• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Marvel Picture Frame books
23 23

4,797 posts in this topic

Killer books, Mitch. The Suschas always seem to have great colors. These books are no exception.

Thanks, Barton.

And I completely agree. Moreover, I'll scans a few more raw Suscha PF examples when I get the chance to cement the point in kind. (thumbs u

Some great books there, Monstro. You've really been bringing it lately.

No kidding!

Outstanding selection of picture frames, Monstro. Thank you for sharing.

The Roy Thomas penned Kree Skrull War is one of the best storylines ever written.

And as a good friend of mine once said in reminiscent reflection...

"Boy could Roy Thomas write!"

:applause::golfclap::applause::golfclap:

An update from the Department of Useless Information:

There are still 19 Picture Frame books without a single CGC 9.4 or better copy. And 33 with just one 9.4 or better copy.

Li'l Kids and Millie the Model continue to be non-existent or elusive in nice shape. Westerns, Romance, and reprint books round out the list. Probably no real surprises here. Although Rawhide Kid #105 stands out for me since the other Rawhides do seem to show up every now and then.

Zero copies in CGC 9.4 or better:

Harvey #3

Harvey #5

Li'l Kids #4

Li'l Kids #5

Li'l Kids #6

Li'l Kids #7

Li'l Kids #9

Mighty Marvel Western #18

Millie The Model #194

Millie The Model #195

Millie The Model #196

Millie The Model #197

Millie The Model #198

Millie The Model #199

My Love #20

Our Love Story #20

Rawhide Kid #105

Ringo Kid #17

Special Marvel Edition #4

One copy in CGC 9.4 or better:

Chili #18

Chili #19

Chili #20

Harvey #6

Kid Colt Outlaw #158

Kid Colt Outlaw #164

Li'l Pals #1

Li'l Pals #2

Marvel's Greatest Comics #34

Marvel's Greatest Comics #39

Marvel Triple Action #6

Mighty Marvel Western #16

Mighty Marvel Western #17

My Love #14

My Love #16

My Love #18

My Love #19

Our Love Story #17

Our Love Story #18

Our Love Story #19

Rawhide Kid #103

Ringo Kid #13

Ringo Kid #14

Ringo Kid #15

Special Marvel Edition #6

Two-Gun Kid #101

Two-Gun Kid #102

Two-Gun Kid #103

Western Gunfighters #8

Western Gunfighters #10

Western Kid #3

Western Kid #5

Wyatt Earp #31

I know some of these books could be out there raw in collections. But it makes me wonder if some of these books will ever show up in high grade.

From my experience buying picture frames when they were new, I think the reprint, humor, love, and western comics spent much more time on the spinner racks than the brand new superhero issues, as they were much slower sellers. More time on the racks meant more opportunity to be pawed and bent over, which put spine stress lines into the books.

The reprint issues I bought off the rack (Marvel Tales, X-Men, Marvel's Greatest Comics, Marvel Triple Action) all have spine stresses from being bent forward by folks skimming through the racks. Couple that with the lower print runs and the younger age of the average humor comic reader, and you've got the formula for tough books to find in near mint shape.

I think most of those Romance, Western, reprint and humor titles were published bi-monthly. Do you know if they were left on the racks longer because they were bi-monthly, or was it just that fewer people were buying them?

Both.

I think most of those Romance, Western, reprint and humor titles were published bi-monthly. Do you know if they were left on the racks longer because they were bi-monthly, or was it just that fewer people were buying them?

Both.

Its not that they were printed bi-monthly, its that they were published irregularly. Look at the printing dates for Marvel Triple Action during the Pictureframe era, you have issues that are monthly, the next is bimonthly, the next quarterly, it was all random.