• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I wonder if the reserve on the 9.2 was 250K. hm  Interesting to see if the book will be offered again.

I wonder if the seller wanted to sell the book or just gauge the market. Maybe the reserve was so high it was not going to sell. Maybe I am completely wrong but hey.

201 000$ seems like a reasonable sale price. Maybe the highest bidder will end up receiving a offer from the seller for what he truly wants again that is if he wanted to sell the book.

Edited by SC22

20 hours ago, SC22 said:

I wonder if the seller wanted to sell the book or just gauge the market. Maybe the reserve was so high it was not going to sell. Maybe I am completely wrong but hey.

201 000$ seems like a reasonable sale price. Maybe the highest bidder will end up receiving a offer from the seller for what he truly wants again that is if he wanted to sell the book.

I'm sure the seller wants to make a profit on it, so 201K will not do it. As you said, perhaps if a higher offer (with profits)...it will sell.

4 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I'm sure the seller wants to make a profit on it, so 201K will not do it. As you said, perhaps if a higher offer (with profits)...it will sell.

Are you saying that the owner paid near to 200 000$ for it himself? I thought the book was up graded over time?

Just now, SC22 said:

Are you saying that the owner paid near to 200 000$ for it himself? I thought the book was up graded over time?

It sold as a 9.2 in CL for around 60K.  Reece sold it perhaps 200-250K? He did sell a nice 8.5 to Foolkiller for 60K and originally listed at his site for 75K.

Just now, showcase22gr1959 said:

It sold as a 9.2 in CL for around 60K.  Reece sold it perhaps 200-250K? He did sell a nice 8.5 to Foolkiller for 60K and originally listed at his site for 75K.

That makes sens. Don't how long it will take to reach say 300 000$.

I had the top bid on that when i put in a tracking bid. I then looked at it and started praying I would loose. The Comic Link 6.0 today was much nicer and I just missed. I would have loved it but my wife would not have understood. Bought too much lately.

16 hours ago, Terry E. said:

I had the top bid on that when i put in a tracking bid. I then looked at it and started praying I would loose. The Comic Link 6.0 today was much nicer and I just missed. I would have loved it but my wife would not have understood. Bought too much lately.

I figured FMV for a decent 6.0 was about $8k-$9k, but I wonder if the "verified" sig gave that Voldy 6.0 a bump....

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

This SC22 CGC 6.0 has been on ComicLink for a long time it was at 7000$ for the longest while now up to 7200$ but still with recent sales putting 6.0's at 8500$ to 9200$ still wonder why it is only at 7200$.

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dshowcase%2B22%26GO2%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB&id=1168183

On 9/13/2017 at 9:50 PM, Jaydogrules said:

On 9/13/2017 at 9:01 PM, SC22 said:

The SC22 CGC 6.5 sold this evening at ComicConnect for 9000$.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=727481

Book looks over graded for a 6.5.  I'm sure that's reflected in the price.  

-J.

Definitely. It looks like a 3.5/4.0 copy in a 6.5 label. 

4 hours ago, LaxThanatos said:

For us low grade SC22 owners, looks like we are seeing a nice uptick in sales at the 2.5 - 3.0 range

SC22GPA.jpg

Like I have said before to me SC22 is the book with the most long term potential of all SA books in terms of value. This book is very hard to locate in 6.0 and higher (even in lower grades compared to almost all SA key books) and hey it's the Green Lantern.

Think about it you can buy this book for less than 10 000$ in 6.0 that is very cheap compared to SC4 or some other key SA books.

Edited by SC22