• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manufactured Gold

2,576 posts in this topic

I looked again at the Heritage lot. I'll just add that IMO, after looking at that horrible front cover-- if one were STILL considering buying it, does it really matter aboiut th eback cover? In terms of scrutinizing it? Id read the description to see what kind of resto it had and be done.

So, for the record, I agree with Filter that NOT mentioning the Xerox back cover was a huge oversight by Heritage. If it were "so obvious" as others have mentioned here, then it was obvious to Heritage. And in my experience a wxerox back cover IS somtehing that needs to be listed in descriptions. Its not all that common, and its not part of the book! Its a replaced page... usually noted as "pieces added". Here is was a whopper of a piece!

For what it's worth, I too thought it was inexcusable (and actionable) for Heritage not to mention this in the description. Hence my urging Filter to take action. But I accept his explanation of why he didn't (although I don't think it would have ever gotten to real legal fees, as an initial letter from a law firm is probably all it would've taken gossip.gif).

One phone call. gossip.gif

I think you are forgetting the rest of Filters history with Heritage as he related it here. No way one phone call from you or F.Lee or even Roy Cohn Himself was gonna fix this for Filter. Sorry counselor. If it were his first run-in sure. But if it were, HE could have solved it himself.. It was time for Filter to take his half a Batman #1 and move on.

Tim Tim Tim... I cant wait til you sell your books on Heritage so you can be back with the cool guys again! We can wait big fella. Just another month to go. : )

But that's just part of my collection! More will be sold early next year (perhaps with *shudder* Heritage or perhaps with *gasp* Comiclink). I guess I will just remain persona non grata with all the cool kids for the foreseeable future. grin.gif

You know there are good guys around for you to use to sell your books! hi.gif

bumpit.gifbumpit.gifbumpit.gif
The newer version of Master Comics #22 (0717287002) was graded on September 19, 2005. It carries a subsequent serial number to that of the altered version of Sensation Comics #1 (0717287001) Crowley Copy. As far as I have been able to ascertain, no other book is serialized following this numbered sequence. The older version of Master Comics #22 is not searchable in the CS database.
bumpit.gifbumpit.gifbumpit.gif

Hey Mark,

Is there any way you could ask Halperin exactly who the dealer was he claims sold him that Sensation 1 CGC 9.2? I'd ask him myself, but I doubt he'd respond.

After Halperin told that story about buying the Sensation 1 from another dealer, I contacted a number of people and all of them said they never owned the book....

I can ask.

I looked again at the Heritage lot. I'll just add that IMO, after looking at that horrible front cover-- if one were STILL considering buying it, does it really matter aboiut th eback cover? In terms of scrutinizing it? Id read the description to see what kind of resto it had and be done.

So, for the record, I agree with Filter that NOT mentioning the Xerox back cover was a huge oversight by Heritage. If it were "so obvious" as others have mentioned here, then it was obvious to Heritage. And in my experience a wxerox back cover IS somtehing that needs to be listed in descriptions. Its not all that common, and its not part of the book! Its a replaced page... usually noted as "pieces added". Here is was a whopper of a piece!

For what it's worth, I too thought it was inexcusable (and actionable) for Heritage not to mention this in the description. Hence my urging Filter to take action. But I accept his explanation of why he didn't (although I don't think it would have ever gotten to real legal fees, as an initial letter from a law firm is probably all it would've taken gossip.gif).

One phone call. gossip.gif

I think you are forgetting the rest of Filters history with Heritage as he related it here. No way one phone call from you or F.Lee or even Roy Cohn Himself was gonna fix this for Filter. Sorry counselor. If it were his first run-in sure. But if it were, HE could have solved it himself.. It was time for Filter to take his half a Batman #1 and move on.

You underestimate my super powers! makepoint.gifacclaim.gifflowerred.gif

Principles?

C'mon. If you had absolutely no 'stake' in this, you wouldn't be saying a word right now.

I'm not selling any books on Comiclink. And yet I included them in the list of victims of unfair speculation. confused-smiley-013.gif The focus of this thread has just turned out to be on Heritage because they were the subject of the speculation in the post that I initially responded to.

Let's connect the dots.....

Tim Tim Tim... I cant wait til you sell your books on Heritage so you can be back with the cool guys again! We can wait big fella. Just another month to go. : )

But that's just part of my collection! More will be sold early next year (perhaps with *shudder* Heritage or perhaps with *gasp* Comiclink). I guess I will just remain persona non grata with all the cool kids for the foreseeable future. grin.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Is the basis for your argument based more on principle?

YES! Just because Heritage are everybody's favorite whipping boy doesn't mean I'm not going to defend them if I feel it's justified. The peer pressure here to conform is massive.

I think the adjective you're looking for there at the end is "pathetic," not massive. It's like eighth grade all over again. smirk.gif

Principles?

C'mon. If you had absolutely no 'stake' in this, you wouldn't be saying a word right now.

I'm not selling any books on Comiclink. And yet I included them in the list of victims of unfair speculation. confused-smiley-013.gif The focus of this thread has just turned out to be on Heritage because they were the subject of the speculation in the post that I initially responded to.

893blahblah.gif

I wish someone would sue one of you guys for libel so that you'd realize there ARE repercussions for publicly printing your unfounded speculation.

Better yet, one of these days you'll be the VICTIM of such speculation. No doubt you'll be whining like a champ if that ever happens (well, in Beyonder's case, I case we'd have to separate THAT whining from his normal whining). 27_laughing.gif

Is the basis for your argument based more on principle?

YES! Just because Heritage are everybody's favorite whipping boy doesn't mean I'm not going to defend them if I feel it's justified. The peer pressure here to conform is massive.

I think the adjective you're looking for there at the end is "pathetic," not massive. It's like eighth grade all over again. smirk.gif

thumbsup2.gif

This from a guy who's gone so far as to label me a Nazi in an effort to discredit my opinions. screwy.gif

You sling mud all day long, and get frustrated when I question your motives. Your posts border on propaganda at times, and yet you still continue to play the victim.

As I stated earlier in this thread, if one feels I've slandered them with my comments....take me to task on it. Better yet....take me to court.

The truth shall set me free.

Good day. wink.gif

Tim:

It's not speculation to state that Josh was willing to list (and did) known Jason Ewert books on his site without disclosure. That's a fact.

After conducting an studied examination of the high-resolution images, I believe the copy was slightly treated by a combination of cleaning and pressing technique. The soiling, which was predominantly visible on the rear cover surface area, shows of minor cleaning improvement. While the easing in the appearance of both a lower-left edge crease and a slightly blunt corner may have been produced by pressing.

MasterChief,

I have to agree with your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Principles?

893blahblah.gif

I wish someone would sue one of you guys for libel so that you'd realize there ARE repercussions for publicly printing your unfounded speculation.

Better yet, one of these days you'll be the VICTIM of such speculation. No doubt you'll be whining like a champ if that ever happens (well, in Beyonder's case, I case we'd have to separate THAT whining from his normal whining). 27_laughing.gif

I'd absolutely ADORE being sued over any comments i've made, or any so called, "lack of definitive proof" statements. PLEASE!!!!! take me to court 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

THEN, perhaps...we could start to get down to the REAL nitty gritty of this evil scam going on. I have aplenty, of "evidence" to use in a court of law, to substantiate my claims. PLUS...I have both the TIME & MONEY to take it to a HIGHER court, if need be 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

lol you've got to be kidding. How many times has this been discussed? Based on my understanding of the law (which is limited) for something to be libel it has to be a claim that first of all can be proven to be either true or false. (You can't be sued for libel for an opinion.) And the claim also has to in fact, be false. (Truth is the ultimate defense in a libel claim. This would be Heritage's biggest obstacle in my opinion should they ever decide to sue someone for libel.)

Almost every single post tth, you talk about people being irresponsible, and posting opinions as facts, and making claims that aren't true. And yet, unless I'm missing something, you still haven't been able to show one, not ONE, example of this going on despite all the times you have been asked to do so.

Please show me one sentence where someone represents an opinion as fact. Or represents something to definitely be true that in fact is not true. Basically one single statement from this now 58 page thread that you feel rises to the legal definition of libel. (And please no excuses for having a weak example like "Well this is the first one I found." Please pick the best example you can think of. You now have 58 pages to choose from. If this is a serious problem the way you are making it out to be, you should be able to find some very good examples)

To be honest, tth, I don't see anyone putting pressure on you to conform to anything. Nobody is saying you shouldn't buy from Heritage, or you shouldn't sell with Heritage. You are the one telling people what they should and shouldn't talk about. (And please don't say that its ok for people to talk about whatever they want as long as its done responsibly. Because until you can list some solid examples to the contrary, I would submit that most, if not all, of the dialog thus far has been responsible and carefully worded.)

One of the differences between the 'camps' here is that some people are party to information, or experience, that others aren't. The fact that that experience isn't shared, or is not in the public domain, does not automatically render it 'opinion'. Nor does it render it untrue, simply because it is not common knowledge.

Everyone has their 'sources'...everyone...but there is a tendency towards dismissing information gained from sources as 'heresay' or 'speculation' unless you've heard the same thing yourself, or have got a name, address, telephone number and are able (if you so wish) to check out the information yourself.

I'm sorry you can't seem to understand that there is something very, very wrong with the hobby we all love and time after time Heritage and CGC seem to be right smack in the middle of every such frustrated.gif episode.

It must be the end times. shad and I agree on something. oh oh. 893whatthe.gif

Tim:

It's not speculation to state that Josh was willing to list (and did) known Jason Ewert books on his site without disclosure. That's a fact.

I didn`t say that Comiclink (or Heritage) wasn`t guilty of anything. gossip.gif

Do you remember earlier in this thread when you challenged me to list some examples of unfounded speculation, and I mentioned the speculation that has been made on these boards many times that Comiclink shills bidders` prices up to their maximum? That`s the unfair speculation on Comiclink that I was referring to. Do you need me to launch into an explanation of why that speculation was based upon evidence that could be characterized as anecdotal at best?