• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,793 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2017 at 1:52 PM, namisgr said:

All true, but it's got an awesome new Gil Kane cover.

The first 9.8 would most definitely fetch silly money, especially since it can be argued that #3,452 for the Fantucchio copy is already silly money.

You are correct in that it is silly money however it won't hold up. I was the underbidder. Apparently the top bidder is either unwilling or unable to follow through so they offered me the book for my underbid... which I declined as I didn't feel that I should bid against myself and pay a price that was inflated by a thrill bidder. 

I assume it will just go to auction again at some point. Sweet copy for a 9.6, hence my silly bid. The last 9.6 I had wasn't a 9.6 as it had a corner crease on the front cover. On a black cover book, even a small crease stood out like a sore thumb.

I'd love to see what a 9.8 would fetch, if one ever gets certified.

30 minutes ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

Was able to work out a trade deal with Metro for this. Been wanting a Suscha News squarebound. Thanks to Barton for the scan ?

Great book, Thomas!

(I tried to improve the Metro scan with only limited success. But the book should be scanned again to reveal all its glory.)

5 hours ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

Was able to work out a trade deal with Metro for this. Been wanting a Suscha News squarebound. Thanks to Barton for the scan ?

Wow, great addition to your Registry Set, Thomas. Pedigreed and with pages whiter than the feathers on Thor's helm! Congrats! (worship)

16 hours ago, djpinkpanther67 said:

IMG_0338.JPG

Oh, yeah!

14 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

59616458975ff_MarvelSpotlight3.thumb.jpg.334f475a18d96cd63dd3b07de5272ac4.jpg596164622d19c_MarvelSpotlight4.thumb.jpg.060cc0f13eea722248ae066d55d13f37.jpg

Ploog's art was especially well suited for horror books.  (thumbsu

It's impressive to look back on how many really good artists were at the big two companies during the picture frame era.