• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con GA Geekfest

92 posts in this topic

One of the highlights of my last four SD Cons has been the gathering at RHG's place. The weather is perfect, the food outstanding and the atmosphere congenial. It's a winner even before we break out the funny books and "ooh" and "ahhh" over all of the cool items folks have brought to share. This year was no exception so I figured I'd post a few pics of the event.

No kittens or bunnies were harmed while taking the photographs, however, the participants were often not given advance notice by the photographer resulting in pics of dubious quality. :blush:

Props to RHG for being such a generous host! I had no idea before-hand that we would each get a pre-here Detective to take home. (worship)

We ate in the newly created barbecue pit area where the manly men of the house skin their kills and roast the flesh.

FriNight01.jpg

In this photo, Rick is not talking.

FriNight02.jpg

Mr. Bedrock starts off the evening with some very sweet items from his vault.

FriNight03.jpg

Bedrock and Nearmint listen intently to Tec27kid. It is a convincing performance.

FriNight04.jpg

We move inside as the light dims. A wise man supplies a few "trifles" from his bag.

FriNight05.jpg

"Is this a funny book, or what?"

FriNight06.jpg

Turn off that phone. :makepoint: CNN will just have to wait.

FriNight07.jpg

A super set from a super guy.

FriNight08.jpg

Superman. Fad or flash in the pan?

FriNight09.jpg

Timely arrival. Bunky whistles an accompaniment for each comic. For the Subby it's "e Lucevan Stelle" from Tosca.

FriNight10.jpg

Is there a better Timely cover?

FriNight11.jpg

Size matters! :o

FriNight12.jpg

The evening ends with selections of rare and high grade comics!!! :cloud9:

FriNight14.jpg

FriNight15.jpg

thanks to adam strange for the "re" con... truly a highlight of the con for me and a HUGE thanks goes out to rarehighgrade for hosting the party!

There are a couple of people in those pics I don't reconginze...I assume that's Peter in the blue shirt...who is the gent in the grey shirt?

There are a couple of people in those pics I don't reconginze...I assume that's Peter in the blue shirt...who is the gent in the grey shirt?
you'll have to be more specific as there are mulitple blue and multiple grey shirts (shrug)

Bedrock and Nearmint listen intently to Tec27kid. It is a convincing performance.

lol

Thanks for posting the pictures from what looks to have been a great time!

BTW, what did YOU bring to share with the group?

lol

he brought as impressive of a group of books as one will ever see.... we dubbed it the "dripping wet colors" collection :luhv:

FriNight01.jpg

In the background: John Wise, bedrock, nearmint, West Stephan, bunky brian, Mark Haspel, Socratic Wonder.

In the foreground: Billy Parker, Esquire, detective27kid.

Behind the camera: adamstrange.

Not pictured is Mick Rabin, who arrived later in the evening with some wonderful books.

A GREAT night. Nice guys, awesome books, and fun conversation. Many thinks to Peter and his family for being excellent hosts, and to all the guys for bringing stellar books! (thumbs u

lol

he brought as impressive of a group of books as one will ever see.... we dubbed it the "dripping wet colors" collection :luhv:

Adamstrange's collection is amazing. He's a real connoisseur.

In the background: John Wise, bedrock, nearmint, West Stephan, bunky brian, Mark Haspel, Socratic Wonder.

Not pictured is Mick Rabin, who arrived later in the evening with some wonderful books.

A GREAT night. Nice guys, awesome books, and fun conversation. Many thinks to Peter and his family for being excellent hosts, and to all the guys for bringing stellar books! (thumbs u

Jeff, I recognized everyone except for John Wise. Who is he?

you'll have to be more specific as there are mulitple blue and multiple grey shirts (shrug)

I'm assuming Peter wore the bright blue golf shirt.

He seemed to be handing out the Jumbos and the Tec #1.

Jeff, I recognized everyone except for John Wise. Who is he?

I met John for the first time that night, although I think I've been seeing him in SD for years. He brought some incredible books, including the Marvel #1, More Fun #52, and Silver Streak #6 you see in the pics(the copies in the fortresses), as well as 2 copies of Superman #1. Super nice guy.

I'm assuming Peter wore the bright blue golf shirt.

He seemed to be handing out the Jumbos and the Tec #1.

Yep, that's Peter. And the Jumbos are incredible. :cloud9: