• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I'm just very amazed and hm . With all the recent additionals Showcase 22 added to the CGC census yesterday, why aren't there any 5.5 and under for sale in the marketplace...at least those are the more affordable copy. ;)

I think people are waiting right before the movie to sell them so they can maximize profits.

That's my situation. Guilty as charged, unless I have a change of heart on my raw 4.0. hm

I'm just very amazed and hm . With all the recent additionals Showcase 22 added to the CGC census yesterday, why aren't there any 5.5 and under for sale in the marketplace...at least those are the more affordable copy. ;)

I think people are waiting right before the movie to sell them so they can maximize profits.

That's my situation. Guilty as charged, unless I have a change of heart on my raw 4.0. hm

Seems like finding a solid graded 3.0,3.5,4.0 is good enough for some folks. But they are being snatched up like, $1100, $1400, $1700. There is currently very few copies in the marketplace...another price move up...so more supply to come out? Time will tell. hm

always nice to see SC 22's pop up

Have you come across any new ones lately?

Were there any copies at the New York show this weekend?

I have been offered several copies lately, passed...

I was watching Florida football this weekend (and every weekend in the fall)...don't goto shows (miss Balt every year, and this year NY)

I was watching Florida football this weekend (and every weekend in the fall)...don't goto shows (miss Balt every year, and this year NY)

You mean you were "nervously" watching Gator f'ball this weekend... :wishluck:

- Arkansas boy

- Arkansas boy

frustrated is more like it...

Why'd you pass on them? Just curious... :)

- Arkansas boy

I hate to say it, but the Gators are starting to look more like the 2005 USC Trojans as the season goes on - a dominant team that gets knocked off in a big game due to underperformance on one side of the ball. For the Trojans, their D was an issue, but I think it is the O that is the problem for the Gators.

Why'd you pass on them? Just curious... :)

I only bought and resold 4.0 and higher...all of these were lower (thumbs u

- Arkansas boy

I hate to say it, but the Gators are starting to look more like the 2005 USC Trojans as the season goes on - a dominant team that gets knocked off in a big game due to underperformance on one side of the ball. For the Trojans, their D was an issue, but I think it is the O that is the problem for the Gators.

this past weekend, it was tebow holding onto the ball too long...4 of the 6 sacks were easily avoidable... our Oline is fine (thumbs u (heck, we had the #2 rushing attack in the country)

- Arkansas boy

this past weekend, it was tebow holding onto the ball too long...4 of the 6 sacks were easily avoidable... our Oline is fine (thumbs u (heck, we had the #2 rushing attack in the country)

But how many of those rushing yards are Tebow? And yes, I know you have two good backs and a good o-line as well. The biggest concern is the lack of receiving talent, to be honest, and Tebow's general "average" rating as a throwing QB. It will be interesting to see you and Bama slug it out for the SEC title in December.

That being said, I just have this feeling about the Gators this year like I did about the Trojans in 2005 and even the Patriots against the Giants. You know that on paper they are overwhelming favorites, but you start to see things pop up throughout the season that can give you warning signs and as they add up anything can happen.

FWIW, I think that the Gators playcalling (and the SEC as a whole, to be honest) is a bit too conservative. Granted, with Harvin catching passes for Favre you do not have a legitimate deep threat to stretch the field any longer, but I also think that Meyer et al are calling games against tougher foes from a "not to lose" perspective instead of attacking.

Just got this puppy back from CGC today!!! :banana: I'm very pleased with the grade and especially for th page quality.. Offwhite pages.. I am now officially in the SC 22 club :acclaim:

Picture390.jpg

:applause:

Just got this puppy back from CGC today!!! :banana: I'm very pleased with the grade and especially for th page quality.. Offwhite pages.. I am now officially in the SC 22 club :acclaim:

Picture390.jpg

Awesome copy and nice pages too! You have conquered your SC22 quest. Congrats!

showcasecovblack-1.jpg