• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,796 posts in this topic

The MOTP 17 and the COTL 15 are very hard books to find in uber high grade.

I must have just got lucky then, as I have HG multiples of all the MOTP (and at least singles of all the COTL books), including 17, but those black cover Marvel Tales are tough for some reason.

You are very fortunate. I have owned 5 copies of this with the highest grade coming back a 9.4.

I must have just got lucky then, as I have HG multiples of all the MOTP (and at least singles of all the COTL books), including 17, but those black cover Marvel Tales are tough for some reason.

You are very fortunate. I have owned 5 copies of this with the highest grade coming back a 9.4.

:popcorn:

I found these in my Oakland Pedigree box digging around. Guess Our Love Story's really not a picture frame, but was a cool cover.

SpecialMarvelEdition4Oakland-NMfc_zps1d4c108b.jpg

MyLove14Oakland-NMfc_zps87ae758d.jpg

OurLoveStory13Oakland-NMfc_zpsf2dd61c2.jpg

I think a blood vessel in my brain just exploded.

These copies are unbelievable! I've never seen anything like them nor believed they existed in these grades.

These copies are unbelievable! I've never seen anything like them nor believed they existed in these grades.

Oh, they exist, they're just tucked into collections throughout the world and rarely see the light of day.

I had a 9.X of SME 4 that I was going to scan, but now that I see that one, I won't even bother. And that My Love 14, I've got nothing even in the same Zip Code.

Do you have a HG Monsters on the prowl #20 JC? I have found it impossible to find a HG raw copy .

Really? I have a whole bunch of those (maybe 5?), and even have a couple of few scans from books I've bought. The nicest one is probably from the same lot as that MOTP 17.

Yeah! Really, impossible to find in HG over here, never seen a nice enough one on ebay to make me want to buy a copy either, there is a CGC 9.4 and 9.6 that have been on ebay for ages, and will still be there for years to come because of the ridiculous prices that is being asked for them.

Really nice books, JC.

This thread has had a bit of a renaissance lately. It's great to see these books.

Ditto, JC. Great books!

Hey, Barton... you ain't a kiddin'. I'm getting pumped over the recent PF activity! :applause:

Just a few scans I did this evening of 3 odd Oakland's.

SpecialMarvelEdition6Oakland-NM_zpscabb6cd3.jpg

Okay...this is another tough hombre to score. (worship)

If I'm not mistaken, there is only one copy currently certified by CGC.

Where in the heck are all the other high grade examples? (shrug)

It's strange, but I honestly didn't even know anyone that liked Picture Frame books in the 90's. I loved them, and just thought the frame was terrific, so I tried to buy the nicest copies I could find back then. They were so inexpensive, but hard to find strict NM copies of the oddball monster, war, and love issues. ;) I also loved the PF reprints. Like Marvel Tales, Marvel Super-Heroes, Marvel Triple-Action, and Marvel Double-Feature.

I guess I just love the 20 and 25 centers from when I was in elementary school and hooked on comics. :)

Sounds like you’re just another pea in the picture-frame pod. lol

And you've come to the right place, as the Framers that read and post in this here thread are hooked on the 3-D picture frame production run!

Speaking of production run...

I just finished the latest update to the ole PF spreadsheet.

As it stands, I was finally able to nail the last remaining unidentified cover artist as being John Severin (Ringo Kid #13), thanks to a recent auction of the original cover art, no less.

picture-frame-timeline_1x1.gif

picture-frame-timeline_2x1.gif

picture-frame-timeline_3x1.gif

63831cc8-5a67-4972-8dbe-5282324214ae.gif

Cosmic Shel

... you are just killing it!

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Did you pick up the My Love 14 in the 90s as well? That's insanely tough to come by. There was an advertised 9.2 at my LCS a few years ago, but it had several small white ticks on the spine (was more like a VF to VF/NM to me)... I asked to have the owner lower it, and the next day it was gone. :(