• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,796 posts in this topic

I think a blood vessel in my brain just exploded.

My thought exactly - those two PFs are among the toughest to get in HG, and in the case of the Woodstock cover, one of the highest demand esoteric books.

Time for some Oakland Monster Picture Frames. I hope posting raws is OK, if not, please let me know.

They're all welcome. And all drool-worthy.

Amen to that, GT.

Incredible books, Shel! :golfclap:

Marvel Monster PFs are among my favorites.

Loved them as a kid back in the day, love 'em now!

Never tire of seeing examples that survive in such an exceptional preservation state. (thumbs u

Never tire of seeing examples that survive in such an exceptional preservation state. (thumbs u

I've got quite a few copies of the PF horror books, but those black Marvel Tales are much harder to find.

It's also nice to see that even the Oakland copy of Monster on the Prowl 14 has the same printing defect as all my copies. :cloud9:

The MOTP 17 and the COTL 15 are very hard books to find in uber high grade.

I must have just got lucky then, as I have HG multiples of all the MOTP (and at least singles of all the COTL books), including 17, but those black cover Marvel Tales are tough for some reason.

147000.jpg.dc74cf761647afbe5fa2fcdb9fc47126.jpg

I must have just got lucky then, as I have HG multiples of all the MOTP (and at least singles of all the COTL books), including 17, but those black cover Marvel Tales are tough for some reason.

Do you have a HG Monsters on the prowl #20 JC? I have found it impossible to find a HG raw copy .

Do you have a HG Monsters on the prowl #20 JC? I have found it impossible to find a HG raw copy .

Really? I have a whole bunch of those (maybe 5?), and even have a couple of scans from books I've bought. The nicest one is probably from the same lot as that MOTP 17.

147002.jpg.d5014beef769ce04a52f226845337ce0.jpg

147004.jpg.577ec792847f5362a26d7b9ada7e8a6b.jpg

147005.jpg.b4342e3150d2737bd2146084c640b6b9.jpg

The top one might be better (nicer corners), but it has some weird manufacturing issue on the top-left corner, like it got jigged at the printer.

For some reason these started popping up about 2005 or so, and I bought quite a few around the same time - I am thinking there was some kind of warehouse find and that book was part of it? (shrug)

I'll check to see if I have a copy when I get home, and if I do I'll post a pic. I stopped buying back in 99', so any copies I have will be purchased in the 90's.

It's strange, but I honestly didn't even know anyone that liked Picture Frame books in the 90's. I loved them, and just thought the frame was terrific, so I tried to buy the nicest copies I could find back then. They were so inexpensive, but hard to find strict NM copies of the oddball monster, war, and love issues. ;) I also loved the PF reprints. Like Marvel Tales, Marvel Super-Heroes, Marvel Triple-Action, and Marvel Double-Feature.

I guess I just love the 20 and 25 centers from when I was in elementary school and hooked on comics. :)

I've always liked these because they were the books I remember getting passed down to me from older friends& family, and my friend's older brothers, etc. I just missed them by a few years.

I never liked the late-SA Marvels (too simplistic/generic for me), but to me, these books were what Marvels were all about, and the sheer selection and imagination was incredible. Romance, Western, Horror, Funny Animal, Feminist - all genres that were dead when I really started up buying.