge oversight by Heritage. If it were "so obvious" as others have mentioned here, then it was obvious to Heritage. And in my experience a wxerox back cover IS somtehing that needs to be listed in descriptions. Its not all that common, and its not part of the book! Its a replaced page... usually noted as "pieces added". Here is was a whopper of a piece!

For what it's worth, I too thought it was inexcusable (and actionable) for Heritage not to mention this in the description. Hence my urging Filter to take action. But I accept his explanation of why he didn't (although I don't think it would have ever gotten to real legal fees, as an initial letter from a law firm is probably all it would've taken gossip.gif).

One phone call. gossip.gif

I'm not so much surprised that there are people that continue to do a lot of business with Heritage, just surprised they would admit it

Yeah, I'd hate to be labeled as "not cool" by all the cool, cynical, negative-about-everything in-crowd.

I'm sorry that you can't seem to get past the particular facts here and recognize the underlying principles involved. frown.gif

I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that there is something very,very wrong with the hobby we all love and time after time,Heritage and CGC seem to be right smack in the middle of every such frustrated.gif episode.

Shad, show me satisfactory proof and I'll be leading the pitchfork brigade, okay?

Sorry Tim. You're not invited.

Shut up, Chris. You remind me of the little boy yelling insults at everybody while hiding behind his father.

Is the basis for your argument based more on principle?

YES! Just because Heritage are everybody's favorite whipping boy doesn't mean I'm not going to defend them if I feel it's justified. The peer pressure here to conform is massive.

Tim Tim Tim... I cant wait til you sell your books on Heritage so you can be back with the cool guys again! We can wait big fella. Just another month to go. : )

But that's just part of my collection! More will be sold early next year (perhaps with *shudder* Heritage or perhaps with *gasp* Comiclink). I guess I will just remain persona non grata with all the cool kids for the foreseeable future. grin.gif

Shut up, Chris. You remind me of the little boy yelling insults at everybody while hiding behind his father.

Uh oh. Sounds like a challenge. Bring it on tough guy. poke2.gif

Uh oh. Sounds like a challenge. Bring it on tough guy. poke2.gif

...says the little boy hiding behind the Pacific Ocean. 27_laughing.gif

bumpit.gifbumpit.gifbumpit.gif

The newer version of Master Comics #22 (0717287002) was graded on September 19, 2005. It carries a subsequent serial number to that of the altered version of Sensation Comics #1 (0717287001) Crowley Copy. As far as I have been able to ascertain, no other book is serialized following this numbered sequence. The older version of Master Comics #22 is not searchable in the CS database.
bumpit.gifbumpit.gifbumpit.gif

Hey Mark,

Is there any way you could ask Halperin exactly who the dealer was he claims sold him that Sensation 1 CGC 9.2? I'd ask him myself, but I doubt he'd respond.

After Halperin told that story about buying the Sensation 1 from another dealer, I contacted a number of people and all of them said they never owned the book....

27_laughing.gif

Says the guy in Hong Kong. foreheadslap.gif

I wasn't the one saying "bring it on tough guy" to someone I knew lived a continent away! makepoint.gif

You compare me to someone shouting insults while hiding behind my father? That's the equivalent of calling me a coward, and implies that I wouldn't say these things to your face. I would, and I will if we meet.

I think we're both above playing the internet tough guy card, so let's just leave it until that day happens. thumbsup2.gif